+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skills thread

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%

icantaim is on a distinguished road icantaim's Avatar
    Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00

Skills thread

You legends have any tips on how to survive longer than usual in Dust2DM.

Apart from lagging, what tips can you give?

Besides, what skills do each player at least or must have?
    (Of course, it can't be inherited. Depends on talents.)

So noobs like myself won't die too many times.
    (IE, If you see GTR more than 2 seconds, you'll be dead 90% of the time. If not, you must be lagging.)

Put in simpler term: How to score more and die less? Tips on survival.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    You get good.

Nah, but srs, it's just practice, learning the map, learning where people camp and avoiding that shit. Take note of where certain types of weapons are used mostly, e.g AWPing from T-spawn down through mid doors is always happening, so rush elsewhere.

DM is all about having fun and rushing around, no need to get all tactical IMO, save that for MM.
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 29-01-15 at 12:18 PM.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    I don't really use guns on Dust2 and that makes it all the harder for me so here are some methods of survival:
    • Notice the enemy team patterns. If you get killed 100% every time you're at Long, then there are way too many dudes taking that route. Go Short instead, more than likely, nobody is home and you can take advantage of anybody coming out into the area. At various times of the round, different places will have their weak spots so this method can always be applied

• If it's KDR you worried about then rushing + spraying & praying are your homies. Just use a heavy ass gun with a shit load of ammo and annoy the ♥♥♥♥ outta everybody cause you're literally killing anything in front of you.

• Improve aim - simple. make your crosshair smaller and always aim for a headshot. It conditions your eyes to focus on the tiny spec on the screen which is more or less the size of a head, if you take time to position the crosshair then it raises chances of accuracy + you don't waste bullets.

• Don't bring a pistol to an awp fight. If you know for a fact you got shit aim, then don't play wit somebody with a deagle from long distance. Stay the ♥♥♥♥ away from double doors especially.

All these methods though, you gotta apply yourself to 'em, it's trial and error and they won't work 100% of the time, you just gotta spend more hours working on technique and improve yourself. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you gotta have fun and enjoy yourself.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Willikazam     $ 0.00
    P90 is the most suitable gun for me when I play on Dust.
    This gun is OP if you ask me, but the perfect for Dust IMO.
    Has a short distance range, but it absolutely mows down a shit tonne of bundled up enemies when you are close to them (eg. Tunnels, catwalk, doors etc)
    Also: bigger magazine, bigger rampage.
    My tip would probably be to experiment, use every gun to find what suits you most and stick to that for the time being. Like i mentioned, for me its the P90, i somehow stay alive a lot longer while using it.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    1) Be good

2) Be good

3) Be good

Anyways, just use a weapon you're comfortable with... Don't push hard, just take your time... Collect health packs if you can. I'd say CT side would be the easiest, so start off with that. Try a range of styles / guns and go from there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Aim for the head.

Also, learn how to control recoil and learn the spray patterns.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    Pick to be on the terrorist team then camp at the back in the t spawn (no sarcasm at all) DDDD

Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Aim for the head.

Also, learn how to control recoil and learn the spray patterns.
    What's a recoil?

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    My particular methods involve method acting where by fully immersing myself in the character I become the barrel.
    When people pass me I gently whisper into their ear Do you want pineapple on that?
    Then I stab them.
    it works
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knitting For This Useful Post:

AGENIRO
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] AgentZero     $ 25.00
    Well if you can one bullet from me than you're doing good.

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFFLE_FAIRY View Post
    My particular methods involve method acting where by fully immersing myself in the character I become the barrel.
    When people pass me I gently whisper into their ear Do you want pineapple on that?
    Then I stab them.
    it works
    Drugs are baaaaad, mmk lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    1) Be good

2) Be good

3) Be good

Anyways, just use a weapon you're comfortable with... Don't push hard, just take your time... Collect health packs if you can. I'd say CT side would be the easiest, so start off with that. Try a range of styles / guns and go from there.
    I have always found T's to be easier. That CT spawn camp/pit camping at long as a T is OP. That is why I love playing CT for that exact challenge, however every game is different and it also depends on who you are playing with and against.

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    For the record, I didn't bother reading what others had to say. So if I repeat anyone, meh...

A good way to understand the play style of Dust2 DM is pretty much the same of Battlefield, if you played any of em.
    Best way to get some kills, die less often and not be called a camper would be like a sheep. This is commonly done in BF4 because most players don't bother learning the maps and just jump on a server now and then to shoot someone. CS is on a smaller scale and maps are far less messy and more simple than BF4 maps.

So, just pick your weapon of choice and follow where everyone else goes. Use your RADAR and see where your team-mates are going or got control of.
    If your team sucks or has people like androiid on it, and the opposition has control of long/pit and tunnels, then just follow where the sped with the p90 is going. You should back yourself to get at least 1 kill when trading/following/baiting another player.

