+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DtK Store discussion

Casual Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    hypanova is just really nice hypanova is just really nice hypanova is just really nice hypanova is just really nice hypanova's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] hypanova     $ 0.00

DtK Store discussion

can i buy a map?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    Nah, 10 is a little too high. It puts a lot of people off. 5 is perfect.
    10 is too high iv seen others asking for $20 and higher for theses types of things. IMO what DtK are offering is pretty darn good if you ask me.

No one has to donate anyone can do it if they want DtK are just offering the store for the people that do donate.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $749 ($241 with sales)
    • Games owned: 93
    • Games played: 56 (60%)
    • Hours on record: 10,002.0h

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Wow great work Squall! This sounds all great.
    I'd like to make a donation but I don't have a PayPal and I'd rather wait until I can legally get one (at 18). Maybe I could donate using something like a bank transfer instead? If DtK has a bank account or something? Otherwise I shall wait 9 months until I am 18.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    I'll write some more suggestions soon.

-- $5 Donation.

I believe there should be a $5 option too, it's cheaper and affordable and you're still giving to the community. It would be a rather limited selection to the store, but it gives people a taste and a few perks and I believe more people would give money for the $5 one. Also, add ALL DONATORS are allowed to skip the advert. This seems to be a big appeal to people and I believe for $5, there would be A LOT MORE donators.

"Oh hey, I love this server but I really hate that advert". "Oh, only 5 dollars, and I can bypass the advert + get perks! Sounds great!"
    Whilst I completely agree with you that $5 to skip the motd advert but not get access to the !dtkstore would be a great addition to the community, if the market will bear the current $25 cost for skipping the ad then it won't be changed. Personally I would pay $5/month to skip the ad but will not pay $25/month; however, if it's possible to charge at a certain level for something, it's not going to be available for a fraction of the price. That's fair enough if donations keep rolling in at the current pricing level.

Quote Originally Posted by firtvid20 View Post
    Wow great work Squall! This sounds all great.
    I'd like to make a donation but I don't have a PayPal and I'd rather wait until I can legally get one (at 18). Maybe I could donate using something like a bank transfer instead? If DtK has a bank account or something? Otherwise I shall wait 9 months until I am 18.

You can buy prepaid VISA cards at any post office that should work with Paypal. Google it, I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    If you are going to compare communities, you may as well join the other communities.
    Really? Your response to feedback is to tell people to leave?

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by heretostalk View Post
    You can buy prepaid VISA cards at any post office that should work with Paypal. Google it, I'm pretty sure it's possible.
    The problem with those cards is that they charge you a small fee every time you do an online transaction with them. And it also doesn't really solve the problem of me getting a PayPal under 18. I have a bank account which can do the same by linking it.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by heretostalk View Post

Really? Your response to feedback is to tell people to leave?
    My response was to a person looking for the cheapest/free Store feature and comparing communities which are never identical. If you are looking for the best 'deal' around , DtK Store might not be 'it'. DtK is simply not competing with other community stores. The Store has been setup to help run this community.

If you think DtK Store is 'expensive', you would be surprised at how expensive it is to run this community. We did not just randomly put donation amounts, we have done the maths, we have run the numbers, we settled on these values after careful consideration.
    Last edited by Squall; 07-07-13 at 03:43 PM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    My response was to a person looking for the cheapest/free Store feature and comparing communities which are never identical. If you are looking for the best 'deal' around , DtK Store might not be 'it'. DtK is simply not competing with other community stores. The Store has been setup to help run this community.

If you think DtK Store is 'expensive', you would be surprised how expensive it is to run this community. We did not just randomly put donation amounts, we have done the maths, we have run the numbers, we settled on these values after careful consideration.
    Well said squall!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    Can I ask how many credits the $10 or $25 donations give you in the DTK store? I've donated, but I'm still getting a 'No Credit' amount when I try to buy...?

Knowing the credit amount purchased (per donation) might spur people on to donate...?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutenoobles View Post
    Can I ask how many credits the $10 or $25 donations give you in the DTK store? I've donated, but I'm still getting a 'No Credit' amount when I try to buy...?

