+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mg_mario_party

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

mg_mario_party

Hi all.

As the title says, we have been working on a new mini games map for the community to enjoy. Much like the jail break map we released, this is also a Mario Themed map with a lot of the old favorites from JB and some new ones.

We started the project with a short deadline in mind, as a lot of the content was already done from previous projects. We have adjusted a few of the old time favorites like Mario says, Platform peril, pirate climb and hexagon heat, but added some new ones like obstacle (themed - very cool), skipping, Hunger Games (themed) and Mario Kart battle mode.

We will commence testing of this map at 8pm on Wednesday night (provided the Mrs doesn't drag me off).
    I will pm people whom are interested with the map file to download prior to joining so keep an eye on the forums.

I will do a write up of each game.

The Entrance
    The entrance is a giant circular room with 16 question mark boxes in the middle. When players spawn, they must try and hit their heads on the boxes, attempting to find the correct box so they can choose the next game.

The boxes randomize each round so it will rarely be the same box that gets you in. If a player falls down or does not select a game, it will automatically select the game after 30 seconds from round start.

Mario Kart - battle mode
    This is one of the games that really got me excited about this project. There are a few Mario kart maps out there (racing), including a few from myself, but I have never seen the battle mode implemented before.

There are 20 cars in the map (mode is locked if more than 20 players are alive when spawned) with 4 of the classic characters - Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Wario. The battle map is block fort from the Nintendo 64 game.

There are diamonds scattered throughout the map and players must run through them to arm themselves with shoot able turtle shells. The game also follows the same balloon system (3 balloons = 3 lives). If you lose all of your balloons, you die.

Hunger Games
    This game mode usually turns a few heads (which is what we are going for) so we decided to add it.

Players start in a pipe in the middle of the map.The countdown begins and the players are elevated above the pipe when the game begins.
    There are 3 types of guns that spawn (randomised): deagle, dak dak and m3 shotty, as well as some knives. All guns only have clip ammo and no reloads.

When the game starts, players must find a gun on the map and kill each other to win.

Obstacle
    This was my first attempt at an obstacle course, and I think it went well. It is hard to find the balance in obstacle - make it too easy and players complain, make it too hard and player complain more.

We built this obstacle to replicate the elements in Mario. Easy - Summer, Snow - intermediate, Desert - hard, Castle - very hard. You obviously start in summer and progress your way through creative obstacles in a race to the finish. First one to the end wins the match.

Skipping
    This was the last minute mini game as most of the team dropped out of the project and I had to build something quickly. I am quite happy with how it turned out though.

There is a pillar in the middle with 2 propellers, 1 on each end. When the game starts, they will rotate around the pillar, moving up and down every 2 seconds. It gets incredibly challenging trying to predict the movement at high speeds.

This is the kind of game you will keep dying on, but it will be hilarious and make you want to come back for more.

Hexagon Heat
    I will do a write up for the old mini games as a lot of people havent played the JB map. Hexagon heat is a fun game involving multi colour platforms and a quick response time.

A colour is selected at random and displayed above the platform, and players must run to said colour as quickly as possible or they fall into the lava and die.
    The game gets increasingly faster as more colours are selected, and if any do manage to survive, knives will spawn and players can knife fight while trying to keep their balance.

Platform Peril
    Platform peril is the game you love to hate, and you hate to love. It is a race style game that proceeds up a series of platforms.

As the game progresses, the platforms will begin to fall making it challenging to those left behind. There are a series of obstacles obstructing your way on the way up so you need to be quick but smart at the same time.

Pirate Climb
    This is the same pirate climb from the secret minigame in the JB map. The only difference besides its automated start up, is the fact that 33% more boulders spawn now.

The objective of the game is to get to the top of the tower as quickly as possible while dodging the boulders. The first person to the top gets a cool mushroom hat to make them feel better - while everyone else dies.

Mario Says
    This is my personal favorite. The game is similar to that of Simone says. It is based off the mini game "Shy guy says" but there are no shy guy models available so I decided to make it Mario says.

Players move themselves onto platforms in the map. After the allocated delay time, the floor will break and players will be trapped on their platform. Mario will begin to hold up a series of flags with letters or nothing on them.
    Players must use their control buttons to do what Mario says. If you choose incorrectly, your platform descends into the water and you die.

The game requires quicker response times as it progresses.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, I like how the map turned out - especially since most of us have little experience in mini games. It is different to those simple obstacle maps and will offer many hours of fun competing against friends.

