Team Leader: Position Open
    • firtvid20
    • PwnedByNoob

Video Editing:

Team Leader: Position Open
    • Zororak
    • firtvid20
    • Gyarados

[P - Date] = Person is on Probationary period until the time dated. This can be removed at the disgression of NewGuy, TopCat and Squall.

[P*] = Person will remain permanently in probationary status until they join DTK. Time Accrued while in [P*] WILL count towards probation completion upon membership.

Team Leader Positions currently available

We are currently looking for people to lead their designated team while assigned to projects. The roles and responsibilities will vary depending on the skill. If you think you are competent enough in your field and want to take on the challenge of leadership/organisation then see the next paragraph.

What are we looking for in a TL?
    Some of the different qualities we look for:

Knowledge: A lot of experience in your field is highly desired. The role will, in a lot of cases, entail that you teach your skills to those who aren't as knowledgeable (after all thats what an open source dev community does ). Having experience will also allow you to problem solve more efficiently.

Leadership: A fairly obvious one, but important none the less. having leadership skills will allow you to manage a team efficiently without taking the fun out of the project. Leaders will be required to inspire, motivate and aid their members.

Commitment: Those who are committed stay for the long haul. A leader must remain committed to their project, especially in times of stress. Nothing kills a project faster than a lack of commitment.

Openness: Being able to listen to ideas of both the team and the community and assess each one. Giving feedback (regardless whether its good or bad) in an appropriate and constructive manner.

Fairness: Dealing with problems and drama justly. Keep detached from arguments and looking in from the outside. Lord knows working in groups can be explosive sometimes

Sense of humor: Keeping the mood light and making everyone enjoy what they do. Emotions are infectious and laughter is among the most infections. High spirits equals high quality work!

That is about all I can think of at the moment haha.

We will be looking out carefully for potential candidates and will be monitoring the development section for ideas, constructive feedback; basically anything to do with the above post.

If you do have someone to recommend, please feel free to PM me with their name, expertise and experience in their field.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 14-05-14 at 11:52 AM.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by zororak View Post
    it will be a large skype call wont it haha
    Lol we CAN use the team speak server

Veteran Knitter
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Droolz     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The only thing Droolz could be president of is the Sydney Mardi Gras parade.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Droolz View Post
    hit me up when u get your tags and Ill chuck it on for ya.

Ballon D'or Winner.
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 54
    ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB     $ 0.00
    Looking forward to it guys

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB View Post
    Looking forward to it guys
    how you got in......i have no idea. didn't even supply numbers. tsk tsk tsk.

ilyz <3 xoxo. Finally working with you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Superman Swag
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 665
    regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123 has a reputation beyond repute regs123's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] regs123     $ 0.00
    I didn't get lead chicken eater? D:

Squallkins - SLEEP is now playing Counter Strike Source
    regs: Did Anna teach you how to play counter strike while sleeping?
    Squallkins - SLEEP: F**k off, don't talk shit about Anna m8.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to regs123 For This Useful Post:

regs is toy >;)
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Loading... will become famous soon enough Loading... will become famous soon enough Loading...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Loading...     $ 10.00
    eat a doodle then
    Still Loading...

Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX 8120 3.2ghz
    CPU Cooler: Hyper TX3 evo
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengence 2x4GB
    HDD: 1TB WD caviar blue
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 650 TI 2GB OC (overclocked)
    Monitor: 27" LED LCD something
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi black gaming case with window
    PSU:CoolerMaster 725W extreme II
    O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate (thanks piratebay)

Flying Chicken
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 43

Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Davey_Boy     $ 5.00
    Exciting stuff!
    JOIN GG13 - CS:GO GunGame DM at: 119.252.190.39:27037

.:Australian Born Chinese:.
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified is a name known to all Unidentified's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Unidentified     $ 0.00
    Yeah! We're IN!

