Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Sky_collapsed will become famous soon enough Sky_collapsed's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00

assault rifle/pistol only server

Hey there.

So lately I find myself getting annoyed at the amount of people who on and use guns like the dakdak p90 and so on, I have tried my best to ignore the problem or come back later when they have their fun with these weapons, but it seems to be getting worse, to the point now where I am trying to find other servers to play on.

Anyway, my thought is what do you think about having a pistol/rifle only server on death match mode with instant spawn? I would like the idea since I am personally getting quite tired of dealing with high capacity mag dumpers.

I just figured I'd throw this idea out there just to see what others think.

Thanks for reading.

PS; I assume this is the right section for this, if not, feel free to move it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sky_collapsed For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    While we are at it, lets just restrict all guns except for the M4 and AK.

Why not just play aim maps?
    I'm not talking about only having M4 or AK, what I'm talking about here, is having all the other weapons excluding gay snipers and spray guns like the TMP P90 M249 or dakdak,

There'll still be guns like the FAMAS AK M4 Galil P228 Deagle etc just no subbies or sniper rifles which just kill the enjoyment of a game, but if people really can't live without them, I'm happy to have them as pick up only weapons.

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 0%

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    I'm not talking about only having M4 or AK, what I'm talking about here, is having all the other weapons excluding gay snipers and spray guns like the TMP P90 M249 or dakdak,

There'll still be guns like the FAMAS AK M4 Galil P228 Deagle etc just no subbies or sniper rifles which just kill the enjoyment of a game, but if people really can't live without them, I'm happy to have them as pick up only weapons.
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I hate the P90/dakdakdakdakdak as much as the next guy, but they aren't THAT hard to beat with a good old AK.

I would enjoy a rifle only server, but as I've seen before, you can't restrict X weapon without players demanding the Y weapon be restricted too, and then it just ends up with the two main rifles (which admittedly I would rather like :^) ).

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Someone could try set this up as an event for server #16.

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    as IcePowered said..even though i hate everyone awping and dakdaking etc on dust2 as much as you, we can't restrict everyone from using guns.
    thats pretty much the reason why dust2 has such a high traffic,because there is always an option in weapons.
    there could possibly be a way to reduce the amount of dakdaks/awps the map can have,but i think the majority would prefer the map to stay how it is.
    like i said about office server,if dust2 begins to put restrictions and making too many changes it's just going to cause regular players that enjoyed the server to leave.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    If we ever did get this kind of server up and running, those weapons would still be there, but they'd be done as pick up only.

It's too excessive allowing people to spawn with them which has really killed dust2 for me lately as a lot of people just stand around spamming them.

I'm sure you could balance weapon restrictions without negatively effecting it too much, however, I'm not proposing this as a change for the dust2 server, I'm more wanting to see it implemented for another server, maybe one that mostly sits empty anyways so it would be utlised hopefully more than it currently is.

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    there is the classic deathmatch server,but even if it was changed,there wouldn't be enough traffic compared to some of the other servers.
    so for anything to even happen you'd have to think, is it really worth the time to make all the changes?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    there is the classic deathmatch server,but even if it was changed,there wouldn't be enough traffic compared to some of the other servers.
    so for anything to even happen you'd have to think, is it really worth the time to make all the changes?
    Well how do you know it won't at least give server 16 a more consistent player base? Sure, it might not be as busy as the boring dust2 server, but if it can at least increase the amount of consistent players a bit more than why not at least try?

We'll never know if the idea takes off or doesn't unless we don't actually give it a try.

Honestly, I don't really play the dust2 server much any more because it's always either spammed out with awps and dakdaks or p90's and m249's which really doesn't inspire me to play the game much anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information