+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mg_mario_party

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

mg_mario_party

Hi all.

As the title says, we have been working on a new mini games map for the community to enjoy. Much like the jail break map we released, this is also a Mario Themed map with a lot of the old favorites from JB and some new ones.

We started the project with a short deadline in mind, as a lot of the content was already done from previous projects. We have adjusted a few of the old time favorites like Mario says, Platform peril, pirate climb and hexagon heat, but added some new ones like obstacle (themed - very cool), skipping, Hunger Games (themed) and Mario Kart battle mode.

We will commence testing of this map at 8pm on Wednesday night (provided the Mrs doesn't drag me off).
    I will pm people whom are interested with the map file to download prior to joining so keep an eye on the forums.

I will do a write up of each game.

The Entrance
    The entrance is a giant circular room with 16 question mark boxes in the middle. When players spawn, they must try and hit their heads on the boxes, attempting to find the correct box so they can choose the next game.

The boxes randomize each round so it will rarely be the same box that gets you in. If a player falls down or does not select a game, it will automatically select the game after 30 seconds from round start.

Mario Kart - battle mode
    This is one of the games that really got me excited about this project. There are a few Mario kart maps out there (racing), including a few from myself, but I have never seen the battle mode implemented before.

There are 20 cars in the map (mode is locked if more than 20 players are alive when spawned) with 4 of the classic characters - Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Wario. The battle map is block fort from the Nintendo 64 game.

There are diamonds scattered throughout the map and players must run through them to arm themselves with shoot able turtle shells. The game also follows the same balloon system (3 balloons = 3 lives). If you lose all of your balloons, you die.

Hunger Games
    This game mode usually turns a few heads (which is what we are going for) so we decided to add it.

Players start in a pipe in the middle of the map.The countdown begins and the players are elevated above the pipe when the game begins.
    There are 3 types of guns that spawn (randomised): deagle, dak dak and m3 shotty, as well as some knives. All guns only have clip ammo and no reloads.

When the game starts, players must find a gun on the map and kill each other to win.

Obstacle
    This was my first attempt at an obstacle course, and I think it went well. It is hard to find the balance in obstacle - make it too easy and players complain, make it too hard and player complain more.

We built this obstacle to replicate the elements in Mario. Easy - Summer, Snow - intermediate, Desert - hard, Castle - very hard. You obviously start in summer and progress your way through creative obstacles in a race to the finish. First one to the end wins the match.

Skipping
    This was the last minute mini game as most of the team dropped out of the project and I had to build something quickly. I am quite happy with how it turned out though.

There is a pillar in the middle with 2 propellers, 1 on each end. When the game starts, they will rotate around the pillar, moving up and down every 2 seconds. It gets incredibly challenging trying to predict the movement at high speeds.

This is the kind of game you will keep dying on, but it will be hilarious and make you want to come back for more.

Hexagon Heat
    I will do a write up for the old mini games as a lot of people havent played the JB map. Hexagon heat is a fun game involving multi colour platforms and a quick response time.

A colour is selected at random and displayed above the platform, and players must run to said colour as quickly as possible or they fall into the lava and die.
    The game gets increasingly faster as more colours are selected, and if any do manage to survive, knives will spawn and players can knife fight while trying to keep their balance.

Platform Peril
    Platform peril is the game you love to hate, and you hate to love. It is a race style game that proceeds up a series of platforms.

As the game progresses, the platforms will begin to fall making it challenging to those left behind. There are a series of obstacles obstructing your way on the way up so you need to be quick but smart at the same time.

Pirate Climb
    This is the same pirate climb from the secret minigame in the JB map. The only difference besides its automated start up, is the fact that 33% more boulders spawn now.

The objective of the game is to get to the top of the tower as quickly as possible while dodging the boulders. The first person to the top gets a cool mushroom hat to make them feel better - while everyone else dies.

