+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dust2 Game ethics?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 0%

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] KRAKEN     $ 55.00

Dust2 Game ethics?

As the title implies, I just have some thoughts regarding how some players play...
    Camping, walling, hiding in the corner waiting for a stab kill. These are ways to get a good score right? Maybe most of you will find it ok and say it's part of the game. Sometimes it just gets annoying that players do these. Esp. 1 in particular that waits for teammates to die in Tspawn then earn a lot of healthpacks then safely find a spot not so far from Tspawn to get an easy kill. I just find it so cowardly. Another thing is mic/chat abuse saying all negative things to another players..

any thoughts on this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KRAKEN For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    Awping high-traffic areas, not spawn to spawn though, and not to much camping either, or M4, AK spawn rushing, tunnel/pit camping!

DtK Skirfing queen
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448

Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica's Avatar
    In a box, next to surf #7 (I cant go anywhere else)
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jessica     $ 185.00
    What I say is that it's all apart of the game, there is something wrong what people always go's and crus about it, like ramp glitches in surf or noob tubes in the gay game call of duty. So no use sooking about it.
    And mic spamming is different. Tell an admin if it's a bad spam cause its against the server rules
    Queen of surf, wrecker of peoples shit and miss goody two shoes all in a nice bundle

Runescape Meme Account:

Surf #7 JA 29/9/12 - 9/12/12
    Surf #7 JA 27/10/13 - 16/1/14
    Surf #7 JA 25/10/15 (Till SA)
    Surf #7 SA 1/2/16 - 1/8/16
    (there is a pattern there Im sure of it )

Much love from Jessica <3

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    campers = at least they're consistant and you know where they're at so you can prefire as you come around the corner and know there's a 9/10 chance you're going to get a kill

walling (or any other form of actual cheating) = if you actually believe someone is using a cheat script like this, go to spec, follow them using the menu provided in spectator mode, take a demo for at least a few minutes, upload it to sourcebans or mediafire (and provide a link in the complaint note) and let the administrators deal with it.

knifers waiting behind corners = logically, that's the best way for them to be able to get a knife kill, simply put, holding a knife while running down the way with bullets flying at you is not going to end well for you when all you're holding is a knife. As knifing is part of the game, you just gonna have to deal with that.

T's taking the time to wait for a few health packs to drop = Don't get mad at someone just because they want to wait a couple of minutes to have a better chance of surviving a little longer between respawns.

banter over the mic = part of the game, however, if you don't like it, there's a simple way for you to solve that issue on your own without it effecting anyone else, and you can do it in a way that they don't even know you've done it. I'm pretty sure I've gone over this part for you in another thread, but just incase I have you mixed up with someone else, here it is:
    1. Press Escape, it will bring up the counter-strike: source game menu
    2. click "Player List"
    3. find the name or names of those you wish to not hear/listen to, highlight said names, then click the button that says "Mute in-game"
    Problem solved.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    other than cheating... play however you want, yes some players will abusing you for it (mostly hypocrites who will spawn camp) and others will have a laugh and get over it. The challenge is to overcome their strategy will something else, and vice-versa.
    So in my opinion go out there and do whatever you want (no cheat), and have fun doing it.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Hacks aside, its all part of the game, the simplistic part of css in general is that there is no pre defined way to play the game as such.
    It adds to the versatility, at any given time i could be doing any one of the above mentioned things(except hax)
    Mostly, i'll grab an AK, and try to push and hold the tunnels as a CT, and bomb site as a T.
    As a T tho, i rarely try to pick people from spawn, i normally wait till they are past double doors so there is very little cover.
    But when something isn't working for me, i'll change my ways to something entirely different.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 281

Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY is a splendid one to behold Sp3tsY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sp3tsY     $ 90.00
    You can't stop campers from camping. I guess Jinoot you need to work out your strategy. I know how enoyeing some people are but keep up with good play.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sp3tsY For This Useful Post:

Join SM DM NOW!!
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 101

sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sM...     $ 5.00
    its pub, its going to be this way forever. Not only in DtK servers but all pub servers. Yes it can be annoying but thats pub for ya!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sM... For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] SpOOn     $ 0.00
    dont hate the player..................hate the game

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpOOn For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Standardise     $ 0.00
    Everything you mentioned is all part of the game, to prevent people playing like this you just need to play smart and avoid those common camping areas, check your flank constantly and consistently head shot this "1 in particular that waits for teammates to die in Tspawn then earn a lot of healthpacks then safely find a spot not so far from Tspawn to get an easy kill". Lol.

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    spawn trap them
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 43.0%

King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King's Avatar
    Total Donations For

King     $ 85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Standardise View Post
    Everything you mentioned is all part of the game, to prevent people playing like this you just need to play smart and avoid those common camping areas, check your flank constantly and consistently head shot this "1 in particular that waits for teammates to die in Tspawn then earn a lot of healthpacks then safely find a spot not so far from Tspawn to get an easy kill". Lol.
    nup your shit

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    HitmanSilenced will become famous soon enough HitmanSilenced's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] HitmanSilenced     $ 0.00
    I mean as long as your not hacking then it's ok. I mean thats just the style of the player.

Casual Member
    Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    nup your shit
    You're*

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00
    I doubt no one really cares about spelling or punctuation.
    R.I.P Recoil/♥♥♥n Stab Ya Mate, you'll be missed.
    DtK Nilla Server

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by S15YO 007 View Post
    I doubt no one really cares about spelling or punctuation.
    I know, i'm just teasing King. :P

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

picking up healthpacks to get atleast 400 life, then getting a safe kill against someone who's using any auto weapon (except awp)? It's not cheating we all know that. I just find that cowardly. Maybe that health pack SCAVENGER don't have the guts to face an opponent on 1 on 1 battle. It's just so cowardly. Then on the press of tab button, It's nice to see 20 kills and zero deaths. I personally like healthpacks but with regards to this matter, I don't like it. phew...

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF's Avatar
    Total Donations For

kingEOFFF     $ 0.00
    Fuq da system !

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kingEOFFF For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

I do camp alot myself mate, you and i both know that, but earning healthpacks to get more than 400 life and then "get an easy kill"?? hmmmm. I'm not a big fan of that...

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3tsY View Post
    You can't stop campers from camping. I guess Jinoot you need to work out your strategy. I know how enoyeing some people are but keep up with good play.
    I do camp alot myself mate, you and i both know that, but earning healthpacks to get more than 400 life and then "get an easy kill"?? hmmmm. I'm not a big fan of that...
    (sorry if i may have posted this msg twice) not used to the site yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information