+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSGO Servers

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 0%

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Swags     $ 50.00

CSGO Servers

Just making a few suggestions to the CSGO servers of DTK.

As many of you are aware, CSGO has gotten extremely popular over the past years with the introduction of countless competitive tournaments, ladders, betting and trading. I have noticed that the current CSGO DTK servers haven't been getting the attention that they deserve.

The most popular aim of CS:GO players is to get better at the game and become much like their beloved idles or play with one of the best teams. It is a suggestion to introduce such servers to aid players in aim and gamesense improvement. There are multiple mods already available to do so.

1v1
    1v1 is a game mode most popular with CSGO players. This involves maps containing multiple arenas and people battling it out in a One verse One situation. People generally play this game mode to practise and train their muscle memory and reflexes in order to get better at the game. It is also an extremely fun and competitive way to kill time. There are 10 arenas in each map (from my experience) and each arena is based on your skill level. You join the server and you start on arena 10, and as you defeat your opponents, you move up arenas.

Retake
    Retake is exactly as the name implies. It is a game mode designed to help players practise retaking bomb sites once the bomb has gone down, and to help players practise defending the bomb site from CT's. The mode works by choosing a random bomb site, spawning the counter terrorists off the bomb site and the terrorists on the site. The problem with this game mode is that the bomb sites get extremely crowded with 5v5 retake situations which are unrealistic. I was suggesting that a complete change of the game mode that uses a concept like arenas to handle the population of players (Thats for another thread).

Aim DM
    Aim DM (Deathmatch) is a game mode also designed to train aim but in a more populated environment. This is a deathmatch mode that involves the use of AIM Maps (Example: http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/167856) which are symmetrical maps with cover on either side. Each map varies in length and density of cover.

Aim DM and 1v1 generally all utilise the standard csgo deathmatch gun menu and !knife plugin. Servers such as Zombies, Jailbreak are hit and miss servers on CSGO and I think now is the perfect time to introduce these 3 competitive servers since CGPL Season 3 has started and teams will be looking to practise for their up and coming games. Also with complaints about servers such as L33T getting a negative rep because of the crappy rego on their servers, it would be good to see some better quality servers popping up and being used.

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Firstly: Thanks for deleting me :C

More on topic, 1v1 and Retake sound great, I'd probs play them loads to get better so I second this. Aim DM doesn't sound bad either but I ain't as pumped about it as I would be for the other two but still good suggestion!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    They look good.
    Nice suggestion.

I'd also recommend to make a war team or 10.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Ham. View Post
    Firstly: Thanks for deleting me :C
    Haha I went on a mass deleting spree. At least everyone does it once in their life xD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swags For This Useful Post:

Am I cool yet?
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Sink     $ 0.00
    These look absolutely fantastic Swags I would absolutely love to see these come into play seeing as I play csgo almost religiously and often have to go to other providers for any real training. One thing however; I think a FFA DM server that can rival L33T's one (which is almost always full) would be more beneficial than Aim DM. You practice on maps/angles you know and thus can play those same angles better in competitive. If we do go for FFA DM though I suggest a map rotation with maybe 20-30 minutes per map, rather than 24/7 d2.

I would also love to see more people on the pug server we have. It sort of just sits there until an event is scheduled and I find that a waste seeing as I (and probably many other else) would love to pug with DtK a couple times a week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sink For This Useful Post:

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    Things to touch on about these suggestions is that, there are already heaps of 1v1 arena modded servers. Retake servers have been started recently and are hot and cold, these are gametypes for competitive players to practice and have attracted ragey players.
    We already had an AIM server before. It was pretty much a copy of the source SMDM server. It did very well at times, and a ghost town soon after. Squall has changed the server quite a few times to gain popularity but only gained it for a short term.

