Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LM Nominations idea

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

LM Nominations idea

Hi all,

I am not sure if this has been suggested in the past, or if I am simply making an ass of myself, but I had an idea for the life member position in DTK.

Currently, as most of you already know, there is only 1 life member in DTK - Bruce. I personally feel that there are members inside this community that deserve to be looked at for LM status due to their contributions to the community on both the forums and in game.

So my idea is as follows!

We host the DTK awards night once every year, and we take votes on who should take top places on a series of award categories (ie best staff, best JA etc). I strongly feel that a LM nomination category should be introduced to this event and would offer a more prestigious award to keep people attending until the end, as well as recognising a person of excellence within our community.

The Life member category nominations would be more extensive than others, and would require certain criteria to be filled out describing why the nominee should receive this coveted title.
    Example of the criteria: X years minimum within DTK to be accepted into the running. Highlighted contributions to DTK both in game and on the forums. etc etc.

The award process wouldn't work the same as the other categories, but would be up to council to review the submissions to see which applicants (if any) would be worthy of the title.

This would keep the LM title exclusive and coveted as only 1-2 people would be eligible per year to receive it.

Anyway, let me know if this is something that would be considered, and what everyone else thinks.

Cheers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Only on nominations. The criteria would remain as strict as it currently and the decision would ultimately be made by council.
    but then there would be no point in nominating, because, obviously someone that deserves LM wouldn't fall unnoticed under the eyes of the council, so they would promote whoever deserves it, anyway.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    but then there would be no point in nominating, because, obviously someone that deserves LM wouldn't fall unnoticed under the eyes of the council, so they would promote whoever deserves it, anyway.
    The difference between the proposed setup and the current setup is the attention brought to the rank. If people are able to put forward their nominations and reasons as to why this person deserves it, it would assist in making a decision. Council cannot be everywhere after all.

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    LM is too prestigious, i dont consider it as a rank cuz its that special and that highup. No one can get nominated for LM only council can take care of the LM business.
    In the meantime we have The Jedi Rank which is still quite highup and still a precious rank for real dedicated members. LM is just a conpletely different game

Not having a go but like saying having 1 LM per year kinda makes the LM rank quite useless, if you have to vote or jominate someone to get the LM promotion every year the respect of the rank really goes down. We shudnt be forced to make a LM promotion happen eevery year for someone. Its a special thing that doesnt happen every cycle of time or whenever.
    Last edited by Terminat0r; 10-05-14 at 02:43 AM.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

The difference between the proposed setup and the current setup is the attention brought to the rank. If people are able to put forward their nominations and reasons as to why this person deserves it, it would assist in making a decision.

You mean a promotion nomination form like this which already exists (since 2011)? http://www.dying2kill.com.au/misc.php?do=form&fid=9

Council cannot be everywhere after all.
    True that Council can't know each and every member on a personal level BUT not true about contributing members.

Fact of the matter is that someone deserving of LM would not even need a nomination as their contributions, time with this community, their loyalty, their commitment, etc would speak for itself.

7:56 PM - Umesh Sharma: everyone for LM right
    7:56 PM - Umesh Sharma: LM is the new T

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    You mean a promotion nomination form like this which already exists (since 2011)? http://www.dying2kill.com.au/misc.php?do=form&fid=9

True that Council can't know each and every member on a personal level BUT not true about contributing members.

Fact of the matter is that someone deserving of LM would not even need a nomination as their contributions, time with this community, their loyalty, their commitment, etc would speak for itself.
    That promotion form is only for N->M, M->T and T-> isn't it?

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    That promotion form is only for N->M, M->T and T-> isn't it?
    your talking about the new self nomination form

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    Remember Bruce "god" is always watching over you all... :P

Nerf post!!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 171

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis... View Post
    ..I kinda agree with newguy here.. Not with LM rank, but making a rank that more shows those who have put in a lot of hard work, dedication and loyalty to DTK. I know there is JEDI, however i agree it would be great to have a rank that a few of those special members who have put DTK where it is today could be recognized by. The only reason i know who Bruce is, is because he is the only LM member, as for what hes done or who he is i don't know, but his LM makes me have a lot of respect for him, and i know hes done a lot for this community. So in other words it would be great to know others like Bruce, and i can say i would have a few names i would love to nominate for such a rank. Anyways just my opinion :P
    Agreed

Closed Thread

Thread Information