+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Project Idea...

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

New Project Idea...

Hi all,

Was on the hunger games map last night on MG and I really enjoyed the concept of it, despite the obvious bugs.

I am thinking about doing a dayz type map for css (no where near as large or detailed) but with the whole survival concept.

The theme
    I was thinking of making it a city or town themed map. These are really good for optimization as you can use areaports etc and will allow for players to move through buildings etc.
    The map would be relatively large but not overly detailed to make room for the weapon spawns, players and keep right away from the resource limit.

The gameplay
    I want to integrate Source mod into this for most of the survival gameplay. Players would need to keep their thirst and hunger sedated like in other survival games and have the risk of bleeding out if shot etc.

It would be done in a deathmatch type setting with respawns, but respawns would be kept to a certain part of the map, randomized, to combat spawn killing and allow stop new spawners from getting close to an established players off the bat.

I can anticipate that players would be teaming together, and a team plugin could be created to stop friendly fire from your team etc. Players could be apart of 1 group only, and can create their own group and invite others etc.

The weapons for the game would be random spawns, placed statically throughout the map. The guns ammo will be scarce, and they will have to scavange the map for the appropriate ammo types.

Players will simply kill each other with scavanged guns etc.

What is required
    Optimization on a map this large will be key. Detail will be kept to a minimum to allow for a larger playing field. Some buildings will be enterable, some won't, and a skycamera will be an invaluable asset for optimizing. Alternatively, I can make use of the fog and zclip feature to limit the view.
    Plugins will be required for keeping track of players hunger, thirst, health (bleed out etc), item spawns, locations and respawn timers.

Items looking at including on start
    Weapons - all basic handguns, hegrenades, flashbangs, water bottles, canned food, tmp/mac10, scout, m4a1/ak47 (scarce ammo spawns to balance), body armour, nvgs.

Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions, let me know. I will start planning this map soon and I would like a few skilled Source Mod scripters on board to manage the for mentioned tasks. If I get enough help from DTK, this will be released exclusively to DTK.

Cheers,
    Newguy

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Atariowns     $ 10.00
    Great Idea Newy ! keep us updated on ur project !! ahhh I can see it now , with all it awesomeness ! keep at it new guy and if u need any help I am a steam message away !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atariowns For This Useful Post:

Banned Able has a spectacular aura about Able has a spectacular aura about Able's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Able     $ 0.00
    Thanks so much for using my Idea of a Hunger games map and actually making it a fully fledged Hunger Games/DayZ MAP! I have one question however sir Where will people be spawned? because i was thinking maybe at the middle of the map and having people still fight for the crates that you begin with in the middle too. Also i find city maps a little too cliche and dtk should all be about originality i was thinking about maybe a Map on "MARS" there will be Large Craters and maybe even little alien houses too.. just let your imagination run wild!! . One last thing dont make the gameplay too complicated leave it to Water and food, the bleeding out could be helped by a packet of blood found on the ground please dont make it that blood donation thing in DayZ, it always pissed me off :/

Other than THAT GREATTT IDEA MAN again thanks alot for using the Hunger Games map to help you with your concept

Delta's Dad
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Aido351 will become famous soon enough Aido351's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Aido351     $ 10.00
    This sounds awesome mate! Can't wait to see it in action

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Able View Post
    Thanks so much for using my Idea of a Hunger games map and actually making it a fully fledged Hunger Games/DayZ MAP! I have one question however sir Where will people be spawned? because i was thinking maybe at the middle of the map and having people still fight for the crates that you begin with in the middle too. Also i find city maps a little too cliche and dtk should all be about originality i was thinking about maybe a Map on "MARS" there will be Large Craters and maybe even little alien houses too.. just let your imagination run wild!! . One last thing dont make the gameplay too complicated leave it to Water and food, the bleeding out could be helped by a packet of blood found on the ground please dont make it that blood donation thing in DayZ, it always pissed me off :/

Other than THAT GREATTT IDEA MAN again thanks alot for using the Hunger Games map to help you with your concept
    I will need to think up the level design in order to get a better concept of what I'm going to do on spawns. I will most likely have players spawn on 1 side of the map.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 390

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Swags     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    I will need to think up the level design in order to get a better concept of what I'm going to do on spawns. I will most likely have players spawn on 1 side of the map.
    Don't change it too much from the original hunger games. Pay attention to the movies and novels.

