+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mg_titan_mode Release!!

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

mg_titan_mode Release!!

Hi all,

I have been working on a new game mode for mini games over the last few days. It is based off the epic game mode from battlefield 2142 called Titan mode.

In Titan mode, teams must take control of the missile batteries (like conquest) in attempt to destroy the enemy titan. The missiles, while controlled, will fire a missile every 60 seconds at the enemy base, bringing its shields/hull down.

Once an enemy base's shields are down, you can either maintain control of the missiles to win the match, or venture into the base to destroy it from the inside out.

There are 4 vehicles for each team (3 boats and a chopper) to use for your tactical advantage.

Anyway, the download link and pics are below, so download and enjoy!

Oh by the way, its still in alpha stage at the moment, so let me know if you have any questions or bugs.

Cheers

To do list:
    O Add sounds for capture that everyone can hear (ie "We have lost position Bravo" etc).
    O Add more cover to parts of the island.
    O Add better explosive effects no missile impact.
    O Fix Elites spawn problems.
    O Fix debugger messages on consoles
    O Fix activation messages on consoles to align with each other
    O Add some sounds to capture points to indicate point is being captured/contested etc instead of relying on text.
    O Add a how to play audio track to the map with point_clientcommand. When a player presses the button, the sound plays to them alone.
    O Add 1 more island on each side connecting team island to Control point B and C/A giving more options for moving through.
    X Look at maybe adding a land based vehicle to the map.
    O Add more cover to the islands/pathways to stop snipers. Maybe add smoke grenade spawns to the missile batteries that spawn 3 smoke nades every 60 seconds.
    O Add some banners in the map at spawn points.
    X Look at adding health triggers in the back of the chopper for players who are getting thrown around. Also look at adding back door to stop from falling out.
    X Add health to the chopper so it can be blown up.
    X Add special anti-chopper grenades (tie a trigger around it that does damage to a chopper) or add anti-air to main bases and base B so players can control it and shoot at chopper.
    O Look at changing the health on the func_breakable in core to 2000 instead of 1000.

Last edited by imthenewguy; 14-03-14 at 12:00 AM.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] SniperHero915     $ 0.00
    10/10 got erection

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Can't wait man

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Should be fun. Just need a server to test it on for multiplayer, and a respawn script made up for it.
    #Squall

rage Killer^

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Should be fun. Just need a server to test it on for multiplayer, and a respawn script made up for it.
    #Squall
    #Squall #Squalldoitplease

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Downloaded the Map and loaded it up:

1) spawned as CT and ran around for about 4 seconds; then game crashed (repeatedly)
    2) spawned as T and instantly game crashed (repeatedly)

that was the end of my testing.
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Downloaded the Map and loaded it up:

1) spawned as CT and ran around for about 4 seconds; then game crashed (repeatedly)
    2) spawned as T and instantly game crashed (repeatedly)

that was the end of my testing.
    Very odd...

Have been testing it for hours trying to find bugs etc and didn't have that problem :S

Andr0iid, did you have any crashing issues when you tested it?

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    im downloading it now... i'll let you know in a bit

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Very odd...

Have been testing it for hours trying to find bugs etc and didn't have that problem :S

Andr0iid, did you have any crashing issues when you tested it?
    I can glide around in spec for as long as i like, go wherever and its fine, as soon as i join a team and spawn it crashes.

The Real Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

it works fine for me... until i armed a bomb, then it crashed

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    it works fine for me... until i armed a bomb, then it crashed
    Alright - I will have a look at it and see what might be causing the crashes.

Is very odd that I don't crash :s

The Real Shadow

Total Donations For

Alright - I will have a look at it and see what might be causing the crashes.

Is very odd that I don't crash :s
    sometimes when you make the map yourself you dont crash but everyone else does

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    sometimes when you make the map yourself you dont crash but everyone else does
    That could mean its texture related or something to do with the file packer..

Ill upload another copy and get u to tell me if it crashes tonight.

Cheers guys.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    R4z0r57y13 is on a distinguished road R4z0r57y13's Avatar
    Total Donations For

R4z0r57y13     $ 0.00
    It worked fine for me but when I went to get dual elites it didn't work. Apart from that great map.

rage Killer^

Total Donations For

I tested it out for bugs myself a few days ago and it worked just fine for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Not gonna make a huge post on fixes, since it seems pretty solid. But two things to think about.

1) Choppers can fly into each other's base. Maybe try to fix that.
    2) Remove debug buttons. Maybe you planned this already though.

edit: Also maybe explosions where the missile blows up.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Like_a_Bauxe View Post
    Not gonna make a huge post on fixes, since it seems pretty solid. But two things to think about.

1) Choppers can fly into each other's base. Maybe try to fix that.
    2) Remove debug buttons. Maybe you planned this already though.

edit: Also maybe explosions where the missile blows up.
    Thanks for the ideas.

I thought about this but in the battlefield game, players could run into the oppositions base and steal their air if they weren't using it. Figured this could be a good idea. Was thinking of making the chopper destroyable though which would balance it out.

The debugger is there for my reference when testing, will be removed in beta release though.

Also, was it crashing for you when you tested it?

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Thanks for the ideas.

I thought about this but in the battlefield game, players could run into the oppositions base and steal their air if they weren't using it. Figured this could be a good idea. Was thinking of making the chopper destroyable though which would balance it out.

The debugger is there for my reference when testing, will be removed in beta release though.

Also, was it crashing for you when you tested it?
    Nope no crashes.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Like_a_Bauxe View Post
    Nope no crashes.
    Man that is bloody weird that 2 people crash and 2 people don't...

Any thoughts?

Total Donations For

Man that is bloody weird that 2 people crash and 2 people don't...

Any thoughts?
    Should probably ask them to post console logs, could help out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information