Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Death of GG4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

The Death of GG4

Hello everyone,

What has happened to GG4?....Has it died a slow death?

I ask because everytime I go to play there recently, there is only a handful of players - and none of the usual crew.

I'm the first to admit that I am not playing as much as I used to either but where is everyone else?

And why have they left?

And what is going to be done to attract players back?

Or do we start writing the obituary???

A concerned Dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbim View Post
    hope this will happen... someday
    -no adds
    -no sticky nades
    -bring back warm up round
    -more maps
    -voting starts at the end of round
    Don't think we can get rid of the ads unless dtk receives enough donations monthly

Sticky Nades was androids idea to help populate the server, I think it works well if there only 4-5 people on, when the server is more populated it adds a bit of challenge to not tk

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    Don't think we can get rid of the ads unless dtk receives enough donations monthly

Sticky Nades was androids idea to help populate the server, I think it works well if there only 4-5 people on, when the server is more populated it adds a bit of challenge to not tk

Yeah no it was on my server but dail enjoyed playing on my server with the sticky nades and he wanted them on his server. I didn't make any decision because gg4 is dails server and not mine, so before you bring my name into it don't go accusing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0iid View Post
    Yeah no it was on my server but dail enjoyed playing on my server with the sticky nades and he wanted them on his server. I didn't make any decision because gg4 is dails server and not mine, so before you bring my name into it don't go accusing.
    Lol wasn't acusing just saying it was your idea to help populate the gg servers...no negativity in my comment either ...at the end of the day any changes on gg4 alone is dails call..prettyobvious

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 216

mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] mircan123     $ 25.00
    I have been playing on Server#4 a long time now I appreciate what the management has done to improve this server it is a great server a great community and I am proud to be a part of this great community. I am always looking at trying to assist in the best interests of the community and this server. I have been watching the decline in the numbers in the past 6 months but also listening to the regulars complaining about the waiting time to get on and play the maps arent being changed as regularly as they should be.
    I am not pointing fingers at anyone but simply saying it is not just one single dislike by the regular players and new players alike losing interest, its a range of issues people arent happy with.
    If a business is to run successfully the customers have to be looked after they come first no matter how much advertising you do you dont look after the customer you dont have a business. It is one of the most fundemental rules in running a business you can only treat your customers badly for a very short period of time before the word spreads that you are treating your customers bad and they dont bother about you anymore.
    If we are to survive as a business we need to come up with alternatives that do not interfere drastically with our customers.
    I would like to suggest an Idea that would work well in the advertising of products without interfering in game play time of the players and benefit management and advertisers as well. How about we advertise in our avatars for example in the avatar we put the name of the product being advertised for example sponsored by red bull or Coca cola etc what ever the product. I dont know how hard that would be to do but I think that would work a treat when you get killed by someone you get to see halo killed you ad sponsored by Red Bull. Maybe we can see if this would work and suggest it to pinion and it might be much better for all concerned and beneficial for all.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mircan123 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    on flickshot the ads play all the way through but it's happening in the background. What this means is that the ad plays but you can play also rather than sitting there twiddling thumbs thinking about your next post on this forum.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 2.0%

halo has a spectacular aura about halo has a spectacular aura about halo has a spectacular aura about halo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] halo     $ 351.00
    Wow. I'm always behind on these things. I miss everyone! It sucks really but whatever...some very good points and suggestions have been made in this thread, only time will tell if they have been taken into consideration. I think DtK is great. That being said there are serious problems. Especially if this is a business and not someone's hobby.
    Excuse me I understand I don't know shit but what I do know is that we aren't fragging!
    And THAT is not

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Server has made it to 5 a side (10 players) only twice in the last week. I unfortunately just can't enjoy playing there any more, so it's streamline or flickshot I guess. Maybe the staff will do something to fix gg4, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    We can't just sit here saying we need to do things to help the server survive we need to actually do things.

-Invite your friends to play gungame
    -Invite your recent players
    -Tell people on other servers about gungame

We can't complain about pinion because the server needs money to survive, we just need to get the word out and play it more ourselves.
    Also maybe a gungame deathmatch tournament? It would be good to organise or even a competitive team and verse other clans, we could have 2 or 3 teams within just the DTK community it would be a good effort.

