+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for DD2 DM sever

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00

Suggestions for DD2 DM sever

As the title say's, "Suggestion's for the DD2 DM server". These can be for the day to day gaming on the server, or ideas for events.
    All genuine suggestions are most welcome. Not every idea will be tried or trialed, but I'm sure there will be some good idea's put forward.

thank you

jimmyshoes

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    These are good suggestions and all. But Dust has been full like every night the last couple weeks. If it ain't broke.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    These are good suggestions and all. But Dust has been full like every night the last couple weeks. If it ain't broke.
    Nothing wrong with suggestions, if anything it's better that people post them even if they are deemed silly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Obviously if dust2 was perfect and didn't need changing or there was no need for server feedback there wouldn't be a "suggestions for dust2 dm" thread =P

So I'm doing as the thread suggests.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    maybe we could search for diff dust 2 maps i know there are a few and maybe a week event where we play the diff ones like dust 2 pro, it was a huge success so lets keep the events going and make this a number 1 server!!!

#1 Shifty Scrub

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Just another idea from the mighty boosh

So I was just thinking about how there are special skins for those who have reached rank 200 or under (halo suit) and one for those who have reached rank 50 or under (dtk leet). What about a special skin for those who are ranked in the top 3 like a bronze, silver and gold skin so to speak for obtaining such an achievement (they dont actually have to be the colours bronze, silver and gold either).

Now I also have another idea but as I am writing this I just realised how much I hate COD and so this almost makes me hate bringing this idea up because I just have a hatred for COD haha. The idea of obtaining special skins for weapons that are free (like those who reach a certain rank to get the free skins) we could have some kind of ranking system for weapons?

Once a certain amount of kills or rank is achieved by a player they bring up a menu of free skins to decide from if they so choose. The numbers will have to be huge though to encourage players who play our server a lot something to work towards so for example 10k kills, 20k kills, 50k kills, 100k kills etc. Again it's a spur of the moment thought I had so I haven't given it much thought but these are a few more ideas to think about =]

Always happy to share my thoughts.

P.S will happily take credit for any other servers willing to take up this idea or support this suggestion

Boosh.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Once a certain amount of kills or rank is achieved by a player they bring up a menu of free skins to decide from if they so choose. The numbers will have to be huge though to encourage players who play our server a lot something to work towards so for example 10k kills, 20k kills, 50k kills, 100k kills etc. Again it's a spur of the moment thought I had so I haven't given it much thought but these are a few more ideas to think about =
    This can only be for like the top 10 players with each weapon it doesn't have to be like the skins where 200 players have the same skin or perhaps if it were the top 50 or 200 then it might encourage more players to play more to look that bit cooler running around with their favorite weapon with a special skin that not everyone has =]

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Great idea in theory but I think it would discourage people from donating to the servers, since right now a pretty skin is one of the incentives

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    Great idea in theory but I think it would discourage people from donating to the servers, since right now a pretty skin is one of the incentives
    I did not think of it like that.

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    add throwing knives to dust!
    and perhaps limit gg ammo to 7 like office server.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    add throwing knives to dust!
    and perhaps limit gg ammo to 7 like office server.
    I'm so sorry but I cannot help but to take more notice of your profile picture than your posts I never seem to read what you post =[

Jokes - Wish granted! (Throwing knives anyway) It has been requested for some time now and we are loving them =D

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    _gooz is on a distinguished road _gooz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] _gooz     $ 0.00
    i agree with delta

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    I am of the opinion that we should actually have 2 DD2 DM servers. 1 being a standard server with the other having all of the "added extras" If they were 30 man servers we could probably get great patronage on them both. would be easy enough to have a non scope server which would no doubt be more beneficial to the knifers in this world. that server could also be random spawns and no GG. You would obviously join the server that was of your preferred format.

cheers
    jimyshoes

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

So a few new ideas I have thought about recently if they are able to be applied to the server.

At 100 kills bring up a (2) option menu (These can be renamed)

1. Knife to win

2. Chicken out

Basically you choose to knife to win and once you hit 109 kills auto equip knife and once you get (1) knife kill and reach 110 then you win. Alternatively you choose to chicken out and you must obtain (5) weapon kills to win which ultimately results in a 115 kill win using weapons. As mentioned this option becomes available upon reaching kill 100.

Also another idea is that since we have a few variations of dust2 and I never encourage a map change unless players (normally regulars who know this is an option) request it then I simply leave it on standard dust2. Perhaps not as a perm option but maybe as a monthly event whether it be for the first week of every month or every 2nd week of every month or simply a happy hour event each day, those who "win" that game choose the next map, for example dust2 indoors, dust2 pro, dust2 unlimted, dust2 normal or dust2 with random spawns.

