+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CS:GO Weapon Stickers

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00

CS:GO Weapon Stickers

Its no secret that we have a lot of skilled graphics artists in the community- we have had hundreds of sprays produced in the years I have been here.

And that got me thinking- what if we all teamed up to submit stickers to the CSGO community?
    I believe at the current rates the authors get 25% of proceeds, plus have their design integrated into CSGO.
    Where do I want the proceeds to go?
    In my opinion, the proceeds should actually go directly into a 'community fund' that the EMs have access to which should be used to go towards prizes for DtK events.
    How much money are we looking at?
    Well I am guessing it will work out to be 25 cents we make per sticker traded, and roughly 200 trades... which is $50 should we be successful.
    We also stand a good chance as we can leverage on the community members to rate it and favourite if they like it.

There are a few guides out there, including how to make the stickers Foil and Holo.
    Just wondering who would be interested in something like this?

-TC.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 0%

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    i would be keen to support it
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Knitting For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    i like dis idea, if the sticker was to be chosen by valve and put on the store, the money could be used to fund the servers first then any left over can go towards prizes for events

Alley Cat
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    i like dis idea, if the sticker was to be chosen by valve and put on the store, the money could be used to fund the servers first then any left over can go towards prizes for events
    I dont think that what we make in sticker trades will ever cover the servers. I think the donation targets are far more efficient at achieving that financial offset.

Just to remind as well, while I think that the graphics artists in DtK are brilliant- it is only a chance that the sticker will be selected.
    With that said- it seems like the Workshop is 80% gun skins and 20% good quality stickers.
    When a weapon case comes out, its partially comprised of community weapon skins. When the 'community sticker capsule' comes out, its fully community stickers. I think that while we stand a greater chance of achieving with a sticker- its still just a chance.

Next steps...
    I guess this is actually the perfect thread for ideas now so if anyone has some good ones, please throw them out there and feel free to mock up examples.
    I have a couple of my own but i will try to sketch them before presenting. Remember that it must be all original content- Valve has just had to revoke some artwork that was copied.

Example, this sticker has received 1,730 favorites at the time of posting and I KNOW DtK art can knock this out of the park: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=279499719

The league I think we could be in is equivalent to the notoriety of the Sneaky Beaky sticker: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=232510527, which has under 1000 favourites before acceptance as Official Content. (also from same user: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=273056350)

So... Anyone keen to give this a shot?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    We could have a gfx event in which people submit their sticker designs and the top designers could collaborate and work on something together maybe? Or even individually.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RawMower For This Useful Post:

Alley Cat
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

I was kind of hoping that we would get maybe... half a dozen people proposing designs, and whichever 3 get highest votes within the community are the ones we work on and submit.
    Then we can have everyone cooperating on the top designs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam is just really nice Willikazam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Willikazam     $ 0.00
    I reckon they would look pretty awesome.

Alley Cat
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Thought i would just sketch out something.

Figured it might be funny to have 'Risk it for the biscuit' as a slogan\name.
    Not sure whether to make the sticker something like the Bish Bash Bosh style, or include some sort of picture.
    After looking at it- it might be easier to just have the text with some sort of cookie texture in the middle.
    Not sure.
    Maybe someone with skill can help me out though, lol. Cheers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    I've got a double free at school tomorrow I'll see what I can whip up TopCat unless I think of some work that desperately needs to be done xD

Banned

Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    Oh and when I get it done I'll post the image in your sticker request in the GFX department

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RawMower For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information