+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increased Nade Damage Trial

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0%

hellryder will become famous soon enough hellryder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

hellryder     $ 10.00

Increased Nade Damage Trial

i have really enjoyed the recent nade damage increase, it seems to have brought a little balance back, giving terrests a bit more power to handle the awpers at back window,

GG
    Hell

Bigboy
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Pepsi     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by hellryder View Post
    i have really enjoyed the recent nade damage increase, it seems to have brought a little balance back, giving terrests a bit more power to handle the awpers at back window,

GG
    Hell
    I agree I haven't played office until recently and have found it a really fun and interesting feature that has kept me coming back, it creates opportunities to destroy a whole team who are just camping or to make interesting plays around the clock.

Would really like to see permanent nade damage increase or perhaps on a couple nights a week like rtd on JB. I understand old players may have trouble agreeing with this but I find it a great way to keep the game fresh and fast paced.

Cheers

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00

Increased Nade Damage Trial

Following on from Friday nights event featuring increased nade damage I decided to leave the nades set at 3 times the default damage and trial this on the server over this coming week.

I received a lot of positive feedback on them in game during the actaul event and over the last 2 days. Out of the players I've asked so far around 15 said they enjoyed them and wanted them to become a mainstay vs 5 that asked for them to be returned to normal or for the damage to be reduced.

I've noticed when the server pop rises to 20 players and over it can get a little lop sided with multiple nades being lobbed directly into T spawn from back yard doing massive amounts of damage and because of this I've asked for the damage to be reduced from 3-2 times the default and we'll continue to trial them over this coming week.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    best thing to happen on the server since throwing knives I reckon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DertySnatchez For This Useful Post:

A Dirty Plebian
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] drillmored     $ 0.00
    One shot nade op without health packs
    Drillmored

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173

hellryder will become famous soon enough hellryder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

hellryder     $ 10.00
    i have noticed alot of mixed feelings with nades this week and i have a suggestion,

keep the nades at x2 or x3 but reduce the radius, with the current radius they seem to be a bit unrealistic

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

I think the novelty of increased nade damage is wearing thin for most players, myself included though overall I’d gauge it around 50/50 atm.

The nades are great fun and work particularly well when the server has less than 16 players or so but I found after the population rises above this (16-20+ players) it often turns into a nade spam fest and ultimately detracts something from the game.

We haven’t begun to further modify or tweak the nades yet so they currently still deal 3 times the default damage, we’ll just have to be patient in the meantime whilst we wait for changes to be made and try and explore alternate solutions and compromises.

If possible reducing the splash damage blast radius sounds like a great idea, I’ll see if we can do this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Nade damage has been reduced to x2 the default, we'll run with that for a bit and see how it goes.

Sticky nades might also be worth looking into at as an alternative or simply something fun to try out (that's also the only way we'll be able to modify the blast radius).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

just like on the sm dm server yah? good good good idea!

Casual Member
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 237
    The_Tactical_Bacon is a jewel in the rough The_Tactical_Bacon is a jewel in the rough The_Tactical_Bacon is a jewel in the rough The_Tactical_Bacon is a jewel in the rough The_Tactical_Bacon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

The_Tactical_Bacon     $ 0.00
    Sticky nades sound really cool, sounds like I'll have to bring back my jihad tactic.
    YEP

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Tactical_Bacon For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    RavenSpyder is on a distinguished road RavenSpyder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RavenSpyder     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tactical_Bacon View Post
    Sticky nades sound really cool, sounds like I'll have to bring back my jihad tactic.
    God please no bacon, what are you doing...we will all be doomed.
    inb4 Tactical + AceFenetic terrorizing CT combo...*shivers*

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    Sticky nades imo are a much better option to trial.

This new increased dmg on nades is another change that puts the Ts at a disadvantage once again

The stairs and Ts spawn are now free kills for CTs and no go zones for Ts esp if you smoke it

The people who are enjoying it are more likely playing CTs than Ts.

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Sticky nades are being looked into as an option for a trial run.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    increased dmg on nades is another change that puts the Ts at a disadvantage once again
    Can you elaborate as to what other changes you think put T’s at a disadvantage?

Call me crazy but from what I’ve seen it really comes down to several factors that include but are not limited to the broad spectrum of an individual players overall abilities and the situational awareness of you and your team mates that determines whether or not you win or lose more so than anything else.

I've seen what you're saying occur Loki from time to time but not on a frequent enough basis to make the determination that T's are at a perpetual disadvantage because of an increase in nade damage.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    You're the stats master - why dun u pull out the stats on kpd across the board whilst playing as CT and Ts

We dont need to discuss how Ts can get contained in their spawn esp if the team is at a inferior skill level (which is most of the time) - and even if the skill levels are 'balanced' we both know the Ts are at a positional disadvantage already

Perhaps you should play Ts more esp when a team balance is lopsided and see whether that affects your opinion on these changes which are making it harder for a team already at a disadvantage

We have already had the discussion why you enjoy playing CTs more but perhaps you should play Ts permanently and see if occurs at a 'frequently enough basis to make the determination that T's are at a perpetual disadvantage'

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Since the nade dmg trial began I can tell you Loki that I find myself playing T’s more often than not.

I also have 33 days play time on T’s as opposed to your 6.

My assessments are also based around the 50 plus hours (versus your total of 2hrs and 18 minutes) I’ve spent in-game on the server actively monitoring the nade damage increase against player perceptions and attitudes.

We sincerely do appreciate your feedback Loki and please do feel free to contribute further, but in this instance I feel as though my considerably greater playtime affords me a superior scope of understanding in terms of how the increased nade damage affects the game play dynamic on Office.
    As previously mentioned a sticky nade trial is being investigated.

Scout+Deagle

Total Donations For

I haven't heard anyone complain once since the damage was put down to 2x, I honestly am not that great at playing on ts but have been playing better on ts lately....due to fact that I actually wear headphones now to hear footsteps and look at the minimap,you can tell were the big flows of cts and vise versa are coming from with ya mini map, then it just comes down to ability to eliminate them and the stronger nades giv you windows of time to get to a diff position and dare I say....counter strike back lol... +1 for the sticky nade trial though, they are good fun

Scout+Deagle

Total Donations For

I see ya point aswell loki when theres a couple of awp campers at long and near roller into window it can be frustrating at times...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DertySnatchez For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    i have a few questions since i migrated from office to dust, but why was the vending machine removed and awps added to menu?
    and why are the filing cabinets placed where they are?

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    why was the vending machine removed and awps added to menu? and why are the filing cabinets placed where they are?
    Initially the vending machine was removed and awps were added to the menu for a trial period to see how they would play out. I personally would have liked to limit them to 3 or 4 per side (selectable via the menu) as opposed to the machine which only had 2, either 2 on one side or one on either team.

During the awp trial which started late in November of last year and continuously since, we have seen an increase in server populations, an increase in the player base and an overall improvement in player retention which is why the awp has remained unrestricted in the weapons menu. It’s worth noting that long ago D2 also had an awp vending machine which was eventually removed.

There were previous discussions on the topic here and here.

The static filing cabinets are taken from the original CS_Office map design, I believe Valves dev team originally put them there (more than likely after play testing) to provide T’s with extra cover from snipers in the CT awp box as they exit spawn at the start of a round.

I can go into greater depth but I won’t.

If you’d like further clarification or additional information about anything else unrelated to the thread topic “Increased Nade Damage Trial” please feel free to PM either myself or one of the other Office admins.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information