Mario Says
    This is my personal favorite. The game is similar to that of Simone says. It is based off the mini game "Shy guy says" but there are no shy guy models available so I decided to make it Mario says.

Players move themselves onto platforms in the map. After the allocated delay time, the floor will break and players will be trapped on their platform. Mario will begin to hold up a series of flags with letters or nothing on them.
    Players must use their control buttons to do what Mario says. If you choose incorrectly, your platform descends into the water and you die.

The game requires quicker response times as it progresses.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, I like how the map turned out - especially since most of us have little experience in mini games. It is different to those simple obstacle maps and will offer many hours of fun competing against friends.

A very special thanks to Androiid for the snow obstacle level and to all those whom offered advise and helped me test the map.

Cheers.

Last edited by imthenewguy; 24-02-14 at 10:13 AM.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Thanks for the feed back.

The Mario says response times get faster and faster until you only have 0.6 of a second to respond. I should add a few more platforms though and walls to stop jumping.

The fail safe to the player potentially falling off is a random game is automatically chosen after 30 seconds if no1 selects one.
    The pictures are there as a temporary thing - Had to get a few quick pics while I was building the map to label it. much nicer ones will be done on final release.

The Mario Kart takes up 30% of the resources of the map with only 20 karts. Didn't want to add any more in fear of overloading (sitting at 180% of entities used and approaching hard limit). I have a trigger_multiple in the middle that counts the amount of players that spawn and disables the game from being used if more than 20 players are counted. The balloons are going to be transparent so you can see through them while driving and the roof in the spawn area of the karts will be removed to give a more natural lighting over the karts - as func_moveliners show the light reflected on them where they spawn.

The skipping gets quite fast so you aren't able to sit on the block for long.

:%)
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Kavemium     $ 0.00
    Suggestion #1:

GLASS, NEWGUY.
    JESUS!!!

(◕:%)◕✿).com.au

*Note: :%) is a copyrighted meme, please do not steal it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kavemium For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    omfg.

GLASS NEWGUY.

For the sake of all HUMANITY

xD

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    The spawn needs glass so as to not fall down.

The big rock on hunger games can be walked into and shot out of.

The timing of hexagon heat needs to slow down or stop when knife comes out, otherwise no one will win like 90% of the time.

I didn't get to play platform peril but if it's the same as JB, the timer needs to increase a little before they drop.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The timing of hexagon heat needs to slow down or stop when knife comes out, otherwise no one will win like 90% of the time.
    No way mang.
    That's what makes it super intense and fun.
    Slow it down and it gets too easy and boring.

Banned

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Slow it down when knife comes out. Not before hand. Wouldnt change a thing other than all players dying.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

Slow it down when knife comes out. Not before hand. Wouldnt change a thing other than all players dying.
    But that's' the point lol. Its super quick plus the added bonus of knives, so you gotta kill your enemy PLUS keep yourself alive.
    I reckon it's awesome fun.
    Also, not everybody dies each time. We've played another couple of times and there's been winners each time. So yah.

Other games:

Hunger Games - I like this heaps, hooray for shooting ^_^ However yeah that glitchy rock as Goose mentioned, unsure if you know its like that or not.

Mario Says - Works great just like on JB

Platform Peril - still awesome. I have no issues apart from I always fail at it.

The one with the cannon balls falling [#iforgetthename] - SO MANY MORE CANNON BALLS :O
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 26-02-14 at 08:57 PM.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

Just to reiterate -

♥♥♥♥ yeah Hunger Games.

Testing it that with you guys [Newgai, Bauxethecheater, Ainslie, Sarawrah, Caekk] was heaps fun.

Awesome effort on the map to all involved.

