+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Design Competition Event!

Too busy travelling the world.
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%

Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Satalin     $ 273.71

Graphics Design Competition Event!

Hello DtK, Champz here bringing you another forum event.
    Dying to Kill Graphic Design event!

Credit to Kingbunnypeople and Dudmanwalking for the idea. Thank You guys.

Whether you have a lot of experience or not, we encourage everyone to participate.

How this event will work is, 3 rounds, best spray and signature is selected. Then when all rounds are selected the best from Spray and best from Signatures will win major prizes. I also have a separate prize for Most Improved, where if you only just learnt from this event and you got pretty high in your score you win. There will be a poll at the end of every week to decide who wins. The community chooses the winner every week, as well as the major winners. Also at the end of the event, it is optional for the creator to give there spray/sigs out or keep it for themselves.

1st round: Creator Choice! Your free to use what ever.

2nd Round: A certain theme (eg. Anime, Sports, Games etc)

3rd Round: Using a certain image available.

For every week finish the No.1 voted for Signature's and Spray will win a prize. When we get all Sprays, Signatures together for one last vote by the community, they will win the major prize. (i.e Battlefiled 4, Assasins Creed etc.) Also there is a major prize for most improved, these go to people who are only just learning for the event.

Oh no I don't have photoshop that's ok, you can get it for free (and legally) here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...=cs2_downloads

Alterantively you can also use (and it's free) Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

To sign up for this event, all you need to do is leave your forum name in this thread, with experience wise you've had to making sprays/signatures. Remember we welcome anyone from very experienced to beginners.

The first round will start Saturday 15th February, so that way everyone knows about the event. Also each round will take 1 week.

Links that will help you with your making of Sprays/Signatures.

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...Tutorials-List

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...-Logo-Template

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...e-Help-With-PS

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthread.php/10330-Fonts

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...With-Rendering

You can find more tutorials here >>> http://www.dying2kill.com.au/forumdi...-GFX-Tutorials <<<

HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by loubot69; 31-08-14 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added Tutorial Links.

"I don't know. When I came to I was abandoned in this world. An unknown sky. Not knowing where or how to get back. Not even dreaming of hope. - Merry Nightmare "
    "Do you want to know where the real hell is hiding? It’s inside your head. - Chrona"

"A sound soul…resides within a sound mind, and a sound body. - Maka Albarn"
    "The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get. - Aisaka Taiga"

SS | DaChampzLegend: im gonna start shit on regs thread
    SS | DaChampzLegend: try and stop me
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: DONT ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: ILL HAVE YOUR ASS OUT ON THE STREET
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: LITTLE ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: IM FLEXIN MY TINY MUSCLES
    SS | DaChampzLegend: do u even know how to ping?
    | Frendy | DtK |: yes
    | Frendy | DtK |: use cmd prompt :O
    | Frendy | DtK |: i remember
    SS | DaChampzLegend: but do u know how to ping a server
    | Frendy | DtK |: finch taught me how
    SS | DaChampzLegend: ping 192.168.0.1
    | Frendy | DtK |: insted of the web address dont you just put in the ip?
    | Frendy | DtK |: No
    SS | DaChampzLegend: obvious ip is obvious
    | Frendy | DtK |: thats my local ip
    | Frendy | DtK |: im not f.u.c.kin retarded!
    SS | DaChampzLegend: thats ur ip, so u'll be pinging urself

Ahri <3

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Unidentified View Post
    Nice! Hence one last question for Sigs/Sprays... what are the size (pixels) for it? are we following the standard Sig/Spray size or are we breaking that convention?
    \(^_^)/
    consider u wanna use it for yourself/give away, then I'd go for standard dimensions. but ima just do some crazy shit dimensions like 2500 by 1900

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Nice! Hence one last question for Sigs/Sprays... what are the size (pixels) for it? are we following the standard Sig/Spray size or are we breaking that convention?
    \(^_^)/
    Hmm.. good question, surprised I didn't think of that, we'll make it that signatures have to be the size DtK allows, which is Maximum height: 150 pixels Maximum width: 700 pixel.
    This doesn't have to be exact size of your signature, this is the maximum size allowed.

