Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak News 2014

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0%

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00

Jailbreak News 2014

Sup y'all, since comin' into position I've been striving to revive the soul that was once JAILBREAK.

Throughout the past few weeks (despite current issues with the server host) We've gone from havin' a dead server of 4 - 6 a night to a rising 15+. Huge improvement so thank y'all kindly.

Every week we're angling for a goal of 3 extra regulars to build a stable server population, so come around, drop by and help keep us breathin!

MAP ROTATION:

The current Map rotation has been updated with 6 Old School Maps which can be downloaded here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/54dm94

IF you wish to have a map added, feel free to leave any suggestions.

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...all-maps-here)

Here is a thread that features all previous & current maps that were listed within our rotation.

Also, the Development Team are currently in the works of editing less popular maps to make 'em more appealing to the regular players.

So more maps will be added in, yessir.

Here is our current rotation:

ba_apocalyptic_beta6_locked
    ba_colourful_dtk_v1
    ba_jail_aeon_v1
    ba_jail_aperture_science_dtk
    ba_jail_blackops
    ba_jail_campus_v4
    ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix
    ba_jail_fridej_beta3
    ba_jail_handofthrawn_v1_dtk
    ba_jail_jeff_v2
    Ba_Jail_Kajoly_V2
    ba_jail_lockdown_final
    ba_jail_minecraftpiston_DtKV1
    ba_jail_outbreak_dtk
    ba_jail_paradise_v1
    ba_jail_prison_break
    ba_jail_sand_fixd_dtkv3
    ba_jail_snowynights_v3
    ba_jail_xtreme_downview
    ba_mario_party_extended_v1
    ba_prism_dtk_v3
    ba_surfjail_dtk_v4
    jb_carceris_final_fixed
    jb_italia_beta5_dtk
    jb_lego_jail_dtkfix_v3
    jb_minecraft_z_v3f
    jb_new_summer_2012_DtK
    jb_nexzoid_dtk
    jb_razor_electric_beta4
    jb_spacejail_dtk1
    jb_spy_vs_spy_beta5
    jb_vipinthemix_v1_2
    jb_ytd_dtk_v3

RULES:

The Rules have been updated with regulations regarding FAQ.
    Which can be both accessed on the DTK Forum under the "rules tab" and in game by typing "!rules"

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/pages.php?pageid=14

ADMIN HUNT

As you may know, Jailbreak got a reputation of havin' a hunnid Admins at the one time, so I'ma keep that tradition alive and got myself searchin' for fresh meat.

Whilst keeping my eye open, I'd also like those of y'all who believe you deserve a position within our team to send an application explaining why. Don't abuse this privilege or I'll murk ya.

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/misc.php?do=form&fid=20

It can be done so by usin' this form or inboxing me personally.

Once again, I appreciate all the love and support you been throwin' our way, I promise my hustle will not be in vain.

- That's all in terms of updates for now, feel free to use this thread as a way to inquire about any future moves.

Peace out y'all (-: <3
    Last edited by Pilot Jones; 27-06-14 at 12:17 PM.

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    When is Didum getting JA?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Ham. View Post
    When is Didum getting JA?
    When I get a job that don't need me to break into cars or run 30 blocks with 2 flat screens in both hands.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Nice write up. Will be good to see the map rotation change (finally yay). Would recommend editing Colourful though, can be a bit boring over 20 minutes lol.

Few suggestions for rule changes:
    - Add the LR additions to the rules to the LR section. Will get confusing being in General only.
    - Instead of mute/slay/ban a mic spammer, maybe make the process kill/mute/slay/ban. Gives the CTs an opportunity to kill the mic spammer if he is within range, and if not, can move onto the next process of slaying said player.

Nice to see some rule changes come through. Been a long time in the works.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 27-06-14 at 12:45 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Nice write up. Will be good to see the map rotation change (finally yay). Would recommend editing Colourful though, can be a bit boring over 20 minutes lol.

Few suggestions for rule changes:
    - Add the LR additions to the rules to the LR section. Will get confusing being in General only.
    - Instead of mute/slay/ban a mic spammer, maybe make the process kill/mute/slay/ban. Gives the CTs an opportunity to kill the mic spammer if he is within range, and if not, can move onto the next process of slaying said player.

Nice to see some rule changes come through. Been a long time in the works.
    Chyeah bruh, most of these maps are playable but might get monotonous over time so we'll give some exposure to the regulars who haven't played 'em and find any changes to be made later.

On top of that, rules can always be added with an expanding number of players so it'll be good to trial and error them.

