+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's been one hell of a ride, but it's over now.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00

It's been one hell of a ride, but it's over now.

Hey guys, It's with a heavy heart I'm announcing my retirement from DTK. It's been a really long time since I've been active on the forums and the servers, at least a year and a half. This is a difficult decision for me and I've been putting off making this post for the better part of a year now. I'll still pop in every now and then but my heart just isn't in this anymore. Priorities shift and things change.

That being said, DTK has been an important part of my life over the past four years and has without a doubt set me on a path I never would have imagined I'd go down. I've met some really awesome people through DTK and some of you I'll never forget. People I'm now friends with in person and have really strong bonds with. DTK has undoubtedly been a catalyst in my life and the direction it has taken over the past four years. I never expected an online gaming community that I randomly decided to join when I was a kid would have such an influence over my life. This community is amazing and I cannot thank you all enough.

Seeing the changes DTK has gone through and watching it grow during my time here has been nothing short of amazing and I'm so very proud to have been apart of it all. I wish DTK the best of luck in it's growth and expansions and I hope more people will gravitate toward this collective of unique individuals and experience even half of what I have with you guys

But as I was saying earlier, things change and some things unfortunately have to come to an end. I'm not really a big Counter-Strike player anymore (or many games at all for that matter) and as much as I wish I did, I just don't have dozens of hours a week to dedicate to the DTK servers anymore (adult life really is a bitch). I really wish my life was still able to consist of staying up until 4am in my underwear playing Jail Break, living off noodles and Dr Pepper but unfortunately that's just not a possibility anymore :P

I feel as though I've rambled on enough and I should wrap this up now. I guess this is where I shoutout to my dudes who have made my time in DTK what it was.
    Rowdy, you have got to be one of the nicest, down to earth dudes in DTK and I respect you a lot. Always super friendly on the forums and in game you always give people a fair go, in a lot of ways I consider you to be the heart of DTK.
    Juggernaut, it's been almost a lifetime since we properly spoke but we had some awesome times together in JB and our late night JB sessions we're always crazy fun.
    TopCat, you're an awesome dude with a heart of gold man. One of the most genuine guys around. It was always such a pleasure to play with you man and you're one of the few people here who knows as much about hardware as I do :P.
    Cassonberry, regrettably it's also been a long time since I've spoken to you dude but I'll never forget the first times I ever played Jail Break you were there to teach me all the rules and were patient with me when I screwed up, you are one of the main reasons I joined DTK, there was a while there where things got weird and I was a bit of a dick and trolled you a bit, I'm sorry for that and hope there's no hard feelings.
    Captain Coco, along with Cass you were one of the first people I met here and an awesome dude, super hilarious and always had me laughing.
    Effalump, our history is odd to say the least and I think we had a fight last time we spoke :/ but when we got along it was great, you're a cool chick and always fun to have in the server, again I hope there are no hard feelings.
    fred_mackay, had some awesome times with you way back in the day staying up late on JB and Mini games, super nice guy, hope your photography is still working out for you man.
    Pimp Master McGee, one of the first rebellious/troll admins I met and admittedly I gravitated towards you because of this during my "troll stage". I just recently met you irl and have also met heaps of other rad people through you. After years and safe to say, we're friends for life man.
    Droolz, you're fking hilarious man and I always enjoyed playing with you, definitely the life of the party haha. Some of your jokes forced me to mute my mic because you had me in stitches.
    Complexity, you're a rad dude and I always enjoyed our chats, good sense of humour. You also know just about as much as me when it comes to PC hardware and it's cool to see you've filled the spot of the resident forum hardware consultant when it comes to builds in my absence
    Pilot Jones, awesome chill dude, always a ball to have around, it's rad to see you're an SA now, you'll do well man. I love your music taste, your humour and the fact you almost smoke as much weed as me :P
    last of all is watdowehavehere, now my best friend in real life. No longer active on the forums so you probably won't see this but I'll say this as it's relevant to how thankful I am for DTK. After randomly meeting you in DTK Gungame DM two and a half years ago I ended up becoming flat mates with you and forming the best friendship I could have asked for with one of the most decent dudes on the planet, you've influenced and helped direct my life in directions I never would have thought possible, you're a true friend, you've changed my life for real and it's all because of DTK.

