+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The development team's next project?

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

The development team's next project?

Hi all.

As you may already know, our jail break map project is finished.

I would like to approach everyone in the community to throw some suggestions our way for a new project.

The map request must be something we can use on one of OUR servers, and not the rotation server.
    Details of the idea are appreciated, like themes, size, games, extra detail etc.

All suggestions will be discussed by the dev team and credits will be given on the final release if the idea is used.

Cheers.

The Stalling King
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Deathraver     $ 0.00
    I could also give in feedback and testing if you are willing to do a zombie map (not experienced with SourceSDK so I cant help you there lol), though SOME opinions may be a bit biased of me.

If you have questions about mapping ZE maps, I would say, get some advice from Luffaren or Kaemon, they help out fellow ZE mappers in their blogs. Link: rafuron.wordpress.com

Other than that, just a piece of opinion of me, if you choosing this route, I suggest to not add altogether of item props, bosses and levels. It's really getting annoying and unoriginal hence "Mako copy". Recent mappers took this turn, after Mako Reactor's and Predator's popularity of the approach.

If you are thinking to add these features, I suggest max of only 2 of the 3. As for me, I would say, Levels and items (for both sides), kinda similar to Minas Tirith, where there is no bosses, but the leveling concept different. However that is probably a bit too advance and would take some time learning.

Though, you can also do the old school escape approach, maps such as Titanic and Rooftop are great examples.
    Last edited by Deathraver; 02-12-13 at 07:08 PM.

Kuro Tsubaki : miku is waifu
    BloodyCriminal : miku is mai waifu

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathraver For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Having never played zombie escape - except the classic one where you just run the ♥♥♥♥ away - that sounded confusing lolz.

The Stalling King
    Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver has a reputation beyond repute Deathraver's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Having never played zombie escape - except the classic one where you just run the ♥♥♥♥ away - that sounded confusing lolz.
    Lol, should start playing to gather info material xD

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Deathraver View Post
    Lol, should start playing to gather info material xD
    Lol yeah was gna do that, but we need to decide what map we are going to make before we start doing that.

Will discuss it with the team and see which one they are keen for - I sure as hell don't want to do another solo project >.>

If we were going to do a ze map, I would probably make it Super Mario themed as I have a nice bowser skins I can use for the boss etc.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 02-12-13 at 02:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

The Stalling King
    Total Donations For

There was a Mario themed map, its not on our server, but its quite old. It doesn't follow the recent trends of bosses and such.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

That's usually the case with most games in CSS lol.

Should probably wrangle TC in for a few games I reckon.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Lol I just won mapper of the month November 2013 on Game Banana.

Yay

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Lol I just won mapper of the month November 2013 on Game Banana.

Yay
    good on ya newy.

now back to serious buisness, PLEASE add a reset button for soccer onto jb_vipinthemix_v1

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by CodyD_ View Post
    good on ya newy.

now back to serious buisness, PLEASE add a reset button for soccer onto jb_vipinthemix_v1
    Thats a major ♥♥♥♥ around to add 1 button lol.

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    I think I could do that and improve the map a bit, fix bhop etc

Development Team
    Total Donations For

And remove the obscene amount of rebelling options

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information