Lurker
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 189

bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] bad8lood     $ 30.00
    ussualy u kill the mic spammers for disrupting the round

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bad8lood For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    umm this rule is bullshit...
    18. During !RTD Weekends - For the fairness of both parties, Both T & CT's must not use their !RTD ability to win a Last Request, so consider your choices when you decide to !LR.

If i have chanced my RTD, i would like to pick the LR to benefit it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    This is cute PJ.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    umm this rule is bullshit...
    18. During !RTD Weekends - For the fairness of both parties, Both T & CT's must not use their !RTD ability to win a Last Request, so consider your choices when you decide to !LR.

If i have chanced my RTD, i would like to pick the LR to benefit it
    Ok. I can see your point.

However, when a prisoner is given the option to !LR it allows them a chance to gain a victory. So, with any logical thinking T, the probability that they can succeed in their choice of !LR are already lot higher based on the ground rules they may set to avoid loss, and gain slight advantage over CT.

Allowing T's to use their !RTD diminishes any remaining fairness that the CT may have during that period.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Atariowns     $ 10.00
    Ahh Cheers Pilot and the admin team for going though the maps and getting rid of the sucky ones and putting in some descent ones ! =) !
    Also I would also like 2 say that there has been a big improvement in Jb pop and I also feel like the "soul" of jb is coming back 2 ! I think it was a few days ago jb was like 3 people of a full server !!

ba_colourful_dtk_v1 One of my favorite maps back in the day =DDDD ! Although I have 2 say... no Battleforce ?
    jb_razor_electric_beta4 ohhhhhhhh the rebellers are gonna have a field day with this one XD !

also with rule 18 why not just have a plugin that removes Rtd effects ? ( I thought it already did though.. could be wrong )

Anyways keep up the good work guys =)

Last edited by Atariowns; 28-06-14 at 01:01 AM.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot Jones View Post
    Ok. I can see your point.

However, when a prisoner is given the option to !LR it allows them a chance to gain a victory. So, with any logical thinking T, the probability that they can succeed in their choice of !LR are already lot higher based on the ground rules they may set to avoid loss, and gain slight advantage over CT.

Allowing T's to use their !RTD diminishes any remaining fairness that the CT may have during that period.
    I always believed that RTD was used for a potential advantage during the round game play. Agree that it shouldn't be used in LR as there are other rules stating that the request should be reasonable (rule 5 in LR). Challenging someone to race when you have increased speed, or a gun toss comp when you have long jump isn' reasonable.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    didum60 will become famous soon enough didum60 will become famous soon enough didum60's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] didum60     $ 0.00
    newy gotta love dat super speed rtd

Total Donations For

Sup y'all so most recently I searched through 25+ pages of JB maps, tested and trialed to make sure dat they're playable and can be enjoyable for both Guards and Prisoners. Out of the 19 maps that looked promising, I only found 8 that seemed appropriate.

Here is a list of maps recently added to the rotation:
    ba_underwater_prison_v4
    jb_last_encounter
    ba_jail_abstract_space_94
    jb_friendship_v1_fix
    jb_bisounours_party_1_1
    pb_maxsecurity_v2
    ba_jail_SpaceStation_dtk_v1
    jb_castleguarddev
    jb_paper_alive_fix

Download here:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/a7c59h
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ndmhoe

Please feel free to come join and play. Any feedback on how you might feel about these additions are welcome.

- in other news, Events such as Guntoss Championships 2014 may be coming to a server near you - keep your eyes peeled!

Much love.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Four new and exciting minigames have been added into our !LastRequest system!

Circle of Doom

"Both Prisoner and Guard are teleported into the Circle of Doom.
    However only one may exit.
    When you knife your opponent, they are slapped.
    Force your opponent out of the circle to win the LR."

Maximum Damage

"Deal the maximum amount of damage to yourself within 45 seconds to win this LR.
    Once you win the loser is packaged nicely for you and frozen."

Hand Grenade Battle

"Deal 250 hp damage to your opponent using auto refilling HE grenades to win this LR."

Back Stab

"Win the LR by backstabbing your opponent."

in addition, the Smite plug-in has been added to bring a more entertaining for an Admin's approach to all y'all who commit freekills or break rules.

Preview:

Shouts out to Squall for putting these in.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Atariowns     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot Jones View Post
    Four new and exciting minigames have been added into our !LastRequest system!

Circle of Doom

"Both Prisoner and Guard are teleported into the Circle of Doom.
    However only one may exit.
    When you knife your opponent, they are slapped.
    Force your opponent out of the circle to win the LR."

Maximum Damage

"Deal the maximum amount of damage to yourself within 45 seconds to win this LR.
    Once you win the loser is packaged nicely for you and frozen."