Banned
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by heretostalk View Post
    Server has made it to 5 a side (10 players) only twice in the last week. I unfortunately just can't enjoy playing there any more, so it's streamline or flickshot I guess. Maybe the staff will do something to fix gg4, but I'm not holding my breath.

after about 9pm EST (AUS) the last 2 nights we've had good numbers playing on the server and it's been as good as ever! no lag and new maps have made it awesome. So get in there and start playing guys!

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    So far, from what I can see on this thread, the issue being discussed more than others is the Pinion advertisements. At the end of the day, they are designed to help pay the bills of the servers and personally, I don't have any problem with waiting an extra 20 - 30 seconds to join in on the server, especially at the start with the warm up round having been extended to accommodate for that.

With the overall waiting period on the advertisements being dependent not just on the time of the advertisement itself (which can vary between 10 seconds and 45 seconds or more), but the connection speed etc on each computer, I do honestly believe that a lot of the reason we have lost a very large portion of our regular players on the GGDM server is because they don't want to be waiting around for an undetermined time while they wait for an ad to load and play before they can join in the game.

I'm fairly sure that most if not all of us can agree that bringing back the constant numbers, would mean bringing back the constant impressions/hits required for the advertisements to help pay the bills a little more. Therefore, everyone would be happy.

If this has already been suggested to Pinion, I do apologise.
    My suggestion is to perhaps discuss with Pinion, the possibility of having a maximum time limit set for the advertisement videos.
    For example, let's say a maximum time of 25 seconds per advertisement.

This would theoretically help to appease players, while Pinion are still getting the impressions/hits that would help pay the bills for the server.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    not having a go here at anyone but noticed offlate a couple of admins in spec most of the time...demoing bots or getting their game time up either or
    Last edited by BigDel; 28-06-13 at 01:29 AM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    saddam will become famous soon enough saddam will become famous soon enough saddam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

saddam     $ 0.00
    its all dails fault, that stupid asian sits in spec mode because I knife him too much and he bitches about it

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    not having a go here at anyone but noticed offlate a couple of admins in spec most of the time...demoing bots or getting their game time up either or
    There are a variety of possible reasons they'd be in spec, why just assume they're demoing bots or just trying to get their game time up? Especially when if their stats page is looked at on the server, it does actually show amount of time spent in spec, t's and ct's ....

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    There are a variety of possible reasons they'd be in spec, why just assume they're demoing bots or just trying to get their game time up? Especially when if their stats page is looked at on the server, it does actually show amount of time spent in spec, t's and ct's ....
    Look up hlstats for past week

Walashi
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nandos     $ 0.00
    I remember the time when i used to alway teamkill, good old time
    SilverStone ST85F-P 850W Strider Plus Power Supply
    LGE CH12LS28 Black Blue Ray HD
    LG E2351VR-BN 23" LED
    BitFenix RAIDER Black Mid-Tower Case
    Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H MB, Intel Z77 Chipset, Socket 1155, 4x DDR3,
    Asus GF GTX670 DirectCU II Edition PCI-E 3.0, 2GB 256-bit DDR5
    Intel Core i5 3570 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance DDR3

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nandos For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandos View Post
    And rejoin when a voteban was put up

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    you guys are pooftas, u bitch moan and complain about lack of population, get behind the server, suggest events to admins, EMs etc. Server's predominately remain populated due the social aspect. people having fun interacting and the gaming comes second. get in, get involved and make it fun. the numbers will come. don't desert your server, fight for it.

jimmyshoes

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyshoes For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandos View Post
    haha godric you classic

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post
    you guys are pooftas, u bitch moan and complain about lack of population, get behind the server, suggest events to admins, EMs etc. Server's predominately remain populated due the social aspect. people having fun interacting and the gaming comes second. get in, get involved and make it fun. the numbers will come. don't desert your server, fight for it.

jimmyshoes
    what the ♥♥♥♥ do you think we've been doing all this time?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post

jimmyshoes

i think events will definitely help and probably more people from dust ay :P i enjoyed the knifing today...hope you play more regularly

Closed Thread

Thread Information