+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gungame DM Server Possible Improvements

Am I cool yet?
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0%
    Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Sink     $ 0.00

Gungame DM Server Possible Improvements

To start this off, I absolutely love the gungame server and play on it very often. However, from playing it I've come up with a couple of ideas that could make the server even better and keep it fresh for longer periods of time. So let's get right into it!

1) A system that randomizes the progression of guns.
    I've been thinking that it'd be a really cool idea if each time you played a game of gungame, the progression of guns was different from the time before. This could mean that you start on the P250 for instance, then move on to the Nova, the Galil & P90. This way the guns would be random each time you played as while the progression from M249 to Negev to AWP etc. is fun, it does become a little stale after 1-2 hours of playing. However, this does not mean that each person has a different progression from one another, just that the server's progression is random. If this is implemented, I suggest though that the HE Grenade and Knife stay as the last 2 guns in the cycle (for obvious reasons). If any help is needed for this (such as mapping out all the possible progressions), I'd be happy to help.

2) A way to preserve CT/T skins for both teams.
    It sucks sometimes when playing if you have skins for weapons like the AK...but you're playing on CT side so the AK skin isn't used when you get to it. If there were a way to make it so team-specific skins appear on both teams like in Valve's (pretty terrible) Arms Race, that'd be awesome.

3) An adjustment/fix for how many kills you need with each weapon.
    This is a point which I'm not sure many will agree with since it might just be my preference. I personally am not sure if I like having to get two kills with a weapon (other than the HE & knife) to progress on to the next. While this isn't a problem at all for good weapons, it sucks for bad weapons, especially if you get knifed and lose a level. However, this would mean games would end much more quickly so again, I'm not sure if this would be the best change to make.

So yeah, that's it. If you guys have any opinions on my suggestions or notice fallacies in what I'm saying, feel free to tell me how bad of a human I am

Cheers,
    Sink

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sink For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Thank you for the suggestions.

1. This is actually built into gungame and is sometimes enabled on both our css and csgo servers for events. Could become a more common occurrence if more interest is shown

2. Might be possible and will be implemented if so.

3. This could be trialled considering CSGO has much more weapons than CSS. Can start with weekend trials.

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Yea i reckon random weapon rotation would be quite fun if more regular, can be like a vote before the map starts if players want random rotation.
    1 kill level up is alright. rounds would go so fast especially when the servers filled. we did add like extra maps to the rotation so it shouldnt be too much of a problem if the rounds went quicker. im a fan of the sticky nades, and up to the players but it would make the HE grenade level easier if sticky nades were enabled like GG4.
    And i also assume ingame tags dont work on csgo.
    Last edited by Terminat0r; 14-10-14 at 06:35 PM.

Am I cool yet?
    Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink is a splendid one to behold Sink's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I just got on about 5 minutes ago and noticed that it's now 1 kill to rank up guns... and I have all my skins on both teams! Thank you so much for not only taking my suggestions on board and making them happen but also doing it so quickly! Really makes you feel like your opinion counts at Dying2Kill
    Anyway, I'll get back to you after a few hours of play-testing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sink For This Useful Post:

Am I cool yet?
    Total Donations For

Hmm after playing on the server for a while and collecting opinions from people (including the server's most common player; Uncle Jack) it has been pretty unanimous that the 1 kill system is not liked. Games finish too quickly so even with the new maps you feel like the game is over before it started (roughly taking only 30%-40% of the time they used to). I had figured this might be the case when I first tentatively made the suggestion but now that it has been play-tested, we know it to be true. Thanks again for taking the suggestion on board

Banned

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Also not many people are a fan for the nade level. Obviously its hard to get pass but do we have sticky nades for csgo yet. If do we can trial it. Works great on gg4

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Remove scout = tonic may win.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Mitchyc99 is on a distinguished road Mitchyc99's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Mitchyc99     $ 0.00
    I don't know whether anyone saw my post a week or so ago, but one suggestion I could give would be for the level up sounds not to play every level up... When a bunch of people are yelling/screaming and clipping their mics and then that spams the sound too (playing every half second), it isn't a good time at all.
    LE FUNNY SHOOTING GAEM xD

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchyc99 View Post
    I don't know whether anyone saw my post a week or so ago, but one suggestion I could give would be for the level up sounds not to play every level up... When a bunch of people are yelling/screaming and clipping their mics and then that spams the sound too (playing every half second), it isn't a good time at all.
    you can modify your sounds using the !quake command

Am I cool yet?
    Total Donations For

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the system in which skins would appear on both teams seems to have stopped working. Is there any way to fix it?

Banned

Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sink View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but the system in which skins would appear on both teams seems to have stopped working. Is there any way to fix it?
    yea there was a server crash last night and didnt restart till the next morning. and i think it was also causing that glitch where your gun doesnt appear. but we'll see what happens

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    The plugin was disabled due to causing the above mentioned glitch. It is only a temporary disable and it will be back once fixed.

Am I cool yet?
    Total Donations For

Awesome Thanks for the quick reply

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information