Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Window

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%
    zone will become famous soon enough zone will become famous soon enough zone's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] zone     $ 0.00

Window

Well the window thread closed before I got a chance to post so here is my 2 cents.

I really like the idea! Especially when the box was visible so that you could see that it was there and a no go zone.

that door on the T side is a real choke point giving campers plenty of opportunity and arguably a real advantage especially when there is more than one camper.

So nice one to the team for that!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zone For This Useful Post:

R.I.P RuSty
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275

Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Slothz     $ 29.00
    mate i strongly disagree with the idea we are putting too many restrictions in office which is talking a lot of fun out of the game

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Why not put in an invisible ladder along the window sill to throw out the aim?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    I have played quite a few rounds with the new window restriction and I think it is a terrible idea.

I agree with Rusty, why are we not allowing players to teach themselves how to improve and instead completely change the gameplay of office?

This window block takes the fun out of playing as Ts. You no longer need to second guess which way the CTs are coming up as the side corridor/stairs are the only effective way for the CTs to push forward.

In regards to the comments 'not everyone has your skill level Rusty to overcome window campers'. Well fair enough, but if the underskilled player really cant go through the main way, there is always the option of walking around the back way. Is it really that hard??!!

I understand this is only a trial. If the window camping is really an issue to the admins, my feedback would be to change the colour of the window frame to white to the heads of the camping CT's stands out more. Apart from that, I do not feel this window block is necessary.

I do not believe this new addition/restriction in any way improves or enhances the enjoyment of the gameplay on your server.

It has not for me anyway and I play on Ts more often than CTs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    I've been told the window can't be modded to be 'divided up' (i.e. one half normal, the other half translucent but unbreakable), which is a real shame as I think that would have solved some of the criticisms posted thus far. Nevertheless I think the experiment so far is a good one, even though it was bound to please some and annoy others (Cuffeh did stress this was an experiment, which does require assessing the effects in real gameplay rather than a test situation).

But Bruce did raise a significant point: a space where players cannot shoot others (but can be shot themselves) is problematic. I would agree that no player at any time on a DM server should be barred from the ability to fire their weapon (especially when being fired upon).

Perhaps the answer is to create an outright wall (like any other wall) on the half-window in question, but leave the remaining half a normal window (and thus an access point). Is that possible programming-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by xoRZisT View Post
    This window block takes the fun out of playing as Ts. You no longer need to second guess which way the CTs are coming up as the side corridor/stairs are the only effective way for the CTs to push forward.
    My suggestion above (of a half wall) would address that issue, perhaps?

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    The window does heavily control the gameplay at times.
    Personally I much prefer to divert some traffic to side hall. Just my opinion but I think it's better suited for all skill levels and can be attacked and defended a lot more aggressively. I think it's also better suited for all skill levels.
    But office is office, and the best way to deny a window camper is to camp spawn and deny them the opportunity.
    I do like office the way it is, but I would support a minor change to enhance and balance gameplay.

I do like making heads stand out a bit more, perhaps raise the ledge so the cts are more exposed?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 287
    zone will become famous soon enough zone will become famous soon enough zone's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] zone     $ 0.00
    Well thanks for the feedback guys.

I have played quite a few rounds with the window box as well and I have to say I like it. I dont believe that it takes away skills from the game at all. One of the reasons I like office so much is that it is one of the best maps for close combat and the window block actually enhances that. So I think it has improved the map and the game play and for me it's all about game play. Its gotta be fun!

Maybe it is a bit early to call it but so far I'm a fan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zone For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    Well, after more playing of the map, my suggestion is to keep 'the cone of silence' experiment going - but make it that players can't shoot OR take damage when they are within it.

Controversial perhaps, and it would alter gameplay, but it would address the issue (if we really can't make that single pane of glass unbreakable...)

Casual Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Evol has a spectacular aura about Evol has a spectacular aura about Evol has a spectacular aura about Evol's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Evol     $ 0.00
    this experimenting change, really feel like you should just make the map Office_Rescue...that what it feels like to me....the one map that everyone hated

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Evol For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    What's wrong with prefiring and prenading?
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    I dont mind the block. I personally hate window campers when im playing T's, but i have window camped as a ct often enough. I dont do it every round. I usually grab a few kills then move on.
    But it seems unnecessary. Can't T's just play smarter? If you run out towards the window and get smashed, run the other way. If every T did this, the window campers can stay there till the end of the map without getting another kill, or they are forced to change their position. Once they do this, then T's have to change again.
    Its a fluid environment, and those with the ability to adapt and change generally get the best scores. Camping is just another tactic used in CS. In the real world its called an Ambush, and i challenge any1 to find an army that has never used an ambush tactic.
    As stated i hate them, but you just start getting good at killing them or avoiding them. Easy. Thats my 2 cents worth. Well actually its probably about 2 dollars worth, but anyway.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    invisigoth will become famous soon enough invisigoth will become famous soon enough invisigoth's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] invisigoth     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by xoRZisT View Post
    I have played quite a few rounds with the new window restriction and I think it is a terrible idea.