Ideas?:
    The cornucopia should be in the middle and more rewarding than the map we are currently playing on.
    Maybe make the spawn twice as large and spawn all players with knives.
    Definitely add body armour.
    Maybe if you are making a city map, the cornucopia could be an abandoned SWAT van or a stockpile of abandoned munitions.
    You can look to the Minecraft game mode for inspiration.
    Maybe add traps on the maps that people have to look out for. This will make things interesting making the other survivors not the only danger.
    Also, timed drops and spawns that are deep into the round that players can fight for to gain advantages.

So much potential in this concept! Definitely deserves it's own game mode if these maps are made

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    There are Zombie bots you could implement, and change it to FFA? (assuming you're still going the DayZ route).

The Zombie bots (from what I've seen) can be set up in a few ways I believe, I think they can stay in a certain area which would give a DayZ type of feel.

Best of luck, sounds like a really good concept!

Development Team
    Total Donations For

The zombie bots would take q bit of resource tbh but I like the idea of traps though. There is a lot of potential but ill need to be mindful of sources limitations.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

nos had a really good idea. Have zombie bots spawn as a terrorist and have them spawn in certain locations with changed models. Give them a chance to drop items etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Enterable buildings ideas

IGA - Food/drink
    Dick Smith - NVGs, Flashlight
    Homes - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Apartments - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Service station - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Police station - Guns/ammo

The guns/ammo found in residential and commercial buildings will be limited to pistols and small arms, weapons found in police and military infastructure/vehicles will have a chance for larger weapons.
    Crates will spawn randomly in places.

Lootable vehicles
    military vehicles - high caliber rifles (m4a1/ak47/scout)
    Police vehicles - chance for high caliber rifles, good chance for smgs.
    Security vehicles - Pistols only

Vehicles will be spawned randomly. Military vehicles will be very rare, police vehicles uncommon and security guard vehicles common.
    When a player walks into a vehicle, it will disappear and the gear will spawn under it or the player will receive the gear (depending how the script works).

Player starting equipment
    Knife

random ideas:
    - Different skins for players with armour equipped
    - Bot (zombie) horde spawns randomly around the map. Chance to drop ammo and small arms. If untouched, will relocate (teleport) to new spawn zone.
    - Ammo types: Small caliber, medium caliber and high caliber ammo. Ammo can only be picked up for the respective gun.
    - Unclaimed items from a broken crate disappear after 60 seconds.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Enterable buildings ideas

COLES - Food/drink
    Dick Smith - NVGs, Flashlight
    Homes - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Apartments - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Service station - Water/food/guns/ammo
    Police station - Guns/ammo

The guns/ammo found in residential and commercial buildings will be limited to pistols and small arms, weapons found in police and military infastructure/vehicles will have a chance for larger weapons.
    Crates will spawn randomly in places.

Lootable vehicles
    military vehicles - high caliber rifles (m4a1/ak47/scout)
    Police vehicles - chance for high caliber rifles, good chance for smgs.
    Security vehicles - Pistols only

Vehicles will be spawned randomly. Military vehicles will be very rare, police vehicles uncommon and security guard vehicles common.
    When a player walks into a vehicle, it will disappear and the gear will spawn under it or the player will receive the gear (depending how the script works).

Player starting equipment
    Knife

random ideas:
    - Different skins for players with armour equipped
    - Bot (zombie) horde spawns randomly around the map. Chance to drop ammo and small arms. If untouched, will relocate (teleport) to new spawn zone.
    - Ammo types: Small caliber, medium caliber and high caliber ammo. Ammo can only be picked up for the respective gun.
    - Unclaimed items from a broken crate disappear after 60 seconds.
    fixed

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Lmao bad Shadow! No Coles!

They have money to sue me for copy right

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Lmao bad Shadow! No Coles!

They have money to sue me for copy right
    then make it Cole's lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Have got a lot of the map done now. About 30-40% of the predicted size. Trying to keep detail basic for the moment so I can fit the plans in.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Hit a snag with hammers limitations, has pretty much ♥♥♥♥ed the map. Need to redesign it and try again.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

New Theme idea. Large outdoor area with a road running around the map and a river through it. Has infrastructure like houses, shops, a wooden lodge in the woods, camp sites, petrol station, Dump, vehicles, military camp, power relay station, shooting range, supply drop zones etc.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information