+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My little pet project [Rush]

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

My little pet project [Rush]

I have finally put my first rush map into BETA and would like to thank those of you who had a few games last night.

For those of you who dont know, I have been developing a Rush (from battlefield 3) game type for counter-strike:source. I created the prefab for it a while ago, but finally got around to making a map.

I still have to fix up a things in the map to balance it out, but I am starting my work on a plugin to go with the map.

Here is where you come in!

I need ideas for those of you who are familiar with the Rush game type in battlefield, to tell me what elements this game will need.

Here is what i have so far:
    • Class system (i.e Recon, Assault, Support and Explosive)
    • Potentially looking to add a rank up system, that allows better weapons, more ammo or slightly more health as perks when players rank up)
    • Adjustable ticket amounts, depending on the amount of players in game. Thinking maybe 10 tickets per player

Any other suggestions you guys can recommend will be much appreciated. Any mods that are already existing for your suggestions, or mine, would be even more appreciated as it saves me days of scripting Lol.

Pics to come!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

adding the ticket amounts wouldn't be possible to do (unless I created like 300 brushes with individual names...) I can Potentially do it via a hud hint or popup though...Depending if eventscripts sticky popups play nice with me this time.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Update.

Added the score boards to the map. Fixed a few general errors. also added cubemaps to give the lower sections more zaz :P

Added filters to the entrance points of each team so they cant be spawn camped.

Did mass revisions to the script last night (with the helpful beta testing of SyKeD) and got the class script running. The class script will keep tabs on the amount of kills a player gets and allows them to get upgraded weapons as they get more kills. Each class has its own level. Example:
    Assault Class
    Level 1 - Famas
    Level 2 - ak47
    Level 3 - m4a1

To reach level 2, a player must reach x amount of kills (20 by default).
    Secondary weapons are kept separate to primary kills, and although killing a player with a secondary weapon will count towards your assault kills, killing a player with an assault weapon will not count towards secondary.

Secondary levels:
    Level 1 - USP
    Level 2 - p228
    Level 3 - Deagle
    Level 4 - fiveseven
    Level 5 - elites

The class system also uses a database file to backup scores, so players joining the server again may pick up where they left off.

To-Do:
    - Change keygroup to enable menu on player_disconnect Completed
    - Backup database file on round end (Save keygroup) Completed
    - Introduce a squad system to the mod - with perks - and integrate it into the class system
    - Add player based spawn tickets on each spawn progression
    - Look at adding a sticky popup to display current ticket amounts
    - Add a popup menu to explain game objectives, available commands, helpful hints etc Completed
    - Fix player not spawning on team change/server join Completed
    - Add weapon strip when new weapon is selected.
    - Im sure there are other things but I will add them later.

I will be hosting a BETA test tonight for those of you who are interested to join.

Cheers.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 08-02-13 at 02:53 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 37.0%

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Hey mate did the bomb panel turn out okay? If it needs improvement lemme know!

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Yeah man it looks sexy as.

I placed a few of them around and added some basic prop_static lights to it with env_sprites.

We will hit it up tonight once I pack the textures into the new version

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 37.0%

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Yeah man it looks sexy as.

I placed a few of them around and added some basic prop_static lights to it with env_sprites.

We will hit it up tonight once I pack the textures into the new version
    Send me an SS on steam later :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information