Knowing the Dust2 map is fairly simple and will help where you are favoured to get kills. Tunnels, Long/pit and Mid are the points of contention. They are areas where both teams should be fighting over for control. Areas before it should be advantageous to the team on their side, for example; Ts get pit, but its hard for them to advance forward due to zero cover on a straight strip.

*Bitch advice, do NOT use unless a coward*
    Use dak dak
    Farm health packs (reaching 200HP is good)
    Hide behind team mates, run back to spawn when they die.
    Throw smokes on team mates to make them go forward (80% chance they ran back)
    Farm more health packs
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    8:33 PM - morpheus: not only we have to put up with shitters
    8:33 PM - morpheus: we have to do chors

Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    I have always found T's to be easier. That CT spawn camp/pit camping at long as a T is OP. That is why I love playing CT for that exact challenge, however every game is different and it also depends on who you are playing with and against.
    Unless the Ts or CTs know what they should be doing then, the Ts can be unbeatable. Otherwise, Ts also held back to spawn site last night. But I didn't realize Invision could kill so many because I kept attacking long but failed at double doors.. XD

There's a saying in chinse.. You don't fear for super strong enemy but stupid teammates.... XD

Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by HawK View Post
    For the record, I didn't bother reading what others had to say. So if I repeat anyone, meh...

A good way to understand the play style of Dust2 DM is pretty much the same of Battlefield, if you played any of em.
    Best way to get some kills, die less often and not be called a camper would be like a sheep. This is commonly done in BF4 because most players don't bother learning the maps and just jump on a server now and then to shoot someone. CS is on a smaller scale and maps are far less messy and more simple than BF4 maps.

So, just pick your weapon of choice and follow where everyone else goes. Use your RADAR and see where your team-mates are going or got control of.
    If your team sucks or has people like androiid on it, and the opposition has control of long/pit and tunnels, then just follow where the sped with the p90 is going. You should back yourself to get at least 1 kill when trading/following/baiting another player.

Knowing the Dust2 map is fairly simple and will help where you are favoured to get kills. Tunnels, Long/pit and Mid are the points of contention. They are areas where both teams should be fighting over for control. Areas before it should be advantageous to the team on their side, for example; Ts get pit, but its hard for them to advance forward due to zero cover on a straight strip.

*Bitch advice, do NOT use unless a coward*
    Use dak dak
    Farm health packs (reaching 200HP is good)
    Hide behind team mates, run back to spawn when they die.
    Throw smokes on team mates to make them go forward (80% chance they ran back)
    Farm more health packs
    I think I understand the dust2 map but how ppl move are unpredictable.. they may stop and suddenly show up in front of u. So how to avoid that? If everyone stays back, Ts or CTs will be doomed most of the time.. XD

I don't mind to be killed by dak dak or awp but the m4a1 or ak or machine gun will frustrate me the most because i just don't understand how could they one shot me so many times. I already tried to move differently from my previous moves unless I could be lagging..

And I just realized you're from Christchurch!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Banned
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Willikazam     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    Drugs are baaaaad, mmk lol
    i'm gone send you to jelly school mmk

A Dirty Plebian
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] drillmored     $ 0.00
    i'm the usual camper at tunnels in CT, peaking near bomb b
    Drillmored

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    Do you own a headset? Hearing the enemies rules out that unpredictable movement from enemies. Shiftwalking before peeks is always good as people with a headset, assuming they heard you, are unsure exactly where you are.

As a lot of people have said, aim at headshot level and drag down to control recoil. There are videos on youtube that shows you the recoil patterns for some guns and how to counter it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SubZie. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Ceebs reading whole thread, sorry if I'm repeating advice, I love playing CTs so I hope this helps

Aim - unless you're using a spam gun like P90 or para, make sure to shoot in short bursts or else your aim will go to shit. Aim just above the head, tap your left mouse button which should shoot about 3 - 4 bullets, rinse and repeat.

Map
    - at the start of the round, run to the double doors at long and just wait for Ts to come running through = easy kills.
    - if you're being camped long/mid, go via B/tunnels. If you can get into backyard of T spawn, it's a great place to camp and pick people off because it's pretty hard for Ts to hit people crouching behind that wall. Dust2 seems to be a map that favours Ts but if you can get into the B tunnels then you'll have a slightly easier time.
    - if you want to know if someone is hiding around the corner, chuck a grenade there. If the grenade does damage then you'll know to be prepared. (This is especially useful for when you're coming out of CT spawn and there may be people hiding at bomb site A above your head, or when you're heading to the double doors at long and there might be Ts hiding inside)
    - USE YOUR MINIMAP! People think I'm wallhacking because I have my gun ready aiming at their head, but it's because I'm watching you come around the corner on my minimap. It should be at the top left hand corner of your screen. It will show the locations of every single person in your vicinity who has discharged a weapon recently.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information