Hand Grenade Battle

"Deal 250 hp damage to your opponent using auto refilling HE grenades to win this LR."

Back Stab

"Win the LR by backstabbing your opponent."

in addition, the Smite plug-in has been added to bring a more entertaining for an Admin's approach to all y'all who commit freekills or break rules.

Preview:

Shouts out to Squall for putting these in.

Just wondering if in the circle of doom lr we can have a 5 second warning before it starts ! because this keeps happen that ill be running with a knife and then all of a sudden a t will lr me circle of doom and I don't get a chance 2 play , Because I run straight into the death area .

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atariowns For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

"Relax Guys =)"

Updates are here

MAPS:

Thanks to Imthenewguy's time and effort we've had several maps installed throughout the course of a few months:

These include - Mario, Apocalyptic, Prism and now a beta release of Silo in it's 7th current refinement.
    All of these maps are available on the rotation for your access.

If you wish for a map to be added, or removed - feel free to contact me or leave a line in the thread.
    We will have less maps, more maps if that's what y'all want!!!!

EVENTS:

As of right now, preparations for the 2014 Guntoss Tournament is underway, the winner getting a months free access to the DTK store, expenses donated by me.

So good luck y'all. (-:

In addition, we all in the works to bring out "Fight Club" this event will be promoted with more details in another thread right after the Guntoss Tournament, so stay tuned for it.

MISC.:

If you peep above, y'all can see we had 4 potential !LR games installed, however these were not up to par and were causin' issues. These are being fixed and will hopefully be re-added for your pleasure.

New theme/game end music will be looked at to make the JB server more homely.

Most recent news being our new addition to the team, [JA] KT - She'll continue to make contributions as she has done throughout the last few months and fill the server with a warm presence.
    It's important that we commend the females of our community who make effort to show love for gaming. So, big ups to you KT!

So to conclude, while JB's usually quiet this time of year, we all striving to make every connection you make worth while. Hope to see you in game!

Pilot Jones.
    Last edited by Pilot Jones; 02-09-14 at 05:26 PM.

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55

Cool

Updates

Just a few updates : - )

RTD:

RTD has been turned on for the holidays, as not everyone is on holidays this week, expect it to stay on for the next 3 weeks, so it covers everyone's holidays.
    (in addition, if the novelty of rtd starts to wear thin, it will be switched off for the 2nd week, and returned for the 3rd)

Maps:

Some potential new maps will be added to the rotation in the near future for a trial on the server.
    With the addition of new maps comes the removal of some unused and unsuitable maps.

Fight Club Event:

Although it was a little unorganized; the turn out was great, many thanks given to everyone who was willing to sub at last minute and to those who were able to turn up to the event ^.^
    Congratulations once again to
    B1gby for winning.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KT For This Useful Post:

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55
    Long Awaited Updates

Although no updates have been posted recently the Jail Break admin team has been working on quite a few things for JB and wanted to post when everything had been sorted.

MAPS

If you have any suggestions for map removal or any maps we could add to the current rotation please let us know >>here<<

Removal:

After going through the current rotation a list of maps were found to be either unsuited to DtK JB, not the best quality or unenjoyable to play, these maps will be removed some time early November (there is a reason for delay).

jb_bisounours_party_1_1
    ba_jail_snowynights_v3
    ba_underwater_prison_v4
    jb_paper_alive_fix
    ba_jail_abstract_space_94
    ba_handofthrawn_v1_dtk

Update:

jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7
    (the current version on rotation is beta5)

EVENTS

Although Halloween isn't heavily celebrated in Australia, Jail Break will be having a small event for it, there will be more information early next week in regards to this event. 3spooky5me ( - :

Some previous events are also being looked into being redone on the server.

EXTRA

Intro Music:

We finally have some new Intro music for the server, the winning tune was Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It - Ice Cube the small segment that will be used for jb is >>this<< it will be implement on the server some time early November as well.

All-talk:

All-talk will be enabled at the end of each map, thanks to the suggestions from everyone. This can be changed if it causes too much mic spam to happen as normal rules apply even at the end of the map.

Overlays:

After viewing all the CT and T win overlays we have decided to go with these >>T<< and >>CT<< win overlays thanks to Scakk. Thank you to everyone else who also made ct and t win overlays. They won't be implement on the server for a while as bad8lood is trying to sort out the flickering issue that overlays can have.

This concludes Jail Breaks updates for now Thanks Friends.

WATCH THIS SPACE : - )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KT For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

This thread prolly hands down the prettiest looking thread in DTK history man lmao.
    Colors are so ♥♥♥♥in' cute.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    If i come play Jailbreak will you Lederhosen with me
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Closed Thread

Thread Information