Thread: Server Idea

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%

m4cs is on a distinguished road m4cs's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] m4cs     $ 10.00

Server Idea

I could be wrong on these, so please correct me if it is so:

1.)I haven't found a DTK or as a matter of fact any Australian CS:S server playing the good old traditional maps (Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Inferno, Cbble, Train, Chateau...hmmm what else?) with an active player base

2.)Having fun is great but it can also be done by playing good matches in 5v5 or even 6-7-8 players/team with no mods installed on the server.

I really like the Dust_2 DM server and my casual visits on Office DM and occasionally a Gungame but I am really missing the good old ''wars''.
    Would it be possible to have a server like this:
    - runs with NO significant mods, NO addons, voices...etc
    - plays the good old maps, not always the same
    - runs 24/7 BUT every day there could a few hours of password protected session;

Here is an idea of how it could actually work:
    1, People could sign up for the password protected game on the forums every day (this may also increase forums activity)
    2, the server would be booked in and a password assigned to (or always the same password and people would just be asked to not abuse this and only join if signed up
    3, Match finished and server back to normal

Most of the DTK servers are great for practising aiming (and spraying lol) but they don't really teach players how to play it smart. When you have to wait for others to finish a round, it makes you think twice before running from A to B while decorating the walls with bulletholes. Not having 2-300 HP also makes you think twice
    This type of gaming would be very beneficial for low/medium skilled people and great fun for the rest.

Not sure if anyone else thinks the same though?

Edit:
    Oh and I haven't really played GO yet because of technical difficulties, but the same thing could be true to that game too.
    Last edited by m4cs; 24-06-14 at 07:54 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m4cs For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by m4cs View Post
    I could be wrong on these, so please correct me if it is so:

1.)I haven't found a DTK or as a matter of fact any Australian CS:S server playing the good old traditional maps (Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Inferno, Cbble, Train, Chateau...hmmm what else?) with an active player base

2.)Having fun is great but it can also be done by playing good matches in 5v5 or even 6-7-8 players/team with no mods installed on the server.

I really like the Dust_2 DM server and my casual visits on Office DM and occasionally a Gungame but I am really missing the good old ''wars''.
    Would it be possible to have a server like this:
    - runs with NO significant mods, NO addons, voices...etc
    - plays the good old maps, not always the same
    - runs 24/7 BUT every day there could a few hours of password protected session;

Here is an idea of how it could actually work:
    1, People could sign up for the password protected game on the forums every day (this may also increase forums activity)
    2, the server would be booked in and a password assigned to (or always the same password and people would just be asked to not abuse this and only join if signed up
    3, Match finished and server back to normal

Most of the DTK servers are great for practising aiming (and spraying lol) but they don't really teach players how to play it smart. When you have to wait for others to finish a round, it makes you think twice before running from A to B while decorating the walls with bulletholes. Not having 2-300 HP also makes you think twice
    This type of gaming would be very beneficial for low/medium skilled people and great fun for the rest.

Not sure if anyone else thinks the same though?
    1. Server #16 Default Maps is very similar to what you have described. Only the default maps are on rotation and plugins are minimal with no significant changes to gameplay.

Currently the top Australian CSS server is actually a default maps rotation server. ( it does run custom maps too)

2. We have Server #8 PUG for this. It is locked and allows 10 players (5 on each team) to battle it out.

Server #16
    will be getting replaced in 1-2 weeks time, so I am happy to listen to any suggestions you may have that could ignite the spark back on Server #16.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Thanks for pointing that out! My server browser does not really work too well so I usually have to manually add servers.
    I think one of the problems could be that people don't even know of that server (I am sure I am not the only having this server listing problem, also a lot of us check the ''only show servers with players on it'' button, and it just doesn't show up on their list.

But that's probably not the main issue! The trouble with public servers is that the new players are forced to play against people out of their league and they keep losing all the battles they get into, then are forced to wait a minute or two till the round is finished. So they end up on a DM server where they are just thrown back in the battle and can always score a few, no matter how good their opponent is.

Perhaps work out a system where players are being categorised in groups. Each new and existing member could be tested and assigned to a group. If they play against close-to-equal opponents, they will achieve more and feel better about themselves.
    Make the server(s) password protected so only the people with the right skill level can access it or make it public and have a bunch of admins filtering the players.

I am sure a lot of members would enjoy a server like this.
    If there is need for it, I am more than happy to assist in working on the details

6. The Following User Says Thank You to m4cs For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Server #16 could be replaced with a Dust2/Office Nilla server since those 2 maps are quite popular.

FRAGILE send with care.
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Undercover Martyn     $ 0.00
    I think there's too many other nilla servers with their player bases already established.. Making an arena mod for css might work though?
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Undercover Martyn View Post
    I think there's too many other nilla servers with their player bases already established.. Making an arena mod for css might work though?
    What is an arena mod like?

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    I like this idea and if we could get a server to do this well ill put my hand up for admin i do miss the good old maps and would be great to get an active server in which we could do this. and yea maybe with the pass wording idea well maybe you could have a forum where people could book the server for a while, they could state what time and ect in which they would want it. It also would be good without the mods as a lot of people do get used to it and well when they play i.e a normal server they forget bout no modded health ect so would be great to have a server with no mods and just run the good old maps!

i am for this idea and put my hand up for admin if this idea does come to mind

Total Donations For

And I will be a daily visitor. As long as it only has 12-14 slots, it would be really good

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    if we make it a pub server might have to have a few more slots depending on the server but i think maybe 24 slot so 12 ppl, each isnt too much and the lag ect should be minimal

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Tommeh will become famous soon enough Tommeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Tommeh     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    1. Server #16 Default Maps is very similar to what you have described. Only the default maps are on rotation and plugins are minimal with no significant changes to gameplay.

Currently the top Australian CSS server is actually a default maps rotation server. ( it does run custom maps too)

2. We have Server #8 PUG for this. It is locked and allows 10 players (5 on each team) to battle it out.

Server #16
    will be getting replaced in 1-2 weeks time, so I am happy to listen to any suggestions you may have that could ignite the spark back on Server #16.
    What are you replacing the server with?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information