Wouldbang10/10

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    The spawn needs glass so as to not fall down.
    We thought about that, then thought if your dumb enough to fall down then tough luck lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    The map is so much fuN!!! I really love the obstacle course (except I suck at it) and hunger games is pretty awesome!
    I'd love to to see
    1. Glass on the top of spawn area
    2. The rock clipping glitch fixed in hunger games
    3. More variety of guns in hunger games
    4. Maybe instead of a trigger_kill at the start of obstacle (first two parts) just make it a teleport?
    5. Little less balls in pirate climb, but that's my personal opinion
    6. Not sure if the mario says without any player clips around the booths are intentional
    The map was really fun with everyone playing. Can't wait for this to be published!

P.S. Banner I made:

Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to firtvid20 For This Useful Post:

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    That conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    Wouldbang10/10

17. The Following User Says Thank You to firtvid20 For This Useful Post:

Nitrous Oxide Pro ♥♥♥♥♥
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126

NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro has a reputation beyond repute NosPro's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] NosPro     $ 5.00
    [Spawn hit boxes] - instead of just teleporting the player, it could make a mushroom pop up on top of it (playing the mario hitbox sound), it can drop off the box and move around randomly fast, and then the player that can get that mushroom gets teleported.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NosPro For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Lmao tonight was epic guys.

Thanks to all whom came and I appreciate the feed back given. I will do some revision to the map over the next week and we should be able to release it exclusively onto the mini games server by next week.

Will give it to MG server for 4 weeks exclusively so use it wisely

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by NosPro View Post
    [Spawn hit boxes] - instead of just teleporting the player, it could make a mushroom pop up on top of it (playing the mario hitbox sound), it can drop off the box and move around randomly fast, and then the player that can get that mushroom gets teleported.
    What method could we use to make it move around?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Could probably use thrusters or something.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Sorreh I missed, I was at work :l
    Should have told us a few days before New Guy :3

Banned

Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Holy shit! Nospro posted.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Thrusters is probably the best way or maybe moveliner?

Dammit so wish this was released for a test play on the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    Sorreh I missed, I was at work :l
    Should have told us a few days before New Guy :3
    I notified everyone whom checked the thread on Monday morning.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

ok guys I have spent the last 3 hours adding/fixing/changing stuff on the map and I am very pleased with the result.

Notable changes:

Entrance
    Changed the way the entrance works for the mini game. Instead of simply hitting the correct block and getting teleported to the top to select the mini game, a mushroom will spawn out of the box and start running away. First person to catch the mushroom (pressing E on it) will be teleported up.

Added glass to the top to stop players from falling down when teleported up.

Complete change log:
    • Added 'Glass' to the spawn area on top to stop falling.
    • Added invisible metal to clip the rock in HG. Stops bullet penetration and people from going into it.
    • Changed the fall down trigger to the next platform in platform peril so when a player dies on a platform, it doesnt drop - only when they jump to a new one does it trigger to the drop.
    • Flattened/smoothed the displacement in hunger games as much as I could.
    • Added extra Mario says platforms and instructers - total count is 28
    • Blocked players from jumping platform to platform in mario says
    • Fixed the Luigi mario karts from not killing the player when they break.
    • Added a super cool entrance method using a mushroom that runs around the room when the correct box is selected.
    • Removed the roof in mario kart so the karts and balloons are coloured correctly.
    • Added a 3 second reset timer for the diamonds in mario kart.
    • Added m4a1 as a 4th potential weapon spawn in hunger games
    • fixed portrait pictures
    • Added ainlies banner
    • Changed the balloons on mario kart to semi-transparent
    • Changed the damage given on afk killer in obstacle
    • Fixed a glitch where players could sit on the lip of hexagon heat and survive.
    • Changed the auto select to 40 seconds from spawn up from 30.
    • Fixed a bug where players would be stuck on a mario kart when they won.
    • Added some additional fail safes to stop players from screwing up the round in mario kart
    • Changed Mario kart to last man standing.
    • Changed the AFK killer in obstacle to half the platform to allow for respawns.
    • Changed the colour of the lasers to make them more visible.
    • Playerclipped the cannon in platform peril to stop players from jumping on it.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 05-03-14 at 12:54 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information