+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dust2 Game ethics?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 0%

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] KRAKEN     $ 55.00

Dust2 Game ethics?

As the title implies, I just have some thoughts regarding how some players play...
    Camping, walling, hiding in the corner waiting for a stab kill. These are ways to get a good score right? Maybe most of you will find it ok and say it's part of the game. Sometimes it just gets annoying that players do these. Esp. 1 in particular that waits for teammates to die in Tspawn then earn a lot of healthpacks then safely find a spot not so far from Tspawn to get an easy kill. I just find it so cowardly. Another thing is mic/chat abuse saying all negative things to another players..

any thoughts on this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KRAKEN For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Standardise     $ 0.00
    By the way I forgot to mention in my first post on this that you stated 'Another thing is mic/chat abuse saying all negative things to another players..'

You have cursed at me numerous times for 'camping'. Just putting that out there.

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Standardise View Post
    By the way I forgot to mention in my first post on this that you stated 'Another thing is mic/chat abuse saying all negative things to another players..'

You have cursed at me numerous times for 'camping'. Just putting that out there.
    first of all, i wouldn't bother waste my time to post a thread and communicate with you in any manner if you hadn't started this on me. mic abuse? =no. Chat abuse? = yes. not only me you're accusing of hacking but other players i don't remember the names. And I've spectated you once and all you have done is to camp at T base, get heaps of health packs ("exploiting" {making full advantage of} them) then get a so called "EASY KILL."

To name a few players that I admire and are far better than you that don't do the same thing as you do mr. STANDARDISE(unless they are hacking):
    Rhyseh, Potatosalad, StipeGTSwi$$, Eighty8, Miss me, Kai, Shot.., and a lot more.
    Sp3tzy, Tibetan Monk and myself and many more get bad scores in the game several times but still enjoy it.

I don't normally post something against other players but it was just coincidently when I spectated this player then he was doing this cowardly thing and it just really really really really pisses me off bigtime.

Casual Member
    Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by jinooot View Post
    first of all, i wouldn't bother waste my time to post a thread and communicate with you in any manner if you hadn't started this on me. mic abuse? =no. Chat abuse? = yes. not only me you're accusing of hacking but other players i don't remember the names. And I've spectated you once and all you have done is to camp at T base, get heaps of health packs ("exploiting" {making full advantage of} them) then get a so called "EASY KILL."

To name a few players that I admire and are far better than you that don't do the same thing as you do mr. STANDARDISE(unless they are hacking):
    Rhyseh, Potatosalad, StipeGTSwi$$, Eighty8, Miss me, Kai, Shot.., and a lot more.
    Sp3tzy, Tibetan Monk and myself and many more get bad scores in the game several times but still enjoy it.

I don't normally post something against other players but it was just coincidently when I spectated this player then he was doing this cowardly thing and it just really really really really pisses me off bigtime.
    Okay so that explains why you vote banned me for 'exploiting' something that's available to me? I'm not trying to argue with you, but vote banning someone for doing something that is merely a strategy however 'cowardly' you see it to be is not the right thing to do, don't try and justify it. Other people might have the opinion that someone that uses the dakdak is very cowardly but they know it's not right to vote ban.

I never even acknowledged you until you vote banned me and called me a 'camping ♥♥♥♥♥♥', so I don't see how you, "wouldn't bother waste my time to post a thread and communicate with you in any manner if you hadn't started this on me".

If you think i'm really that bad, you should come over to SMDM and see how I play there, I play completely differently. Lol.

Oh and also, I never once called you a hacker, I merely said that you abused your rights to vote banning.

Seeing people like you with your attitude being in DtK disgusts me.
    SMDM

Banned
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Oxepon has a spectacular aura about Oxepon has a spectacular aura about Oxepon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Oxepon     $ 0.00
    Well. my trainer has taught me to (CT) hold bombsite do the left peak (Never do right peak) and just wait for the right moment to peak and get a kill.
    (T): wait atleast 10seconds to see how many people go where. if there is two at one sight go there and have a scouter (Some1 who looks for cts and calls there pos)
    my way: RUN DOWN MID WITH AK/M4 AND WAIT FOR AWPER!
    jks

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    At the end of the day. There are NO RULES against camping or cashing in on multiple health packs, it's all part of the game.
    Oh and btw, just because you don't like the way someone is playing on the server, does NOT mean you can vote ban them when they're not actually cheating and or breaking any server rules. All that will do, is get YOU in trouble for abusing the !cp.

