+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for DD2 DM sever

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00

Suggestions for DD2 DM sever

As the title say's, "Suggestion's for the DD2 DM server". These can be for the day to day gaming on the server, or ideas for events.
    All genuine suggestions are most welcome. Not every idea will be tried or trialed, but I'm sure there will be some good idea's put forward.

thank you

jimmyshoes

Walashi
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nandos     $ 0.00
    FFA And Random Spawn
    SilverStone ST85F-P 850W Strider Plus Power Supply
    LGE CH12LS28 Black Blue Ray HD
    LG E2351VR-BN 23" LED
    BitFenix RAIDER Black Mid-Tower Case
    Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H MB, Intel Z77 Chipset, Socket 1155, 4x DDR3,
    Asus GF GTX670 DirectCU II Edition PCI-E 3.0, 2GB 256-bit DDR5
    Intel Core i5 3570 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance DDR3

Walashi
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos is just really nice Nandos's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nandos     $ 0.00
    Or could use this map

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/26070

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    Seriously though, please remember this quote ",if it ain't broke, don't fix it" we are all willing to try new things, but the current format has proved over and over to be extremely popular. I'm sure we can try "events" but the day to day format for the server won't change unless there is extensive player/member support.
    Keep the ideas coming guys.

Jimmyshoes

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    well i would like to see some other DD2 maps especially the extended dust2 map. remove smokes as they do lag a server pretty bad and the server does get full quick.. maybe some random terrorists have the bomb would make it more interesting, maybe a knife only hour or pistols hour would be good and maybe we could have a comp of some sort once a week where people get prizes like new skins for a week, new colors for guns different skins for grenades. i think it would go well tho do need to have more admin for it as of late the server has had a fair few hackers come in when admins are not on or available. Maybe once a week for 24 hours could have rounds where there is no awps, dak dak as some people do complain about the amount of awpers and dak dakers that just camp and shoot through doors ect.
    hope some people like these ideas

|_,ink (-.^) CompleXity.au

Hardcore Gamer
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Lakey334 has a spectacular aura about Lakey334 has a spectacular aura about Lakey334 has a spectacular aura about Lakey334's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lakey334     $ 0.00
    I reckon it'd be good if you got a beacon or something to tell the enemy team if you were camping for a certain amount of time.
    Maybe you lose health for being in 1 place too long? Would help to stop spawn camping, etc.

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00
    I play this server and nothing else really and over the past 3 weeks that I've been playing since I've come back to CSS so many people want to knife as the last kill to make it that much more challenging. So what about once you hit 109 you lose all weapons and must knife for the 110 kill win. It might also give other players a longer chance to win the game that don't win as often as the better players of the server even though 1 knife kill isn't difficult to get anyway but if they are that good to win surely it should be a "special kill" of some kind.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I have another idea for the server regarding weapons. Perhaps on the weekends where there are more players and the server is always almost full say on a Saturday or something, for that day each game has a random weapon that is chosen to be removed just for that game on a simple rotation (not the entire day) for example AWP. Then the next game a different weapon is chosen like the AK47, then dak dak, then P90 and so on etc. I don't know the average time length for each game but if it's on a popular day where the server is full I'm sure games on average may last only 30 minutes roughly.

It will encourage players to try other guns for that single game and won't be restricting them for too long to be able to use their favorite weapon. Also it isn't permanently removing any weapons from the server completely. Also another round could be all weapons can be used however knife kills award 2 kills per knife since on this dm server when it's full knifing can be very difficult and I have seen some players who literally have scores that are 10 kills for 90 deaths because they like to knife so for them to win they would need 55 knife kills which is still difficult and it's not making it super easy to win by just knifing either. Again this can just be on the same day as the random weapon rotations and can simply just be for that game it doesn't have to be a permanent change if it seems too silly.

Just thought I'd throw a couple more random ideas up that I've had while playing this server over the last weeks.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

As someone who plays often during the week when the server is quiet I have noticed a few players coming on and just spam killing bots to win with awps and dak daks since bots in ct spawn are just easily dominated. I don't know if this is a big deal or not but to those players who win when the server is full and requires actual skill I'm sure they would hate to know they have unequal competition from bot spammers when it comes to the wins leader board.

Again I don't know if this is a major issue.. but I was thinking something along the lines of when there's 1 player on each team resetting the game and removing bots. Or if there's only 1 player in the server still have bots but there is no cap to win until a player joins the other team which then resets once it's at least 1 v 1.

The only problem with this is that if it's a 1 v 1 and a player leaves it will be reset once a new player joins and the player who stayed will have lost their kills. So that part I'm not sure how to get around.. my main point is the fact that people are spam killing bots for wins. Maybe make it so bots don't count as kills? So people can still kill them for 2 points but not get a kill for it.

Thanks, Booshti.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

I've noticed that in a number of other servers there are throwing knives including the office dm server is that ever a possibility for dust2 since knife kills are hard enough to get? Or is that just another way of getting "easy" kills? Based on what I've seen from throwing knives on other servers like office and scoutknivez is that you have to be pretty precise and they aren't insta kill and only do 50 damage.