A very special thanks to Androiid for the snow obstacle level and to all those whom offered advise and helped me test the map.

Cheers.

Last edited by imthenewguy; 24-02-14 at 10:13 AM.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    That looks epic man. I hope you lengthened the time for platform peril to drop. Can't wait to give it a go.

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    WOW that looks sick as Good work again newy

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Looks awesome! I might be able to help test depending on what time.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Interested in testing next week to give feedback etc. ^^

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Looks tops mate ^_^

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

farm animal
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155

SeveralAlpacas is a glorious beacon of light SeveralAlpacas is a glorious beacon of light SeveralAlpacas is a glorious beacon of light SeveralAlpacas is a glorious beacon of light SeveralAlpacas is a glorious beacon of light SeveralAlpacas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] SeveralAlpacas     $ 10.00
    can't wait for thissssssssss good job new guy and team

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Ill keep you guys updated with the beta test night. Squally will be loading it on server and I will pm the download link to those invited.

Cheers.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Devilicious is a glorious beacon of light Devilicious is a glorious beacon of light Devilicious is a glorious beacon of light Devilicious is a glorious beacon of light Devilicious is a glorious beacon of light Devilicious's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Devilicious     $ 0.00
    Sarawr wants in!!!!!!! Let me me pick me, im number 3, pick number 3 my lord!

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Skipping is the most fun on the map. New guy and I spent quite a bit of time playing it when we were supposed to be testing the map out for bugs lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

DtK Donator
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Jeddlesteins will become famous soon enough Jeddlesteins's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Jeddlesteins     $ 10.00
    I really love the finish! Testing out the desert theme was very fun! Great stuff from y'all!

Jeddlesteins

My coke is duh best
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 428

SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SyKeD     $ 30.00
    Looks great new guy great work
    Click to Join Me On GunGame 10
    Also add me on League Of Legends ItzSyKeD and Battlelog

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Id love to help test this out! looks nice

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    such a professional. Looks outstanding man!

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Testing would be great ^_^
    Looks like a solid map, can't wait to try it!

AGENIRO
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] AgentZero     $ 25.00
    This looks EPIC. Great work.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

OP has been updated with a time for the testing event. Will be in touch with those who are interested with the map file and server details.

Cheers.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Hey all. Just a reminder that the map testing event is on tonight. I will be PMing the map download/server details to those who would like to participate in this event.

Hope to see you all tonight at 8pm (ADST).

Cheers.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Just some pre-test feedback. Will post more after the test.

Spawn Room

I like the RNG system to determine who picks the game type. It means everyone gets to choose instead of the same one or two people picking the game each time (which often ends in the same minigame over and over).
    Not sure if it was just an oversight, but I don't feel you should be able to fall through the open spaces. Maybe there should be glass to stand on (otherwise someone might get the pick then just fall straight down).
    The minigame pictures look a bit small. Maybe that is just because of the size of the room, but I think the size could be increased a bit.

(not much to really say about it)

Mario Says

Doesn't really seem to be much difficulty involved here. I didn't sit there for long, so maybe it gets faster. Maybe add more buttons as time goes on or something?
    There are only ~14 platforms. Won't really work for servers with high player slots.
    You can jump from platform-to-platform mid game.

Mario Kart

This looks like it could be a lot of fun with a lot of players.
    Maybe add a few extra items, just to spice it up a bit.
    Only 20 cars, again possibly a problem on larger servers.
    Add a cooldown to item blocks.
    GameUI is buggy, but nothing you can do about it, so hopefully its fine.

Obstacle Course

Doesn't seem to be any issues here. Maybe set sv_enablebunnyhopping 1 when this game type is chosen though.

Skipping

Seems to rely on crush damage. Maybe add a trigger_hurt, since sometimes it doesn't kill you. (and you can stand on top of it)

Hexagon Heat

Plays well, no real issues seen.

Platform Peril

Also plays well. Guess the minigames from the JB map are fine.

Pirate Climb

Again, fine.

Hunger Games

Displacements could be nicer, but I think I need to hold off on this one until tested.

Final Notes

Seems solid. I think a few more small details could be added to spice the map up a bit, and maybe something like a winner bonus (such as a skin) (at least to games where there can only be one winner).
    Make music volume changeable in the game-options. (I can help you with this)

Looking forward to the actual test, so I can give proper feedback.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bauxe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information