Also, as has been proven on the JB server, too much !cp abuse will lead to its use being restricted. Think about that before you decide to vote ban someone just because you don't like them and or their style of play.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

The Cycle Must Continue
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Synthetic     $ 35.00
    Everything you mentioned is a part of CSS (yes even hackers, but that's not what I'm getting at) people will play how they won't and you need to find a tactic that suits you for the situation or just in general. I know when I go on the Dust server I usually get awped from the T spawn :/ Annoying yes, but what can I do? Abusing people on the mic is just going to make the situation worse and their not going to listen anyway :P
    Also, as for Mic banter/abuse if their being abusive to you in particular you can always votemute them of if an admin is on let them take care of it, but banter is natural and is actually quite fun to listen to sometimes for some reason ^_^

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Synthetic For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Standardise: "Seeing people like you with your attitude being in DtK disgusts me."

DTK RULES
    6. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

In this thread, I was talking about your cowardly strategy and not you as a person. I said I am so pissed about it. Otherwise Gaston wouldn't have thanked my post.

Abused my rights to voteban? Question for you: Were you banned? Were you kicked? Were you muted?
    Vote is to get a consensus. I can vote to kick,bbq,bone,mute, whatever you all day and every can still keep you in the game all day if they wanted you to.
    To one that has the power to abuse is the voters not the one opened the vote because it is still up to them to decide no matter what.

So how did I abuse anyone in that circumstance?

You are but one of more than 300 players that wouldn't care less about if you hadn't accused me of hacking yet I ignored you on that particular time.
    But still you respond in my thread and "troll" me here. Well there would be no ethics here as well or the people in charge are not doing their job well if trolling is tolerated. I may have called you camping "whatever" in game but I just voiced out my opinion here in DtK.

Caution: Few people are very choosy and careful with their word choice and I am one of them.

This thread may go on and on but it derives me to only one conclusion. As many people said, At the end of the day, It's all part of the game. And the game is to kill one another. Therefore, ethics is not applicable no matter how "professional" or well aimed the killer is (Exclude hacking). Chat/Mic is something different and ethics must be applied (if you know it).

I request this thread to be closed as I need no further trolling if people in charge may for I had enough of this topic.

thanks

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Abused my rights to voteban? Question for you: Were you banned? Were you kicked? Were you muted?
    Vote is to get a consensus. I can vote to kick,bbq,bone,mute, whatever you all day and every can still keep you in the game all day if they wanted you to.
    To one that has the power to abuse is the voters not the one opened the vote because it is still up to them to decide no matter what.
    That's where you're absolutely WRONG

It IS ABUSE OF THE !cp if you continually throw up a vote to kick/bbq/ban/mute etc. And it IS ABUSE OF THE !cp if you are doing it FOR THE WRONG REASONS as you clearly have been doing.
    All someone has to do is take a demo of YOU doing this and YOU WILL BE THE ONE BANNED.

Think about that one newbie. =)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

I may be wrong with that but you can't deny the fact that a vote is a vote and is reached by a consensus.

DID I CONTINUALLY THROW UP A VOTE? NO (have JAs to prove this as well as the other players if you insist)
    Reason of voting: Exploiting health packs, accusation of me and other players hacking without a substantial evidence such as demo etc.
    I take accusations of hacking against me very seriously for i don't have the slightest clue of doing so and i've spent too much time getting that lousy 90,000 points just to have that cool top 50 skin.

REASON VALID OR INVALID: Who decides on that?

Do we have a reference about the right usage of !cp?
    Yes: Have everyone be aware of that
    No: we should have one

Thread Title: Game Ethics

Its about time Council Admins and Staff focus on these topics because I have seen too many votekicks and mutes that are too unreasonable just because these players get too excited over the mic and having fun too much or are just expressing themselves and how they are in game.

So please have me demoed then ban me if the rest uses !cp in a very responsible manner and if you could come up with a substantial evidence.

As i have said, I am very careful with my decisions and choice of words esp. I have the luxury of time to ponder on what I have to express.

I may be a newbie Mr/Ms Jedi but like I said, I am very careful with my words. (nice text colors btw, i like red=)

Boobies

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Reason of voting: Exploiting health packs, accusation of me and other players hacking without a substantial evidence such as demo etc.
    Again, these are NOT things that are against the rules, therefore the reasons you decide to throw up a vote kick/ban whatever, is INVALID and abuse of the !cp.

Do we have a reference about the right usage of !cp?
    Yes: Have everyone be aware of that
    You really should check over the forums for information before you post something like this. If you did check over the forums properly, you would see that the "Rules" tab has a little arrow indicating a pull down menu, where you can access forum rules, general server rules and JB server rules.