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    I've noticed that in a number of other servers there are throwing knives including the office dm server is that ever a possibility for dust2 since knife kills are hard enough to get? Or is that just another way of getting "easy" kills? Based on what I've seen from throwing knives on other servers like office and scoutknivez is that you have to be pretty precise and they aren't insta kill and only do 50 damage.
    I guess there is no problem with that dont see why it shud be introduced except for ppl like button who cant knife anyone anymore

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminat0r For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

I was thinking of perhaps indicating somehow which player has the golden gun since it is so OP. It doesnt have to go to the extent of showing their position on the minimap til they die but for those players who like to use the GG and those who are really good with it and just wreck everyone it means if it's not spawned and someone wants to use it they have to go and kill the person holding it. If a players kills the person that holds it then they should be made aware that they just killed the player holding the GG so that they know it will be respawning soon. Perhaps when someone picks up the GG it alerts players and when someone dies it also alerts players? A lot of players also do complain about those who use it just like awps, dak daks and a few others so i agree not removing any weapons just maybe making slight alterations to make it more "fair".

All I'm saying is there are enough OP weapons already so the only way to let people know who has it other than alerting players with a small in game screen message is maybe the weapon can glow on the player even if they aren't using it so players know. Making it more challenging to use like having players target that GG holder just balances the fairness of the game for those who choose to use the OP gun. Everyone will will see that players glowing gun and be like "They've got the golden gun kill them!". The other thing is to limit it to say 10 bullets. If someone is good with it then 10 kills is nothing plus it re spawns and there are TWO! Not to mention the kill count is also only 110 so it seems to me it needs to be made more of a challenge to use or restricted more in some way going by a variety of complaints I've seen from players after all its a custom weapon after all so making changes to it isn't taking away much of the original game anyway.

Thanks, Booshti.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

It would also give those players who decide to just go around knifing a whole game some more fire power I'm still saying only give them 1 throwing knife and every normal knife kill gets an additional throwing knife like in other servers and when you die you lose all throwing knives. Or maybe you start with 0 and have to knife someone normally first then you get a throwing knife then you keep knifing people to get more.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    I was thinking of perhaps indicating somehow which player has the golden gun since it is so OP. It doesnt have to go to the extent of showing their position on the minimap til they die but for those players who like to use the GG and those who are really good with it and just wreck everyone it means if it's not spawned and someone wants to use it they have to go and kill the person holding it. If a players kills the person that holds it then they should be made aware that they just killed the player holding the GG so that they know it will be respawning soon. Perhaps when someone picks up the GG it alerts players and when someone dies it also alerts players? A lot of players also do complain about those who use it just like awps, dak daks and a few others so i agree not removing any weapons just maybe making slight alterations to make it more "fair".

All I'm saying is there are enough OP weapons already so the only way to let people know who has it other than alerting players with a small in game screen message is maybe the weapon can glow on the player even if they aren't using it so players know. Making it more challenging to use like having players target that GG holder just balances the fairness of the game for those who choose to use the OP gun. Everyone will will see that players glowing gun and be like "They've got the golden gun kill them!". The other thing is to limit it to say 10 bullets. If someone is good with it then 10 kills is nothing plus it re spawns and there are TWO! Not to mention the kill count is also only 110 so it seems to me it needs to be made more of a challenge to use or restricted more in some way going by a variety of complaints I've seen from players after all its a custom weapon after all so making changes to it isn't taking away much of the original game anyway.

Thanks, Booshti.
    Maybe beacon on the GG holder?

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by booshti View Post
    or maybe you start with 0 and have to knife someone normally first then you get a throwing knife then you keep knifing people to get more.
    this. I like this.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Maybe beacon on the GG holder?
    Yea that could be a possibility to, whatever the server admins think is a fair adjustment I was just brainstorming some random Ideas to get people thinking about it. We could always ask in game what people would like to see in regards to what changes could happen so that they feel important by having input and keeping players interested.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    this. I like this.
    I'm glad that at least some of my ideas are alright haha

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Yea that could be a possibility to, whatever the server admins think is a fair adjustment I was just brainstorming some random Ideas to get people thinking about it. We could always ask in game what people would like to see in regards to what changes could happen so that they feel important by having input and keeping players interested.
    I will discuss this with the other admins and report back.
    Nice work booshti, cheers for your input.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I will discuss this with the other admins and report back.
    Nice work booshti, cheers for your input.

No worries mate I'm just glad I have the opportunity to voice my opinion and have it actually mean something. I'd love to see one of my ideas added to the server one day it would be awesome ha! But only if they are worthy enough.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

I've had another thought about something that could be quite useful in the server. What about the possibility of just auto join and no join terrorist or counter terrorist?

I understand that people have a fave team/weapon but this will encourage more difficult challenges to players who are use to only one style of map play. I don't know if it's a good idea but that's why I'm bringing it up.. throwing random Ideas out there.. or if you join terrorist one game the next only counter terrorists become available to join etc. I think so many people are set in their ways on the server and that may be because that's what they enjoy but let's encourage people to try different things and get out of their comfort zones.

I know button won't agree with this idea being a ct haha but it could be something fun and mix things up a bit.. I join both teams so it's not something that will be new to me.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Aw but I hate playing Ts. >:c

I have an idea: make it so regular members can put up a vote for random spawns, and it would automatically switch if there are enough "yes" votes.

To prevent abuse, and also since people tend to spam "1", make the threshold higher than if an admin starts the vote - e.g. say 75% have to say yes. Also, if the vote is "no", then no further random spawn votes can be put up until the next round.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information