Only way to get any CS:GO servers running and populated is to have the DtK community switch over to CS:GO. We can still have a few CS:S servers, but the majority of the player base on the servers have to be from the DtK community. I will help get people on the server by being on it whenever I have free time or perm banned
    A start would be to fix the current cs:go server as the bots only go on CT and 1 bot spams respawn.
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    8:33 PM - morpheus: not only we have to put up with shitters
    8:33 PM - morpheus: we have to do chors

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HawK For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    We actually had the 1st Aus 1 v 1 server, stats are still available here . It was a new mode at the time and didn't really catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by HawK View Post
    Only way to get any CS:GO servers running and populated is to have the DtK community switch over to CS:GO. We can still have a few CS:S servers, but the majority of the player base on the servers have to be from the DtK community.
    Switching over cannot be forced though. With the CSGO Dust2 server up, majority of the regulars were newcomers and not players from CSS Dust2. Offered both a CSS and CSGO server, they chose to stick with CSS because it's something they enjoyed. Would be silly if we shutdown the CSS server if players are making full use of it. In some cases the player base has to be established from scratch and then from the new player base do we get new community members. On the other hand some servers might do well initially without community backing but still needs support for the long term success of the server. For instance the CSGO Dust2 server, had a bad start and required a few reboots but eventually it made it to being Aus #1 CSGO Dust server with having very few DtK regulars on it. While it was successful with very few DtK players on it, the moment a Deathmatch oriented community put up a Dust2 server, we lost numbers drastically.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    For instance the CSGO Dust2 server, had a bad start and required a few reboots but eventually it made it to being Aus #1 CSGO Dust server with having very few DtK regulars on it. While it was successful with very few DtK players on it, the moment a Deathmatch oriented community put up a Dust2 server, we lost numbers drastically.
    Well there were small things that weren't changed even though the players complained about them. It was the Zeus bug, 2 second lag whenever a new player joined the server, random lag that choked everyone for 3 seconds (addon related) and the ground breaking speed buff which messed up the hitbox for whoever had the speed buff running around. Although some things were resolved later on, the players had already found another server providing a similar gameplay.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Bugs were there yes but during peak of the server, you also have to take into account while a bit buggy, it was due to those additions that a better player base was established (not many were playing on the server when it had a standard setup), additionally we had to rent out a separate 128tick server so players had the best experience which didn't work out well for few players, as a 20 player 128 tickrate server is very demanding client side.

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    Like the idea of the retake server arenas. Good ideas swags :>
    Would it just randomize between players for the arenas?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SubZie. For This Useful Post:

Bigboy
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Pepsi     $ 0.00
    I like the idea of retake if that could be organized i'd play it a lot. Aim seems cool but i'm not sure if those are popular or not. Cool idea tho

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    I like the idea of retake if that could be organized i'd play it a lot. Aim seems cool but i'm not sure if those are popular or not. Cool idea tho
    The Retake server is constantly full. Though, the one up atm only has 11 slots.
    As far as I know, aim servers is really a peak time thing. Majority of people do come on to warm up after school or work, and dies down.

Total Donations For

Retake Idea
    The way retake works now is that it uses the standard default competitive maps. The mod randomly chooses a bomb site and Spawns the CT's at random around the outside of the chosen bomb site, and the T's randomly in the bomb site. This means that there will be 5 CT's retaking a bomb site and 5 T's defending the bomb site which makes the scenario unrealistic.

My Suggestion:
    Using the concept of Arenas, you are to make a map containing 2 of bomb sites ripped out of the competitive maps which leaves you with 2 arenas. CT's and T's are randomly swapped between Arenas so that they get a feel for both. One team will be at a disadvantage which is pretty common during a retake event. Servers can also allocate more server slots in order to counter the population imbalance.
    Example:

Problems:
    Problem: One bomb site will be underpopulated if the server isn't full
    Solution: Focus population on one arena until the population is suitable for the use of 2 arenas.
    Problem: Due to the purpose of retake being to plant and defuse the bomb, with 2 arenas, due to how CSGO works, you can not plant 2 bombs at the same time.
    Solution: One arena could have the T's focusing on entering a bomb site when the other focuses on defending the bomb. (I guess this defeats the purpose of it being called "Retake" but w/e)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information