Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

Post DtK Servers going Server AD-Free for August

Dear DtK Community,

Council is pleased to announce that for the duration of this new month - August, all DtK Servers will be completely Server AD-Free i.e no more MOTD AD's when players join any DtK Server.

This is a major change in how DtK operates and this change was made possible largely due to the overwhelming support we received last month from donators. A record breaking amount of ~$1200 was received in donations.

As a result we are now trialing a new system where if Donation goals are met each month, the following month all DtK Servers run without any server ad's present.

If the donation goals are not met, We will have to re implement server ad's to help cover costs. This time around we will be trailing a new server ad system that isn't as intrusive as the current system. We do not like server ads, YOU do not like server ads but if there has to be a decision made between running servers with ad's OR not having any servers at all (in the process players losing ranks,etc), I am sure which option you would rather have us pick.

For those wondering why a similar system wasn't adopted earlier, the answer is simple - inconsistency. Donations have never been consistent, there has been very few months where we have actually managed to reach the donation goals and in the months we have, it has been mostly due to one or few individual donating a large sum. However after we decided to implement DtK Store last month in the hopes of moving the reliance from server ads to donations, the response from the community has been very favorable. We are not hoping for $1000 in donations each month but as long as the donation goals are being met or very close to being met, Council will be able to cover remaining costs and keep the servers running AD Free.

As a token of our appreciation for the overwhelming support shown this past month from donators as well as appreciating loyal members and players who chose not to abandon this community and are still supporting it, Council is giving a few prizes away in the form of raffles. These prizes are coming from Council's own pockets -

The Stig. is giving away an awesome Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse

I am giving away a Plantronics GameCom 780 headset and a copy of Battlefield 4

You can submit your entries for the raffles here: DtK Community Appreciation Raffles

In closing We would like to thank each and everyone of you for your support and loyalty over the past years. 2013 hasn't exactly been smooth sailing for DtK but as the saying goes ' there is a rainbow after every storm'. Things will only get better!

Enjoy the ad-free servers and remember, YOU play a huge role in keeping it this way!

Cheers

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnY View Post
    who won ?
    http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthread.php?t=20058
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    CozzDogg is on a distinguished road CozzDogg's Avatar
    Total Donations For

CozzDogg     $ 0.00
    Awesome, the is much easier now

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    MOTD was like a bad dream for DtK. I for one am so sooo happy it's gone. Donations are going well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

Gerken Jerken
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 0%

Gerken Jerken will become famous soon enough Gerken Jerken's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Gerken Jerken     $ 173.00
    YAY for Dtk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information