I agree with Rusty, why are we not allowing players to teach themselves how to improve and instead completely change the gameplay of office?
    I disagree with Rusty, and I think his rationale is a load of balls. A half dozen guys in an entrenched position mowing down freshly spawned Ts funneled through a doorway isnt "skillz", nowhere near it. If you managed to pull that off in a proper Counter-Strike round, I'd say good on you, but this is team-♥♥♥♥ing-deathmatch -- you're grinding for kills in the cheapest way possible and you know it. Its as cheap a dick move as they come, and this adjustment to the map was long overdue.

Keep the box.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pythoness     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutenoobles View Post
    Well, after more playing of the map, my suggestion is to keep 'the cone of silence' experiment going - but make it that players can't shoot OR take damage when they are within it.
    I really like this idea! My thoughts when it comes to changing things on office is to try to add to the server as opposed to taking away from it. Whilst the window-box as current does take away that particular (albeit small) camping area, I think adding a little 'no damage' area would be awesome. It would of course have to be trialed as well, but i could really see it being a good bit of fun. Somewhere people could muck around (a bit like the projector room an age ago) with people from both teams.

I think if this were to happen, maybe a time bomb if you're in there too long (say 30 secs), so we never end up with a stale-mate if the server pop is low? (Ty KO).

Hey, it might not work, but I really think office has spent way too long without any changes, and has become a little stale. Not all change is good, but neither is it all bad.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythoness For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythoness View Post
    I really like this idea! My thoughts when it comes to changing things on office is to try to add to the server as opposed to taking away from it. Whilst the window-box as current does take away that particular (albeit small) camping area, I think adding a little 'no damage' area would be awesome. It would of course have to be trialed as well, but i could really see it being a good bit of fun. Somewhere people could muck around (a bit like the projector room an age ago) with people from both teams.

I think if this were to happen, maybe a time bomb if you're in there too long (say 30 secs), so we never end up with a stale-mate if the server pop is low? (Ty KO).

Hey, it might not work, but I really think office has spent way too long without any changes, and has become a little stale. Not all change is good, but neither is it all bad.
    Just gonna put it out there, i haven't been on office since the new trials, but i think that is a good idea with a few problems, i.e. people stepping in and out of the 'damage free' zone shooting people and returning to not getting hurt.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Mmmm wouldn't the simplest solution be to add an extra second to spawn protection? Keeps the gameplay the same but would nullify the advantage of window camping that spot.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Just gonna put it out there, i haven't been on office since the new trials, but i think that is a good idea with a few problems, i.e. people stepping in and out of the 'damage free' zone shooting people and returning to not getting hurt.
    Yeah a few notes/ideas have already been made re: this thought. A certain amount of time, or if they slack off in there a small punishment or something, maybe even changing the box to a wall if possible was brought up I think in here, but yeah. That's a good thought Shadow, every change that's made is hopefully just that bit further to getting something solid

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

R.I.P RuSty
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275

Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Slothz     $ 29.00
    cant we just end this with a office player only vote

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Just a thought, but if everyone hates camping so much maybe introduce something like 50% damage reduction or loss of hp per tick if you fail to move more than 10 metres in a certain amount of time? this would prevent any type of camping rather than just that 1 specific area?
    e.g window camping. if you just move from 1 edge of the window to the other and back it wont fix u. you actually have to vacate that area entirely or something like that? just another idea, not sure if possible and maybe ppl will think its stupid, but the window isnt the only camping spot.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Just a thought, but if everyone hates camping so much maybe introduce something like 50% damage reduction or loss of hp per tick if you fail to move more than 10 metres in a certain amount of time? this would prevent any type of camping rather than just that 1 specific area?
    e.g window camping. if you just move from 1 edge of the window to the other and back it wont fix u. you actually have to vacate that area entirely or something like that? just another idea, not sure if possible and maybe ppl will think its stupid, but the window isnt the only camping spot.

The admins are not trying to rule out camping on the entire map. This is just one test spot they are attempting to work on currently, we aren't going to move to all other camp spots after this test is complete. They know the window isn't the only camping spot but its just been something that has been complained about, brought up, discussed time after time after time, so the decision was made to see if something could alter it at all, hence the testing stage xD

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    If the spawn protection was increased by a little, I think it would negate any spawn camping from the cts. It would give the t's slightly extra time to either move away from the area or pop the campers in the face

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

Closed Thread

Thread Information