+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Offices Changes - Sorry not a fan!

Banned
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00

Offices Changes - Sorry not a fan!

Hi!

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the office changes. I know there was some drama about Office recently I didn't hear much so I will just tell you what I think about the changes.

There are 3 main changes I would like to discuss.:

Hostages, Golden Gun and Blue Box (outside of Window)

Hostages:
    This change isn't that much of a deal to me, but that being said...why the change? I know Hostages get in the way of a good shootout but that is the point! Trying to take down your enemy without capping an innocent. It's a skill test. I think the chickens look silly.

Golden Gun:
    I actaully don't mind this change...but again, I don't know why it was instigated.. The Golden Gun on Dust 2 is always in the same place It didn't seem like an issue to me... but I like the idea that It randomly appears now, I can get behind that.

Blue Box (Outside of window):
    Not a fan of this Adjustment AT ALL. It now takes 2 jumps to get on the box from the Left side usually cause It's a T hot Zone if gives a Terrorist advatage of them shooting you because you have to jump twice to get proper slight of them now. I hate this change. It used to be 1 jump to get up there, as you know shooting in the air sucks... having to jump twice there is like Suicide. Trying to jump on the box from the right side is EVEN HARDER you have to do a perfect Jump, Crouch landing to make it up there. I know this was adjusted cause people hated the CT Window campers (behind the pole in the middle of the windows) But, what is the difference...on Dust 2 we allow T's to camp at B Double Doors and Snipe CT's as they respawn and that to me is 1,000 times worse. Half the time I play on Dust 2 I re-spawn and straight away before I even move I am shot down to 40hp, then you die again cause you started with such low HP. It's Annoying!

Anyway I believe the Blue Box on Office should be put back the way it was... even if you leave the hostages as Chickens I don't care but the Double Jump thing has to go. My 2 Cents.

Oh...that and the Fanta Machine... seriously? Who drinks Fanta! It should be Coke!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TotalMK For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    You forgot about the gun changes, which seems to be the hot topics. More so then the other changes.

As for the rest. Office is not Dust!! Camping is one of the shittest things about CSS and IMO office is great because their isn't much of it, fixing the window camping slightly is a good thing, however I reckon the box needs a bit more work. Plus the major camp spot on the box is on the left side (looking into T spawn), making it 2 jumps helps that problem. Not having a go either, just replying.
    Last edited by Goose; 13-03-14 at 03:22 PM.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    This should probably go in the office thread, not general.

In any case, I welcome the anti-window camping measures. Nothing more dog than CTs sitting on the window head camping. Only way I could take them out was with a scout, and I would have to change my gun setup for the round when that was the case.

I am a fan of all of the changes, the hostages don't bother me because they are rarely moved and CTs rarely venture into T spawn because of the spawn protection.

The golden gun works well as its not just sitting on CT window for them to pick up and spam the entire round.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Moved to correct section.

The change to the window box has actually been very well received by Office players. It its a minor tweak that helps out T spawn camping somewhat, without fully taking away the ability to get on the ledge etc.

Like above, Office isn't Dust. Comparing the GG settings from that server to this server means nothing.

Chickens are basically for fun, lol. Also the different HP means incidental kills don't happen now or something, but yeah like above, hardly anybody goes for them while the server is busy, so not too much difference anyways IMO. I don't see the issue with them not being people.

Don't be so chickenist.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    only a player that always plays as ct will complain about the blue box change.
    imo,it was a very well made change by the admin team.

as for dust ct's,ct's can dominate t's any time..depending on the balls of the ct team..and believe me,it is worse being in T spawn being dominated that ct spawn.

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    I drink Fanta. Fanta is ♥♥♥♥ing wavy bruh dunno what you talmbout, If you not a fan of orange or grape I can't be seen witchu.
    The fact y'all get 2 AWPs from that thang too, is enough.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Banned
    TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Sorry I don't aggree with you guys. I usally play T on office, lately I have been playing CT cause I normaly play on Dust 2 as CT. When I was T on office I NEVER has ANY Issues with the camping. Ever. In fact I used to clear that window like A boss. I would throw grens there or use my trusty Five-Seven sidearm (low recoil med damage) to clear any window campers. I feel I need to say this, as I have been arguing this the whole time I have been playing CS. Camping is part of CS. If you are not smart enough to look behind door,s boxes and hallways you deserved to get shot in the face. If you are a good player you will check all those places...like I do. In dust 2 before running out of the Double Doors into T Spawn I will fire a few shots behind the door to see if I get a Damage report. It's not rocket science. People who BITCH about Camping on CS have always shit me...if you can't play the game go play Tetris or something, that way there are no Campers... as for this Blue Box in Office I stand by my opinion it sucks balls. - No offence ment to anyone that is just my opinion.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TotalMK For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalMK View Post
    Hostages: This change isn't that much of a deal to me, but that being said...why the change? I know Hostages get in the way of a good shootout but that is the point! Trying to take down your enemy without capping an innocent. It's a skill test. I think the chickens look silly.
    I kinda felt the same way about the hostages(with regards to not shooting them being a kind of skill test), though it can also be argued that it's a DM server so it's not about hostages.