I just thought it might encourage players to try harder to win and we won't have the same regular players winning every game to build more incentive to win each game even during a selected time period. Please provide feedback as I have mentioned this in game and have had quite a lot of positive responses.
    Last edited by Booshti; 08-12-14 at 10:50 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    I just thought it might encourage players to try harder to win and we won't have the same regular players winning every game to build more incentive to win each game even during a selected time period.
    Not havin a dig at u bro but Im pretty sure most players play 'hard' to win but rarely get close and that is not by 'choice' either.

You might find the winner 'generally' goes to the same group of elite players i.e.. without a doubt, dak dakkers, p90's or campers (this is a joke…)

Jokes aside, I think it is a great idea - I just played the dust 2 indoors - was great!

Perhaps the decision should fall to a random player or else you'd find its always someone like button or boo boo who picks :P

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    So a few new ideas I have thought about recently if they are able to be applied to the server.

At 100 kills bring up a (2) option menu (These can be renamed)

1. Knife to win

2. Chicken out

Basically you choose to knife to win and once you hit 109 kills auto equip knife and once you get (1) knife kill and reach 110 then you win. Alternatively you choose to chicken out and you must obtain (5) weapon kills to win which ultimately results in a 115 kill win using weapons. As mentioned this option becomes available upon reaching kill 100.
    Sounds good but maybe instead of getting that option how about when you reach 100 kills you automatically get a random weapon and you won't advance to the next weapon unless you get a kill with it. Sort of like gun game you don't advance until you get a kill with the level weapon your on. I think that would be more challenging considering people do spam p90 and dakdak. so instead of choosing the gun you want it will just lock on a random gun. Most people aren't as good with random guns so if they get a scout and their bad with it then it will make an interesting game.

Just my thought on your idea.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by xoRZisT View Post
    Not havin a dig at u bro but Im pretty sure most players play 'hard' to win but rarely get close and that is not by 'choice' either.

You might find the winner 'generally' goes to the same group of elite players i.e.. without a doubt, dak dakkers, p90's or campers (this is a joke…)

Jokes aside, I think it is a great idea - I just played the dust 2 indoors - was great!

Perhaps the decision should fall to a random player or else you'd find its always someone like button or boo boo who picks :P

Well I am under the impression most people come on just for fun and chill out I mean yea we all like to win but no one gets too upset about it. The fact that only 1 player wins each game shows that those who always come back even though certain players may win each time (when those player's are on) tells me that most players don't care if they win or lose they just come on and play because it's fun and they like the general vibe of the server. But providing more incentives to "win" the game may encourage players to step their game up so to speak with providing at least the option to choose the map of their choice almost like an instant reward system where the players of the server can obtain some kind of control of the server in terms of what map to play. The only problem obviously I can see is that if some people don't like that specific map they might leave and come back when it changes but again this is why it doesn't need to be a perm thing more of a special event for x amount of time each day/week/month etc etc.
    Last edited by Booshti; 09-12-14 at 05:40 AM.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by andr0iid View Post
    Sounds good but maybe instead of getting that option how about when you reach 100 kills you automatically get a random weapon and you won't advance to the next weapon unless you get a kill with it. Sort of like gun game you don't advance until you get a kill with the level weapon your on. I think that would be more challenging considering people do spam p90 and dakdak. so instead of choosing the gun you want it will just lock on a random gun. Most people aren't as good with random guns so if they get a scout and their bad with it then it will make an interesting game.

Just my thought on your idea.

The only reason I mention this knife to win idea is that most regulars on the server now generally as a rule knife to win as an extra level of skill and provides a certain level of respect for those who do knife for the last kill. I know gun game is knife to win however adding the whole get a kill with a random weapon to proceed to the next weapon on this particular server I don't really think would suit very well, only in my opinion.
    Last edited by Booshti; 09-12-14 at 05:40 AM.

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Yeah that's understandable but it's quite easy to get a knife kill on d2dm, that's why I suggested my idea at least that way it gives others a chance to catch up.

Just my opinion though

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62

icantaim is on a distinguished road icantaim's Avatar
    Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00

Just wanna give 10 points

1. Is it possible to change spawn sides after certain periods of time? We have 9 minutes each round so is it a huge burden for the server to swap everyone around in the next round?

Otherwise, CT noobs get killed like pigs... especially at the spawn area.

2. Gun restrictions- Make the M249 users limited to 5 max on each side(?)
    AWPers- 10 max(?)
    dak dakers- maybe 8(?)
    However, i'm not sure how many players in total (when max server) use these weapons. You get the idea of how to restrict if you want to implement.

3. I remember from office server, anyone can throw a knife once. Is that possible on server #5?

4. Since weapons are free (make them $0), but put prices on grenades and smokes etc.. and get everyone to start from $0. Kill to earn $$.

5. Whoever dies 150 times, maybe gameover too regardless if opponent scores 110?

6. Server announcement after each round on who's the top player & his accuracy (?) + headshots. So we can tell whether he's a good player or aim-bot?

