+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: mg_mario_party

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

mg_mario_party

Hi all.

As the title says, we have been working on a new mini games map for the community to enjoy. Much like the jail break map we released, this is also a Mario Themed map with a lot of the old favorites from JB and some new ones.

We started the project with a short deadline in mind, as a lot of the content was already done from previous projects. We have adjusted a few of the old time favorites like Mario says, Platform peril, pirate climb and hexagon heat, but added some new ones like obstacle (themed - very cool), skipping, Hunger Games (themed) and Mario Kart battle mode.

We will commence testing of this map at 8pm on Wednesday night (provided the Mrs doesn't drag me off).
    I will pm people whom are interested with the map file to download prior to joining so keep an eye on the forums.

I will do a write up of each game.

The Entrance
    The entrance is a giant circular room with 16 question mark boxes in the middle. When players spawn, they must try and hit their heads on the boxes, attempting to find the correct box so they can choose the next game.

The boxes randomize each round so it will rarely be the same box that gets you in. If a player falls down or does not select a game, it will automatically select the game after 30 seconds from round start.

Mario Kart - battle mode
    This is one of the games that really got me excited about this project. There are a few Mario kart maps out there (racing), including a few from myself, but I have never seen the battle mode implemented before.

There are 20 cars in the map (mode is locked if more than 20 players are alive when spawned) with 4 of the classic characters - Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Wario. The battle map is block fort from the Nintendo 64 game.

There are diamonds scattered throughout the map and players must run through them to arm themselves with shoot able turtle shells. The game also follows the same balloon system (3 balloons = 3 lives). If you lose all of your balloons, you die.

Hunger Games
    This game mode usually turns a few heads (which is what we are going for) so we decided to add it.

Players start in a pipe in the middle of the map.The countdown begins and the players are elevated above the pipe when the game begins.
    There are 3 types of guns that spawn (randomised): deagle, dak dak and m3 shotty, as well as some knives. All guns only have clip ammo and no reloads.

When the game starts, players must find a gun on the map and kill each other to win.

Obstacle
    This was my first attempt at an obstacle course, and I think it went well. It is hard to find the balance in obstacle - make it too easy and players complain, make it too hard and player complain more.

We built this obstacle to replicate the elements in Mario. Easy - Summer, Snow - intermediate, Desert - hard, Castle - very hard. You obviously start in summer and progress your way through creative obstacles in a race to the finish. First one to the end wins the match.

Skipping
    This was the last minute mini game as most of the team dropped out of the project and I had to build something quickly. I am quite happy with how it turned out though.

There is a pillar in the middle with 2 propellers, 1 on each end. When the game starts, they will rotate around the pillar, moving up and down every 2 seconds. It gets incredibly challenging trying to predict the movement at high speeds.

This is the kind of game you will keep dying on, but it will be hilarious and make you want to come back for more.

Hexagon Heat
    I will do a write up for the old mini games as a lot of people havent played the JB map. Hexagon heat is a fun game involving multi colour platforms and a quick response time.

A colour is selected at random and displayed above the platform, and players must run to said colour as quickly as possible or they fall into the lava and die.
    The game gets increasingly faster as more colours are selected, and if any do manage to survive, knives will spawn and players can knife fight while trying to keep their balance.

Platform Peril
    Platform peril is the game you love to hate, and you hate to love. It is a race style game that proceeds up a series of platforms.

As the game progresses, the platforms will begin to fall making it challenging to those left behind. There are a series of obstacles obstructing your way on the way up so you need to be quick but smart at the same time.

Pirate Climb
    This is the same pirate climb from the secret minigame in the JB map. The only difference besides its automated start up, is the fact that 33% more boulders spawn now.

The objective of the game is to get to the top of the tower as quickly as possible while dodging the boulders. The first person to the top gets a cool mushroom hat to make them feel better - while everyone else dies.

Mario Says
    This is my personal favorite. The game is similar to that of Simone says. It is based off the mini game "Shy guy says" but there are no shy guy models available so I decided to make it Mario says.

Players move themselves onto platforms in the map. After the allocated delay time, the floor will break and players will be trapped on their platform. Mario will begin to hold up a series of flags with letters or nothing on them.
    Players must use their control buttons to do what Mario says. If you choose incorrectly, your platform descends into the water and you die.

The game requires quicker response times as it progresses.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, I like how the map turned out - especially since most of us have little experience in mini games. It is different to those simple obstacle maps and will offer many hours of fun competing against friends.

A very special thanks to Androiid for the snow obstacle level and to all those whom offered advise and helped me test the map.

Cheers.

Last edited by imthenewguy; 24-02-14 at 10:13 AM.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

OK locked version has been sent over to Squally, so we should get it on the server shortly

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    In all honesty I preferred it without the glass at the top of the spawn.
    If your fall down then your an idiot for not following the VISIBLE path and it also made things a bit more interesting because a random game gets chosen by the map.
    I liked the fact that it was out of the players hands when they fell down lol

:%)
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Kavemium     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0iid View Post
    In all honesty I preferred it without the glass at the top of the spawn.
    If your fall down then your an idiot for not following the VISIBLE path and it also made things a bit more interesting because a random game gets chosen by the map.
    I liked the fact that it was out of the players hands when they fell down lol
    I suppose you're right, but then again, if someone is running when they are chosen they can easily fall down without being stupid.

(◕:%)◕✿).com.au

*Note: :%) is a copyrighted meme, please do not steal it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kavemium For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavemium View Post
    I suppose you're right, but then again, if someone is running when they are chosen they can easily fall down without being stupid.
    And this happened a few times while we were doing the first test lol.
    People running and jumping around the blocks and suddenly one is teleported, you're still doing your action when you get there.
    Doesn't make you an idiot.

Maybe you could have a happy medium and have two bits of glass. Diagonally or something.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 02-03-14 at 11:04 AM. Reason: lol spelling error

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

It's all glasses guys. Dw

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Map is officially released.

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/180273

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Hey guys I have added a big update to the map. Worth checking out
    Hint: chain chomp

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=369797639

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information