+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey guys :)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    marty_ftw is on a distinguished road marty_ftw's Avatar
    Total Donations For

marty_ftw     $ 0.00

Hey guys :)

I'm marty and I tend to frequent Server #4 only because my friend got me hooked on CS:S when I was down in Adelaide a few months back.

Initially, the idea of playing CS:S was more of a need to satisfy my FPS urge. Sure, playing CS is fun and, at times, funny. But, lately, it's been the need to learn, become a (slightly) better player and, eventually, a better team player.

I know I don't have a lot of time to be playing CS:S regularly, but when I do have the time I want to make the most of it and have fun in the process.

I didn't know DTK had a forum until last week, so why not sign up, right? It'd be nice to meet others who frequent Server #4 as if it's their second home.

Outside of CS:S I'm an amateur photographer and, someday, I want to build PCs on a regular basis. Aside from that I work at a large insurance company in Sydney to pay the bills. However, I'm planning to move to Adelaide as soon as I can land a job there. Beyond that I have larger ambitions which I'm holding back due to the natural fear of failing after so many false starts.

Anyway, I want to say hi and hope to meet other DTKers, learn how to properly play on Server #4 and be a better (team) player for it.

Italian Cake

Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [FM] Tiramisu     $ 5.00
    Ohh a photographer!! What kind of photography?

Welcome btw

Bigboy
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Pepsi     $ 0.00
    Hey lad, always great to see another player on the forums, take a peak at surf and other servers ☺

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Welcome aboard mate! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55
    Hey welcome to the forums :^)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Heyy, Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by marty_ftw View Post
    I'm planning to move to Adelaide as soon as I can land a job there.
    Lol... Employment? Here? Good luck :3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

marty_ftw     $ 0.00
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    Ohh a photographer!! What kind of photography?
    Lately it's been whatever catches my eye...and what sorts of photos I can take based on the lens I'm using at the time. I purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M10 not too long ago after a good friend suggested I should invest in a proper camera. This was after he saw the many pictures I had taken with my iPhone 6 with extreme patience because of its slow-ish HD features.

The "Pancake" Lens (14-40mm M.Zuiko) came with the package (from JB, which they had marked down significantly) and, shortly after, I went and purchased the 75mm M.Zuiko lens. I've been using that a lot and so much of the photos I've been taking have been a cross between portraits and macro photography. I'm planning on getting a third lens, a 12mm M.Zuiko, just so I can take some wide shots of buildings, streets and anything else that may look sexy from a nature / architectural / landscape standpoint.

It's addictive. Photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Hey lad, always great to see another player on the forums, take a peak at surf and other servers ☺
    Thanks mate . I have sampled DTK-Office from time to time. Admittedly, it was when I had started out playing CS:S so you can kind of understand why I have a certain preference to GunGame...but hopefully that'll change once my confidence is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Welcome aboard mate! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions
    I will and thanks Delta

Quote Originally Posted by KT... View Post
    Lol... Employment? Here? Good luck :3
    I know, right?

Well I had one rejection from a mid-size insurance agency only because of the perceived lack of experience. But I already know most of their staff so it's not too bad of a rejection. And their managing director's pretty switched on so if the offer came along I'd definitely take it in a heartbeat.

Right now I'm looking beyond insurance and finding jobs that seem somewhat curious. There was a Operations job I saw at Uber...but their placement was 2 months ago. It got me thinking about other places in Adelaide so I'm just focusing on that. Apart from that all I can do is apply, prepare and hope for the best.

Italian Cake

Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu is a dimwit Tiramisu's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Thanks guys

Lately it's been whatever catches my eye...and what sorts of photos I can take based on the lens I'm using at the time. I purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M10 not too long ago after a good friend suggested I should invest in a proper camera. This was after he saw the many pictures I had taken with my iPhone 6 with extreme patience because of its slow-ish HD features.

The "Pancake" Lens (14-40mm M.Zuiko) came with the package (from JB, which they had marked down significantly) and, shortly after, I went and purchased the 75mm M.Zuiko lens. I've been using that a lot and so much of the photos I've been taking have been a cross between portraits and macro photography. I'm planning on getting a third lens, a 12mm M.Zuiko, just so I can take some wide shots of buildings, streets and anything else that may look sexy from a nature / architectural / landscape standpoint.

It's addictive. Photography.
    I know right? Expensive too

Casual Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Dust will become famous soon enough Dust's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Dust     $ 0.00
    Hai welcome friend :^)

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Hi Marty. Welcome.
    The wide angle lens sounds really good would love to hear your thoughts after you purchase.
    I like to draw and found that the better the photos the better my drawings were so i bought a Nikon D5100. I have three lens for it 18-55 55-200 and a fixed focal 35mm.
    Im still learning but i have been really happy with the camera
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Knitting For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    hey man office dm is fun!

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00
    Welcome mate and don't worry about not having too much time to play DTK welcomes all kinds of players, nerds with no life like me and casual players looking to fill in some spare time.

Superman Swag
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 665
    regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] regs123     $ 0.00
    I can model for you if you need

Squallkins - SLEEP is now playing Counter Strike Source
    regs: Did Anna teach you how to play counter strike while sleeping?
    Squallkins - SLEEP: F**k off, don't talk shit about Anna m8.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regs123 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

marty_ftw     $ 0.00
    I know right? Expensive too
    I liked a lot of your photos from Japan (I'm assuming) and some of the cars drifting around the track. I'm probably not there yet and I don't think my camera supports sports photography, but I'm impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by RAFFLE_FAIRY View Post
    Hi Marty. Welcome.
    The wide angle lens sounds really good would love to hear your thoughts after you purchase.
    I like to draw and found that the better the photos the better my drawings were so i bought a Nikon D5100. I have three lens for it 18-55 55-200 and a fixed focal 35mm.
    Im still learning but i have been really happy with the camera
    Yeah I think having another creative outlet helps in other areas. I know some people switch between hobbies or projects whenever they're in a funk or if they need another perspective on a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    Welcome mate and don't worry about not having too much time to play DTK welcomes all kinds of players, nerds with no life like me and casual players looking to fill in some spare time.
    Thanks mate .

Quote Originally Posted by regs123 View Post
    I can model for you if you need
    You...I like you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to marty_ftw For This Useful Post:

Italian Cake

Total Donations For

I liked a lot of your photos from Japan (I'm assuming) and some of the cars drifting around the track. I'm probably not there yet and I don't think my camera supports sports photography, but I'm impressed!
    How and where?

FRAGILE send with care.
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Undercover Martyn     $ 0.00
    How and where?
    Your site is your sig if that's what you're asking
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Undercover Martyn For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information