7. Admin must have a coloured name in server regardles if he wants to wear his admin uniform.

8. Give the DTK more elite players a medal beside their name so we can recognize them. *Killing them will be more satisfying..

9. Give the within 200 rank costume slightly more benefit, ie, more armor, jumps higher, move slightly slower etc...

10. More points for knifing, more points for headshots etc.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by icantaim View Post
    1. Is it possible to change spawn sides after certain periods of time? We have 9 minutes each round so is it a huge burden for the server to swap everyone around in the next round?

Otherwise, CT noobs get killed like pigs... especially at the spawn area.

2. Gun restrictions- Make the M249 users limited to 5 max on each side(?)
    AWPers- 10 max(?)
    dak dakers- maybe 8(?)
    However, i'm not sure how many players in total (when max server) use these weapons. You get the idea of how to restrict if you want to implement.

3. I remember from office server, anyone can throw a knife once. Is that possible on server #5?

4. Since weapons are free (make them $0), but put prices on grenades and smokes etc.. and get everyone to start from $0. Kill to earn $$.

5. Whoever dies 150 times, maybe gameover too regardless if opponent scores 110?

6. Server announcement after each round on who's the top player & his accuracy (?) + headshots. So we can tell whether he's a good player or aim-bot?

7. Admin must have a coloured name in server regardles if he wants to wear his admin uniform.

8. Give the DTK more elite players a medal beside their name so we can recognize them. *Killing them will be more satisfying..

9. Give the within 200 rank costume slightly more benefit, ie, more armor, jumps higher, move slightly slower etc...

10. More points for knifing, more points for headshots etc.
    1. I generally assume most people choose the team they like to play whether it be because they enjoy that team more than the other or find one side too easy. Sometimes I join T's because there is no room on CT however most times I'm only interested in playing CT so I will wait for an open spot so trying to control and force people to play a team they don't like or side of the map they don't like may detract "some" players from playing at all because I believe everyone should have a choice. I'm only giving my opinion here not saying I know what is best but also based on what people would like to see in the game or what I hear people complain about a lot. Also after an entire game ends some players will leave and generally the teams will be mixed up slightly except for those people who only play specific teams.

2. Gun restrictions have been brought up many times in this server and whilst Delta was SA a few times I remember this coming up and all in all I believe Delta was right in not restricting them for the simple reason that if you restrict one weapon you have to restrict them all. Not only that but some people come on the server to play and use the weapon they enjoy if they can't use that weapon due to restrictions then they may leave.

3. We had throwing knives in the server however we had a lot of trouble with server lag so we have to be careful what we add to the server and in some cases if we add something we may have to remove something else to compensate for the server lag as a result.

4. I've never come across this idea before I'm not sure if it's possible to only make it so you can buy grenades. I would have to look into it further to find out if it's possible but flash bangs have been removed from the server also due to them creating server lag and at the moment only every so often players spawn with a smoke nade and I would imagine if everyone could use a smoke grenade every time they spawn that may create more server lag also but everyone does get a HE nade so now that I think about it I don't think that's a possibility either.

5. I don't see how someone dying 150 times should result in the game being over. Unless someone commits suicide over and over non stop no one will reach that many deaths the most deaths I've seen from people playing properly and winning have been maybe slightly over 100 but everyone has grown custom to 110 kills for the win so bringing in a death cap to end a game makes no sense to me as people should be playing and practicing to get better not worse and trying to die on purpose.

6. We are able to monitor aim-botters and hackers in general pretty well and that's why we have admin so that regular players can go about their game while the admin and everything else we have in place are working towards keeping the server hacker free.

7. Apart from the in game admin tag or custom admin skin they are able to use I don't think anything else needs to be shown that someone is an admin. I think the less attention admin get the less new players and hackers for that matter know who the admin are that way it makes it easier for us to catch them. I know many people who have had multiple accounts and come back on the server with the same name and have left as soon as they see me or another admin connect just by simply seeing my name to indicate an admin is joining.

8. This again comes down to adding more things to the server which may end up causing server lag. I don't know if this is going to make a difference to people either because I mean most players know they are a good player simply by their custom skins, their name or seeing how many points that player has when they kill them or get killed by them. So adding something else to the server to show that someone is a good player to me doesn't seem to be needed.

9. When I think about this idea it just makes me think that the better plays will be even better and have more of an unfair advantage against those players who aren't on the same skill level. Not only that but again add more things to the server = more server lag.

10. You actually do receive more points for every headshot you make as far as knifing goes I thought you did receive more points than normal but I can't quite remember off the top of my head.

Again these are just my opinions and I'm not saying I know what is best so don't take it to heart or anything I really appreciate the effort and time you put into your creative ideas and trying to help make Dust2 even more fun!
    Last edited by Booshti; 30-01-15 at 12:34 AM.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information