Knowing the credit amount purchased (per donation) might spur people on to donate...?
    It is enough to buy everything. Also it will take a bit of time to be applied.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bauxe For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutenoobles View Post

I think it says this somewhere, but you'll get a PM once you donate, and also once again after it's confirmed, this is the point in time where your store is activated.
    When you type !dtkstore in game, your amount is at the top of the list. =)
    It's like 1000.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

My coke is duh best
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 428

SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SyKeD     $ 30.00
    Looks good might donate on pay day
    Click to Join Me On GunGame 10
    Also add me on League Of Legends ItzSyKeD and Battlelog

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    Thanks Cuffeh and Bauxe. Yes, it appears to be $1,000 credits for a $10 donation. I've been trying out some skins, player trails and turtle 'nade trails and it's lots of fun, indeed. Very straightforward purchase/activation on the fly in-game, too. Nice.

A match filled with kitted out members using trails and tracers is going to be insane.

The Cycle Must Continue
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Synthetic     $ 35.00
    So the green donator badge is going to be for the people that donate $10+? Nvm, mine showed then xD
    I also must say, the fact that the donations has jumped so much is insane and it have nice little features in game.
    As 2minutenoodles said, very basic once in-game
    Last edited by Synthetic; 07-07-13 at 05:03 PM.
    Come Join us and play on the DtK Zombie Server! 45.121.211.55:27058

Thanks Stormy for the amazing sig <3

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 296

Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mitch     $ 10.00
    This is embarrasing, $25 A MONTH? For ad free gameplay? Lol.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

The Cycle Must Continue
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Synthetic     $ 35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If donations keep up I'd imagine the time limit on the ads would be removed? We, as a community are donating to support the community. Nothing wrong with it to be honest.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00

If you think DtK Store is 'expensive', you would be surprised at how expensive it is to run this community. We did not just randomly put donation amounts, we have done the maths, we have run the numbers, we settled on these values after careful consideration.
    I never recall looking for the best 'deal', the store feature doesn't interest me but the other features do. I'm just trying to help, you're sitting on a possible goldmine if done correctly. I just don't see that the store and prices will be successful and was giving my opinion and some ideas. I've been around this stuff for a few years, so I know somewhat, what works and what doesn't, so if you don't want my opinion then just say so. There is so much potential here that is going to waste.

EDIT: Ohh, I see how it is. After talking with people, they seem to think I'm trying to lower the prices etc. so I don't have to pay as much and I can avoid the advert. I do not mean this in anyway (I TRULY DON'T) and I'm just trying to help out by giving some feedback / suggestions. I'm just trying to get at that people would pay $5 for "Donator Status" to skip the advert and perhaps a few little perks. I know many people who would do so and $10 is out of their league (and not even skipping the advert). There have been that many complaints about it, it's just so obvious and I've been trying to point that out to you guys.

I'm sorry if I came across otherwise, I'm only trying to help.

-- Probably just the inner-marketing side of me coming out after doing 4 years of business studies. This has given me an idea ^_^
    Last edited by Complex1ty; 07-07-13 at 06:04 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    I think that they are reasonable prices, I used to run a clan where people could buy VIP or admin and these prices are similar to what I charged and what most servers charge anyway.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    We have $350 in donations in less than a day.

I don't think too many people find an issue with the amounts per access scheme.

Not paying out your comment, I'm just stating the facts.
    Well it's a new concept so your going to have a few people sign up...I think the question is more abt whether this model is sustainable based on the donation rates

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    No.
    you pay $25 for the VIP Pack including the Champion pack.
    It's not $25 to just skip ads....................................
    .................................................. ......................................

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Just like to congratulate everyone that donated to DtK, made $600 from everyone donate , everyone must enjoy the store keep up the work guys

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Clark♥ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 299

DonkeysWTF will become famous soon enough DonkeysWTF will become famous soon enough DonkeysWTF's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] DonkeysWTF     $ 45.00
    Can you make a donation amount to get vip or champion for a year.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information