I'm super sorry if I left anyone out, it's hard to remember every single person that I shared a good moment with over the years, but I guess these are the most prominent. Let me know if I forgot you and I'll edit you in.

Anyways time to wrap this up. Thank you so much to the whole of DTK as a collective and to the individuals mentioned above. DTK has really helped me through some tough times and made some good times even better. It has helped influence and shape the person I am today. I'll never, ever forget my experiences with you all and I am forever grateful.

Until next time, Liarma out.
    Last edited by Liarma; 04-09-14 at 07:25 AM.
    Corsair 650D, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI , Intel i7 2600K 4.6GHz, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HX-1000W.

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    Don't think I have been in a game server with this guy, but seen him supportive among the forums. Will be missed.
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    8:33 PM - morpheus: not only we have to put up with shitters
    8:33 PM - morpheus: we have to do chors

HOF,Former Zombie SA and TTT JA
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dark Necessities     $ 0.00
    Always sad to see a V go
    Havn't played with you (that I can remember) but I'm glad you've enjoyed your DTK stay. I'm sure DTK was all the more better for having you here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Necessities For This Useful Post:

Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by HawK View Post
    Don't think I have been in a game server with this guy, but seen him supportive among the forums. Will be missed.
    I've definitely played with you on more than one occasion Hawk :P The last time was probably over two years ago and we didn't really talk much, but I still remember you bro

Quote Originally Posted by brittyboyshaun View Post
    Always sad to see a V go
    Havn't played with you (that I can remember) but I'm glad you've enjoyed your DTK stay. I'm sure DTK was all the more better for having you here
    Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words.

Sean's Evil Twin
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Pimp Master Mcgee will become famous soon enough Pimp Master Mcgee will become famous soon enough Pimp Master Mcgee's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Pimp Master Mcgee     $ 0.00
    ur ok I guess. 10/10

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pimp Master Mcgee For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Master Mcgee View Post
    ur ok I guess. 10/10
    xoxoxoxo

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Awh Liarma :]

Enjoyed my time talking with you, maybe we will catch up one day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    "almost" as much. hahahaha you keep tellin' yourself that homie (-;

Preciate the kind words and I hope whatever it is you decide on doing, that it'll take you on a tight ass adventure and will only grant you happiness, you always got a place here at DTK. Take care my nigga.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Good luck liarma . have fun chasing down those real life goals. We will be here pop your head in sometimes.
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Thanks all <3

Banned
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Willikazam     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarma View Post
    I really wish my life was still able to consist of staying up until 4am in my underwear playing Jail Break, living off noodles and Dr Pepper but unfortunately that's just not a possibility anymore.
    Living the dream,

I haven't ever played with you, but you seem to have made quite the impact to the community. It's sad to see you go, but good luck with the future.

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    It certainly has been a please knowing you Liam, albeit only virtually.
    If you ever find yourself in Sydney, I am always happy to go out and meet DtK people- I think I have met over a dozen now.
    Sure adult life can suck, but its no different to any other stage of your life. Moderation is the key. I find that I am nowhere near as active as I was, but I still like to hang around and be helpful when I can .
    Big positive goes out to you as I remember times where we have had a couple of heated discussions about hardware perspectives and the end result is that we both kinda learn something but dont hold any animosity. Because of this, I find you to be level headed and always worthwhile talking to.

All the best mate and good on you for not requesting your tags to be removed... Creeps me out when people ask for that, lol.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    It certainly has been a please knowing you Liam, albeit only virtually.
    If you ever find yourself in Sydney, I am always happy to go out and meet DtK people- I think I have met over a dozen now.
    Sure adult life can suck, but its no different to any other stage of your life. Moderation is the key. I find that I am nowhere near as active as I was, but I still like to hang around and be helpful when I can .
    Big positive goes out to you as I remember times where we have had a couple of heated discussions about hardware perspectives and the end result is that we both kinda learn something but dont hold any animosity. Because of this, I find you to be level headed and always worthwhile talking to.

All the best mate and good on you for not requesting your tags to be removed... Creeps me out when people ask for that, lol.

They got removed anyway lol

Banned
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Willikazam     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarma View Post
    They got removed anyway lol
    "3 Weeks Ago"
    "51 Minute Ago"

Toppest of Kek's

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information