Thread Title: Game Ethics

Its about time Council Admins and Staff focus on these topics because I have seen too many votekicks and mutes that are too unreasonable just because these players get too excited over the mic and having fun too much or are just expressing themselves and how they are in game.
    Again, if you check over the forums properly, you will find they have more than adequately addressed these issues. Also, the whole "the other person does it" is a primary school thing. If you want to be playing a game that's essentially designed for adults and or young adults, mature up a bit and take responsibility for your own actions instead of trying the little "he does it so why can't I" crap.

I may be a newbie Mr/Ms Jedi but like I said, I am very careful with my words. (nice text colors btw, i like red=)
    That would be Miss, thank you. And you yourself have admitted to giving as much "banter" in game as anyone else, so don't bother crying foul when someone outwits you whether it be by text or voice, it's the same thing, no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

My original responses on this thread were in no way aimed at any one person, the fact that you chose to take it as aimed personally at you is your choice and your problem. What I have to say here is nothing but the truth from someone who was actually trying to assist you in enjoying your game time a little better.

As for the "please have me demoed" ......... I was merely bringing to your attention the consequences of abusing the command panel. It was not an accusation. Next time, read what's there, don't be imagining what is not there.

Thank you. =)

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Standardise: "Seeing people like you with your attitude being in DtK disgusts me."

DTK RULES
    6. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

In this thread, I was talking about your cowardly strategy and not you as a person. I said I am so pissed about it. Otherwise Gaston wouldn't have thanked my post.

So how did I abuse anyone in that circumstance?

You are but one of more than 300 players that wouldn't care less about if you hadn't accused me of hacking yet I ignored you on that particular time.
    But still you respond in my thread and "troll" me here. Well there would be no ethics here as well or the people in charge are not doing their job well if trolling is tolerated. I may have called you camping "whatever" in game but I just voiced out my opinion here in DtK.

Caution: Few people are very choosy and careful with their word choice and I am one of them.

This thread may go on and on but it derives me to only one conclusion. As many people said, At the end of the day, It's all part of the game. And the game is to kill one another. Therefore, ethics is not applicable no matter how "professional" or well aimed the killer is (Exclude hacking). Chat/Mic is something different and ethics must be applied (if you know it).

I request this thread to be closed as I need no further trolling if people in charge may for I had enough of this topic.

thanks
    Me saying that seeing people like you with your attitude being in DtK disgusts me is because like Becca has stated, you're ***ABUSING*** !cp, you're name calling and thinking nothing of it, you're saying I accused you of hacking, I never call anyone a hacker because I know how god damn annoying it gets when you're better than someone and they just call you a hacker. I have been called a hacker on SMDM NUMEROUS times. I have never even seen you play well enough to warrant me calling you a hacker anyhow.

The reason I came here to respond to your thread is because you are completely in the wrong to be doing all the things I've previously mentioned and you're making out that I'm the bad guy. I'd appreciate it if you just stop ***ABUSING*** !cp, name calling and hating on someone when they have a tactic that you can't beat. I know that it's definitely possible for someone to kill me when I have 450 hp, you just have to think strategically.

So just to really make it clear to you..

- I never called you a hacker.
    - I am not here to troll, I am merely making sure that twisting the truth or any of the sort, like how you say I call you a hacker, Lol.
    - Voting to ban someone for as you say, "to get a consensus" that is just blatantly inconsiderate. If you actually took any mind to look at that vote, there were a few people that voted to have me banned. Maybe because they had the same problem with me that you had or whatever it may be. The point is that people can agree to a vote ban purely because they don't like the player. Starting a vote ban because you're butt hurt that you can't kill me is just idiotic.

Please stop trying to justify your actions and do not repeat these things because I will demo you if I see anything else of this sort from you again.

I also hope that you understand I'm not hating on you, it's just that the things you've done lately I do not agree with at all, I'm sure you're a great person and player.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Jinoot
    The reason Becca is a Jedi is because she understands DTK.
    In fact she has held most senior positions and has even been J.A of dust.
    Please Listen to her and give her a little respect.
    I have played with Standardize for a year or maybe years on the SMDM i have no issues with him and i give him shit day in day out.
    He has always taken it as intended (in fun) and i will vouch for him.
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knitting For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 2.0%

nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] nDOTdl     $ 20.00
    Gay thread.

Dust 2 is a ♥♥♥♥ of a server and that what makes it fun.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 2.0%

nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl has a spectacular aura about nDOTdl's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] nDOTdl     $ 20.00
    running thru short, thru ct spawn to double doors and knifing door awping cts is fun. take advantage things like this. will always have campers and shit like that. thats how the map is set out. HACKERS are who you should all be going against.

take ♥♥♥♥ing demos. of anyone whos suss and when your confident you have one get them banned.

♥♥♥♥ this ethics shit

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nDOTdl For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information