So whats the next step?
    .:Unidentified.dtk:.
    ------------------------------END------------------------------

Development Team
    Total Donations For

The next step is getting you guys access to the private forum section so you can see the discussions. We have announced a new project we are working on so you will be given the option to partake in that. I believe we will have a limit on the amount of graphics artists full time on the project, but there will be plenty of room for freelance stuff as we need it. Might also look at getting a second project online for another game type like zombie, gungame or mini games depending what the community wants.

More information to come shortly.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 37.0%

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    The next step is getting you guys access to the private forum section so you can see the discussions. We have announced a new project we are working on so you will be given the option to partake in that. I believe we will have a limit on the amount of graphics artists full time on the project, but there will be plenty of room for freelance stuff as we need it. Might also look at getting a second project online for another game type like zombie, gungame or mini games depending what the community wants.

More information to come shortly.
    You lied this is not a short time
    <3

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Might also look at getting a second project online for another game type like zombie, gungame or mini games depending what the community wants.
    I would like to mention I dub myself as the project leader for JAILBREAK maps as that is where I have the most experience. We currently have one JB map in production, but opportunities are there for other people to take the lead in a specific map type (non-JB-stuff). If you would like to do so, I am happy to discuss how I coordinated the recent jb_colourful map and hopefully you can learn how to articulate what is in your head to a planned set of works in hammer.
    Then we can work out the size and scope of what needs doing and hopefully you can manage your own map project
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    I would like to mention I dub myself as the project leader for JAILBREAK maps as that is where I have the most experience. We currently have one JB map in production, but opportunities are there for other people to take the lead in a specific map type (non-JB-stuff). If you would like to do so, I am happy to discuss how I coordinated the recent jb_colourful map and hopefully you can learn how to articulate what is in your head to a planned set of works in hammer.
    Then we can work out the size and scope of what needs doing and hopefully you can manage your own map project
    I have only ever mapped two JB maps, im better at planning the inital structure (ie Design etc) than actually building the map. I would probably have a better time designing the map in autodesk over Hammer.

Other than that i have made aim & GG maps but thats really about all, i have great ideas for maps just not so good at actually mapping the final product.

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by MDnK View Post
    I have only ever mapped two JB maps, im better at planning the inital structure (ie Design etc) than actually building the map. I would probably have a better time designing the map in autodesk over Hammer.

Other than that i have made aim & GG maps but thats really about all, i have great ideas for maps just not so good at actually mapping the final product.
    Youre preachin to the choir.
    I do my stuff in sketchup cos i dont have hammer skills, only an understanding of how hammer can work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    Youre preachin to the choir.
    I do my stuff in sketchup cos i dont have hammer skills, only an understanding of how hammer can work.
    I have used hammer a few times honestly if the editor was like Red Faction editor or the NS2 Engine editor i would be more inclined to making maps.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

I have used hammer a few times honestly if the editor was like Red Faction editor or the NS2 Engine editor i would be more inclined to making maps.
    Im the opposite Lol. I can make stuff in hammer quite well, but I run out of ideas and my structure isn't that great.

Btw, updated main post to include team leader positions and information :P

Also MDNK, non members cant get access to the private area until they are tagged up.

Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Im the opposite Lol. I can make stuff in hammer quite well, but I run out of ideas and my structure isn't that great.

Btw, updated main post to include team leader positions and information :P

Also MDNK, non members cant get access to the private area until they are tagged up.
    EDIT: NVM Guess squally saw it =(
    EDIT2: will it make it harder for non-members to participate then?
    Last edited by MDnK; 22-01-13 at 08:16 PM.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Jem96     $ 0.00
    Thanks for letting me join even though i am excellent at all of those things. I thought Mapping I would have gotten in for sure seeing as my maps are on gungame 4 and everyone seems to enjoy them.

Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem96 View Post
    Thanks for letting me join even though i am excellent at all of those things. I thought Mapping I would have gotten in for sure seeing as my maps are on gungame 4 and everyone seems to enjoy them.
    it might help if you put an application in.
    Last edited by MDnK; 22-01-13 at 08:33 PM. Reason: terribad spelling today

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96 is just really nice Jem96's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Jem96     $ 0.00
    it might help if you put an application in.
    I did

Closed Thread

Thread Information