When I do the thread for both signatures and sprays, all the rules will be explained then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Might submit a signature that MDNK made for me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Might submit a signature that MDNK made for me
    It has to be sprays YOU made. You also can't use spray from your previous work, has to be new.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    Rawmower
    Aka RawrMower

Umm I did my cert 3 in visual media and I can draw a mean smiley face :P

Rustlin' Jimmies since 93'
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Stormynitez     $ 0.00
    COMPETITION HYPE!!!!

Superman Swag
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 665
    regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] regs123     $ 0.00
    Unidentified to take home the cup

Squallkins - SLEEP is now playing Counter Strike Source
    regs: Did Anna teach you how to play counter strike while sleeping?
    Squallkins - SLEEP: F**k off, don't talk shit about Anna m8.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to regs123 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Thanks to Squall and Gyarados for making the new GFX sub section for tutorials, here is the link to find more tutorials.

Here >>> http://www.dying2kill.com.au/forumdi...-GFX-Tutorials <<<

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 37.0%

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    so i assume we just post here with what we did?

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by MDnK View Post
    so i assume we just post here with what we did?
    No next week, I'll be posting the first round thread for both signatures and sprays, you guys will have 1 week to do them, seeing as the first round is Creator's choice, you can get a head start by starting now. When it comes to submission you can post it on the thread of the round or give it to me to post in the OP. (Although I'm undecided, I might make a thread just for the images, but we'll see when we get closer to the start.)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71

Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo is a name known to all Chocolo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Chocolo     $ 10.00
    Chocolo

Experience: A bit on Signatures and Picture Displays but not none with Sprays

DTK Meth Lab Owner
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658

Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jetpackin     $ 51.38
    Jetpackin, professional MS paint artist. can draw a fast car

Jetpackin': wtf weirdo
    Illumifarti: thats wot the doctor said wen u were born
    Illumifarti: OOO
    Jetpackin': hahahaha
    Jetpackin': the doctor put u on the registered pedophiles list as soon as he saw ur face

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jetpackin For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Voting seems to be a little obscure to me, a little bit of a popularity contest :3

Also, could be in a tier system? So like people with a lot of experience won't be voted over a person who just started etc. so that everybody has a chance to win.c:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    Also, could be in a tier system? So like people with a lot of experience won't be voted over a person who just started etc. so that everybody has a chance to win.c:
    Not a half bad idea, but then how do you class someones skill to put them into a tier

Im in for the contest , i've had abit of experience with making forum DP's, steam DP's, and sig's, i dont do sprays doe.

.:Australian Born Chinese:.
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Unidentified     $ 0.00
    To make an effective voting in this comp. would highly be submitting the 'sig' through Email/inbox (for example - hidden submission), hence then "DaChampzLegend" (for example) makes a forum with a list of all the submitted Sigs. When the voting is up and time to reveal the winning, he can reveal the designer of the sigs next to the Sig.

Yes, this may take effort and time but this solves the problem, rather than having to plan a tier list as another suggested...
    .:Unidentified.dtk:.
    ------------------------------END------------------------------

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Unidentified For This Useful Post:

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    To make an effective voting in this comp. would highly be submitting the 'sig' through Email/inbox (for example - hidden submission), hence then "DaChampzLegend" (for example) makes a forum with a list of all the submitted Sigs. When the voting is up and time to reveal the winning, he can reveal the designer of the sigs next to the Sig.

Yes, this may take effort and time but this solves the problem, rather than having to plan a tier list as another suggested...
    I think that's a good idea. Also the votes could be hidden to so people don't jump on the popular vote bandwagon.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to firtvid20 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Alright, what I'll do is ask for everyone to submit their sprays & signatures to me and I'll put them up, also don't put your name on the spray, just use Squig cause why not. The poll will not be seen by the community only by me.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

.:Australian Born Chinese:.
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Unidentified     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChampzLegend View Post
    Alright, what I'll do is ask for everyone to submit their sprays & signatures to me and I'll put them up, also don't put your name on the spray, just use Squig cause why not. The poll will not be seen by the community only by me.
    Nice! cheers with following the method i recommended!

But can we see the score/voting somehow and somewhat when the results are revealed? :L

Total Donations For

Nice! cheers with following the method i recommended!

But can we see the score/voting somehow and somewhat when the results are revealed? :L
    I'll reveal results at the end of each week.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Last edited by Satalin; 14-02-14 at 05:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information