The chickens do look silly but they are still hostages, on the rare occasions that the chickens are on the move they don't get caught in the crossfire nowhere near as often and most players would rather be shooting an opponent not a hostage meat shield. Nobody is dodging bullets whilst hiding behind a chicken.

Now jumping on to the box can be a skill test too. Seriously how hard is it to jump?
    We've seen a marked improvement in game-play from raising the height of the blue bin on the server.

Honestly it's far easier for a CT to jump up there still then it ever was for a T to clear that area of window campers. CT's can and still do camp there but at the same time they offer more of their player model as a target.

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Nothing more dog than CTs sitting on the window head camping. Only way I could take them out was with a scout, and I would have to change my gun setup for the round when that was the case.

I am a fan of all of the changes, the hostages don't bother me because they are rarely moved and CTs rarely venture into T spawn because of the spawn protection.

The golden gun works well as its not just sitting on CT window for them to pick up and spam the entire round.
    Pretty much what he said^^^
    Last edited by Knight_Ops.; 13-03-14 at 07:09 PM.

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    Now jumping on to the box can be a skill test too. Seriously how hard is it to jump?
    We've seen a marked improvement in game-play from raising the height of the blue bin on the server.
    It's not that it is hard to jump on a box, it's that I have to jump twice, having to jump twice gets you killed as there is a t infront that you can't shoot cause you have to double jump up to the damn box.... the T stands in that hallway and waits for people to double jump for free kills. I do have trouble jumping on the Blue Box from the right side however...

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    It's not that it is hard to jump on a box, it's that I have to jump twice, having to jump twice gets you killed as there is a t infront that you can't shoot cause you have to double jump up to the damn box.... the T stands in that hallway and waits for people to double jump for free kills. I do have trouble jumping on the Blue Box from the right side however...
    So instead of not looking cause you're jumping, just wait in the yard and shoot them?

Or...go up the stairs and shoot them.

Or, jump once, onto the wooden crate, shoot the T in front of you, jump again.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    only a player that always plays as ct will complain about the blue box change.
    *Coughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    So instead of not looking cause you're jumping, just wait in the yard and shoot them?

In his defence there is a thing called respawn and aggressive play.
    Last edited by RuStY; 13-03-14 at 07:41 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post

1. I am looking, but to see the full scope of T's in front of you, you need to jump twice. 1 Jump you can see some, but not all cause you are still lower down, I have noticed several T players stand in a certain spot back from the window...you can't see them unless you jump twice, they wait for CT's to do the 2nd jump and shoot straight away.

2. Yes I could take the stairs, but I find the stairs is a lot more risky that the Windows way. Stairs are for speed, Windows can be used to sneak into the T spawn Area.

3. I could do this, but I have trouble jumping up on the side with the crates...It's seems to be a lot harder to get up from the right that the left. And on top of this there is an onslaught of T's pouring out (Like Rusty Said). you need to be quick...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TotalMK For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 287
    zone will become famous soon enough zone will become famous soon enough zone's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] zone     $ 0.00
    Well I'm a fan of the changes - as a T you can get out of the door much easier, as a CT there is still plenty of opportunity to kill the T's. All up I think the change has added balance and improved game play.

Nice one guys! (and Gals)!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zone For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Also I forgot to add that having that box makes it easier for T's or CT's to jump over to the ledge over the doorway that leads into the stairs. This means you can jump over to the tree and camp all the way on the upper ledges in front of the double windows. Without the box it was a very hard jump to make, doable but very tricky with the added box It's simple to jump allowing T's to camp the front area.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    Also I forgot to add that having that box makes it easier for T's or CT's to jump over to the ledge over the doorway that leads into the stairs. This means you can jump over to the tree and camp all the way on the upper ledges in front of the double windows. Without the box it was a very hard jump to make, doable but very tricky with the added box It's simple to jump allowing T's to camp the front area.
    As you noted, both Ts and CTs can do it so I personally don't think it's a particular advantage to either side. Sure, T's can run and jump up there directly after spawning (typically at the beginning of a round, when there's no chance of CTs yet hiding in the yard), but I've been shot numerous times by CTs who camp there, too. And it doesn't always work: there is a 'magic spot' you have to hit when jumping in order to successfully get up there.

Indeed, that ledge provides a nice view right into T spawn, so easier access certainly invites CT AWP/scout camping. Yes, Ts can hide up there to ambush an unsuspecting CT player running into the yard, but that's no different to them crouching behind a corner, box, etc. in that area, and sitting up there certainly doesn't allow any view into CT spawn. Indeed, once it's known a T is camping on that ledge, they certainly can't hold it for long - it's simple for CTs to take them out (as it almost seems as though bullets can penetrate upwards through the ledge sometimes...)

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 203

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    Thanks for all of your input the administration team will look into and discuss all of your concerns in due course
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

25. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00
    the recent addition of the smoke nades is good! stops those pesky dakdak campers ^.^ just need the even rarer addition of flash bangs

I like the changes to the window box. I have been able to occasionally window camp recently just need to move more to avoid t's and vice versa been able to get out of t spawn while someone was window camping :P not sure why the ledges were brought up, I've always been able to get to them (as python would know hehe). if anything I find it harder to get up there now cause the box has a corner bit that i always get stuck on >.<

I agree with zone.. these changes have made play better :}

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information